• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
Extremely variable-

There is (was, maybe- haven't been there for a couple of months) a shop in technomart that had clear dual coils. for 15000 for 5. Not bad, by Korea standards.

In Homeplus, they used to have 510 and 801 cartos for 6900 for three.

And there's a shop in banwoldang, Daegu, with the new(ish) CE2 Tankomizer (the kind that you don't need a syringe to fill) for 18000 for a box of three. (They're better than I thought they would be. Not slurpy or leaky like older style CE2s.)

I buy locally when trying things out (cause I'm impatient like that) but if you're thinking about really switching full time to cartos, order from greenhouse one or similar. MUCH cheaper. (But try out first, because to justify shipping costs, you'll want to order quite a few.)

Best,
Ande

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
In the Banwoldang underground shopping area, there IS a Janty store, a store called Boss, and an store called "Chonja Dembae" (Which means electronic cigarette.)

The Chonja Dembae store has the sign only in hangul.

There may be one or two that I've missed as well, but I've seen those three in the last few days, so they should be there.

THe Boss store looks like it's on the way out, though- limited selection, sort of looks like leftovers. The other two seemed fine. I've bought juice and some CE2s there...

Best,
Ande

Bronte

Dec 14, 2011
Geoje, South Korea
Thanks Ande. I got some of the CE2s from Chonja Dembae and some ego cartomizers from Janty. So far not impressed with the egos. The two I've tried to fill so far aren't working and the one she filled up in the store is pretty flavourless. The CE2s are better but still not as much flavour as the tanks. Don't want to give up on atomizers but its cost me an arm and a leg and can't get one to last longer than a week. Hopefully they'll grow on me!

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
Are atties dying on you, or just losing flavor?

Are you cleaning them?

For flavor, my best setup is low resistance 510 atties, dripped or used with a feed system.

For convenience (and not bad flavor) I like dual coil cartos.

But I can't figure out the lifespan you're getting (not getting) from atties. I've always had them last at least a few weeks, more commonly several weeks.

The one I'm using now, I started using the first week of November. I haven't used it all the time (I use cartos when I'm working, to avoid having to refill) but I've used it every day. Still hits like an SOB. (I clean it every few weeks.)

Best,
Ande

Bronte

Dec 14, 2011
Geoje, South Korea
I know, frankly I don't know where I'm going wrong. I've been using Ego T atties which usually work fine for about three or four days then they start tasting burnt or losing all flavour. First I tried just washing them under warm water, which didn't make a difference. Then I tried soaking them in alcohol which didn't help either. Then I found the volcano method and that usually brought them back to life for a few days. But after that nothing. I haven't tried dripping though. Does that make a significant difference to the life of an atty? Could it be the liquid I'm using?

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
I'm gonna bow out to those with more experience here- I've heard conflicting and varied things about the ego-T, and never thought it would appeal to me, so I haven't had one. The atties look hard to clean, and I've heard of leaks, burnt taste, and lacking flavor. (Exactly as you describe.) THere may be a way to deal with this, but I'm clueless.

Best,
Ande

PS- As I understand the system, you can't direct drip on a tank atty, so with what you've got now, direct dripping probably isn't an option.

Last edited:

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
I have a Jessy X from FSUSA in the US as my backup. (Bought it when I was in the states.)

And an ultramax with RES from innovapor as my main vape. (Imported it. Not gonna do it again- it was a PAIN. And expensive.) It's a good PV though- works v well with atties or cartos.

Best,
Ande

PS- I try to buy gear locally, because I'm sort of "like that" but sometimes it just doesn't make sense. Were I you, I'd keep my ego batteries, and order (healthcabin or greenhouseone maybe) some decent low resistance cartos and atties from China. At the rate you're going through them, it really sucks to pay local prices.

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
Not a fan of the eGo-T my self, but for cartomizes GH1 is your best bet really. I use the steel DC cartos in my UFS currently, which keeps them wet at all times and they last me about 2 weeks or so before the taste starts to fade. I just order 25+ at a time from GH1 (to make up for the 17 bucks in shipping) and they last me months.

Bronte

Dec 14, 2011
Geoje, South Korea
Well I got 10 of the CE2 cartomizers so will just stick with those until I'm nearly out then order some low res atties and cartomizers from China I guess. Need to give my savings account a little break for the moment though. Giving up on Ego atties which is a shame because when they're good they blow the cartomizers out of the water...but only for two days at the most. Just not worth the cost/constant cleaning and drying/frustration. Thanks for the tips. Nice to have a place to come to talk to local(ish) vapers!

darkpoet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
South Korea
Healthcabin delivers just fine. Decent products, too. I ordered a fistful of smaller dual coils... the colored ones are all just stickers covering a silver carto. Not well placed, but I dig them so I can keep my flavors more easily marked. Their drip tips are a little sketchy (their O-rings seem a bit big). I also ordered flavorings but I have yet to prove my skill at chemistry...

Ah... and they arrived in 8 days.

darkpoet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
South Korea
I answered this in another thread? Not sure. I always order a mix of hardware and liquid. I think it's a lot less suspicious to the X-rays than just liquid. Usually I order at least a battery and some drip tips or cartos with my liquid. I've shipped 60mL x 5 that way with no problem. Extra hardware might seem expensive but it beats the 600won/mL import tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread