Cartomizers for Mech Mod???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfeltch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Hanover, Pa
Hello All, Thought I would toss this out there to see what you folks with mechanical mods are using if your a cartomizer fan. Just got my 1st mechanical mod and recoiled my protank for 1.6 ohms. It is vaping nicely for me and I'm looking to set up a carto tank for it. I will be using my AGR tank so I'll need non-flanged for that and my lava tank and will need flanged for that.

Any suggestions to help me out in my search?

marsos52

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
new jersey
I only use mech mods, I vape these day with cartos (no tank). I did use cartos and tank combos. I actually use the same cartos, I used to punch my cartos myself. so to answer your question.. I use smok 1.7 cartos mostly with my Legacy and GLV super mini, they are 3.7 volt mods and the lower resistance works best, I do sometimes use Boges LR cartos too. they are 2.0 ohms and vape a bit cooler.

my 5volt mech GLV mod gets Boges, both SR and LR cartos. depending on the hit I'm after. both work great.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I use Ikenvape Platinum (no flange) and Ikenvape 510 Fusion (with flange) in my pyrex cartotanks. I use standard resistance on my regulated PVs, but you might want the low resistance variety. The longer (45mm) carts from Ikenvape are called "mega". These premium carts are in high demand and short supply, but definitely worth it if you find them in stock.

For a backup cartomizer, I use the Smoktech tank replacement carts from Smoktek. Never been a fan of Boges - just a personal preference.

I have a list of about 20 online vendors that sell pre-punched carts here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...nched-single-coil-cartomizers-cartotanks.html

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I mostly use Boge F16 cartos on mechnicals, usually in a Valley View tank. Work well for me, and they are easy to get. They are flanged, and usually come in at about 1.7 ohms. Once is a while I'll use a regular (non-flanged) Boge LR.

As Baditude points out, the Ikenvape's are wonderful. I was lucky to find them in stock a couple of months ago, and picked up a pack of 5 of the Mega Fusion LR to try them out. Should have bought a whole lot more -- they are excellent! (And a belated thank you, Baditude for the recommendation a while back). Next time they are in stock I'm going to stock up big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread