Status
Not open for further replies.

ian74

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Ok, I have a question, I'm not trying to sound ungrateful or anything, but I've hit a rough spot in the last week. Don't get me wrong, love my Volts and all, and haven't even had a real smoke in a month now. I'm really happy about that! Anyway, I want to throw this out here and see if anyone else has experienced something similar.

Shortly after I got my starter kit, I ordered 2 boxes of blank cartos. They were great. No problems. A week later I ordered 5 more boxes (first week of March). I have made it through about half of them, but in the last 2 boxes I keep coming across cartomizers that burn out (part of the 2nd order) really quick. I mean within an hour or two of using them.

I first thought it was a liquid issue, and I posted a thread about that, but today I'm thinking it's not just that. I use the one juice from Altcig (Vanilla Love) as my daily. I can usually get one carto to last me through about 6-8 ml of liquid. I filled a carto 3 days ago (condom method) let it sit overnight, and then vaped it in the morning. Within a few pulls I got that nasty burnt taste. Figured it was bum luck. Then I filled another one last night, and this morning the same thing happened. I have another carto of the same juice that I've been using since last Saturday and it's been fine. I just was wondering if there was a change lately?

I also noticed that these newer ones don't thread onto the battery as easily, or they just feel rougher. Has anyone else noticed this?

Sadly, I also noticed that one of my batteries isn't drawing very well at all. It seems really plugged up, I've pulled of the end cap, checked for clogs, cleaned the holes in the bats by the battery posts, doesn't help. I guess it's just been an off-Volt week for me...

I'm going to have to order more soon, I hope it doesn't end up going the same way...

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
Horizontal coil cartos are really sensitive beasts

anything over 3.7 volts (like your batt) combined with less than 2.6ish ohms (which these should NOT be) and you'll have a roast fest...usually.

Like imagine said, ohms can be off as they are mass produced

Also with horizontal coils, sometimes the coils are displaced to the left or right of the center tube. Shine a light down the middle and you can check. If this happens, you can end up roasting air tube/poly fill instead of vaporizing juice

All of this is why I have completely given up on filler cartos...so how about some clearos imagine ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread