Case? Pouch? ANYTHING?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JusticeKnuckles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2011
Western NY
Hey guys, I was pretty set on buying a Lava Tube for my first VV mod but after putting things in perspective: I've started and stopped vaping many times. I LOVE vaping when I do but when I run out of equipment or just get unsatisfied I'd cave buy a pack of analogs... I've heard so many success stories with VV mods and I'm ready to quit for good. So I'm leaning hardcore with the ProVari now because I figure if I'm going to quit for good I should try to get the best thing I can so I can be successful. One thing that bothers me about Provapes really is the lack of breaks you get from them, YES you are getting the top of the line products but you are paying through the nose to get it and it makes me sad that a freakin end cap is $20 - $30 and the Starter Kit is $3 cheaper the total of the extras you are getting... there is no savings. I still plan on purchasing the ProVari but my question to everyone who's bought one is does the base unit come with any case or pouch? Thanks for reading! :)

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Nope! In fact, mine didn't even come with a box. Came in the smallest "Flat rate" USPS mailer. In bubble wrap. It's well nuff protected from shipping mishaps. But, I carry mine w/me all the time. I mean I'm NEVER without it. Means I needed some way to carry it safely. I work graveyard shift, carry a flashlight. Gave me the idea to get a ProVari sized flashlight holster. Snap flap over the top. I use "Bianchi", comes either canvas or smooth/basketweave leather. Around $20 most cop supply stores. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

JusticeKnuckles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2011
Western NY
I think I'm going to order the regular satin provari with a chrome end cap for the 18650's. I heard somewhere that this unit needs these specific type of AW batteries because of the micro processor? Not sure what that's about, i already 2 Ultra Fire XSL 18650's so if i dont have to buy more i would prefer not to. Also, has anyone tried the atty's and carto's that Pro Vape sells? If they are any good I'd probably pick some up because I hate having to make 3 different purchases and paying shipping 3 ways etc etc. I think i'm going to pick up a liquinator and mom and pop mini sub to try out as well!

merlin440

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
ohio
2 should be fine I ordered 3 and vape pretty heavy, one batt seems so far to last me about 8 hours. I ordered both the cartos and attys from them just to give em a try. Only on the atty and so far solid atty 2.2 resistance, holiding tight at 2 days of vaping at 4.6 volts... Sorry I don't have more info just got mine yesterday. Almost the same specs your speaking of except a 3rd batt.

The way I look at it, I tend to order the batts from the place I order the mod and what they recommend. That gives me plenty of time to compare reasons and then cheap shop later :) The amount of money I've saved from analogs dwarfs anything I've spent to date on e-cig mods/juice/carts/attys/etc...

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
I think I'm going to order the regular satin provari with a chrome end cap for the 18650's. I heard somewhere that this unit needs these specific type of AW batteries because of the micro processor? Not sure what that's about, i already 2 Ultra Fire XSL 18650's so if i dont have to buy more i would prefer not to. Also, has anyone tried the atty's and carto's that Pro Vape sells? If they are any good I'd probably pick some up because I hate having to make 3 different purchases and paying shipping 3 ways etc etc. I think i'm going to pick up a liquinator and mom and pop mini sub to try out as well!

Read this regarding batteries and the Provari: http://www.provape.com/v/faq.htm

You really should only use AW IMR batteries in the Provari, although I've read of others using Ultra Fires.

Los Marauder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Iowa City
If you need a realy cool and affordable way to cairy you vape, check out "serenitygear.com". Custom made leather holders specificaly made for your pv. If they don't have it they WILL make it. Prices are so cheap its amazing they are custom made leather. I couldn't imagine for the price that they would be so well made with realy thick thick leather. I envisioned some flaky pleather cheesey crap. Not so at all. Pluss the fine folks there are ecf family.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
If you need a realy cool and affordable way to cairy you vape, check out "serenitygear.com". Custom made leather holders specificaly made for your pv. If they don't have it they WILL make it. Prices are so cheap its amazing they are custom made leather. I couldn't imagine for the price that they would be so well made with realy thick thick leather. I envisioned some flaky pleather cheesey crap. Not so at all. Pluss the fine folks there are ecf family.

I'm not one who would wear such a thing, but those look really nicely made, almost like custom holsters people make for sidearms. I'm surprised I don't see them mentioned more often.

JusticeKnuckles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2011
Western NY
Yeah, they do look super nice. I'm so on the fence here about ordering anything. I just can't decide... Provari, lava tube, infinity pro... I like things from each mod.

Provari, I love fact they are heavy, USA made, menu screen, drip cup and new age electronics in it... I do not like the price (but willing to spend that if it's what I want in the end) nor do I like the one button menu system... Provape also kind of annoyed me with the lack of extra incentive to purchase through them, no box or pamphlets, even a cheapy pouch or something would be cool. Maybe I'm just too tough of a cookie to please o_O

Infinity Pro: I love the price, raised atty connection, look/ size of and wheel adjustment of the infinity pro but don't like lack of indicator screen and weight.

Haha, I also began looking at juice fed box mods which has swayed my thoughts a lot too. So anymore opinions on ANYTHING would be great right now, just wish me luck on deciding soon :) thanks for the responses and tips guys, much appreciated!

Ps: hope I'm not coming off as some demanding ..., I understand Provape has one of the best products on the market and thus charge accordingly, stuff is just more expensive when it's US made. I'm a pretty good guy, just want to make sure the investment I'm about to make will be well thought out and perfect for me :)

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=43.004322,-78.200935

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
Yeah, they do look super nice. I'm so on the fence here about ordering anything. I just can't decide... Provari, lava tube, infinity pro... I like things from each mod.

Provari, I love fact they are heavy, USA made, menu screen, drip cup and new age electronics in it... I do not like the price (but willing to spend that if it's what I want in the end) nor do I like the one button menu system... Provape also kind of annoyed me with the lack of extra incentive to purchase through them, no box or pamphlets, even a cheapy pouch or something would be cool. Maybe I'm just too tough of a cookie to please o_O

Infinity Pro: I love the price, raised atty connection, look/ size of and wheel adjustment of the infinity pro but don't like lack of indicator screen and weight.

Haha, I also began looking at juice fed box mods which has swayed my thoughts a lot too. So anymore opinions on ANYTHING would be great right now, just wish me luck on deciding soon :) thanks for the responses and tips guys, much appreciated!

Ps: hope I'm not coming off as some demanding ..., I understand Provape has one of the best products on the market and thus charge accordingly, stuff is just more expensive when it's US made. I'm a pretty good guy, just want to make sure the investment I'm about to make will be well thought out and perfect for me :)

First off, I'm a picky person about tech objects. If I'm going to buy it, I want to buy it once and have it last a long time. I don't buy cheap phones because they always break. I've had the same iPhone for going on four years, and it still works great, for instance.

As it sounds like you've heard and read, the Provari is built like a fine hand tool. It reminds me of SnapOn or another quality USA-made tool. It handles like a high-quality socket wrench, the one you always find yourself reaching for and the one that lasts your entire life.

While a vaping tool might not last your entire life (because you're likely to want newer tech at some point), you can simply tell from the lack of issues ever to come up on the entire internet -- and there's no one so likely to post their complaints as someone who spent good money on a tool and found it lacking -- that it's a quality tool.

I honestly wish there were retail stores where people could handle these things for themselves. No one was as excited to get an original iPhone as those who had a chance to actually handle one, for example. If people could handle the items in advance, they'd see what's worth the money, and what isn't.

Oh, and the menu system is fine. The only people who complain about it vigorously haven't used it, or haven't used it much. It's a very simple and quick matter to do anything you want to do with the menu, and you only have one button's longevity to worry about. For as long as the Provari has been available and the lack of button issues, that's a non-issue as well.

You won't need a box or a pouch because you won't want to put it down. :)

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
No case for the Provari, from them anyway! looks like good sugestioms above! In the world of business, retailers expect to double their money! (General Rule); If it coast Provari 10 bucks they should charge 20. The other rule is simple; supply and demand! If the supply is low and the demand is high the price will and should be higher! capitalism baby, the American way! It may seem like allot, but man it is expensive to keeps the lights on and run a profitable business! The Lava tube is a nice device and I think you would be happy with it, but the Provari is top of the line! It may seem expensive, but it cost 50 bucks for a tank of gas today, and at 5 to 10 bucks for a pack of analogs, the investment is not unreasonable! I like the Provari and thought it was worth the extra cash for the quality, reputation and reliability it offers. So far, I have no regrets, as I do not find myself asking myself questions like; I wish I would have got something better! :toast:

Last edited:

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
Thx for the holster site! just ordered one! I lost 1 Provari in a taxi a couple weeks ago (was in my jacket side pocket and prolly fell off on the seat) so that holster will be on me all the time. Have to protect the investment!

I wonder what the person who found it thought it was. Although vaping is becoming more commonplace, we're still at a point where most people would have no idea what a Provari was if they found it laying in a cab. Probably thought it was some weird electronic screwdriver or drug paraphernalia.

Joe944

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2011
ca
It may seem expensive, but it cost 50 bucks for a tank of gas today, and at 5 to 10 bucks for a pack of analogs, the investment is not unreasonable! I like the Provari and thought it was worth the extra cash for the quality, reputation and reliability it offers. So far, I have no regrets, as I do not find myself asking myself questions like; I wish I would have got something better! :toast:

This is exactly why I went with the Provari. I was hesitant to go for a device dependent on electronics because of potential failure. The only choice was a company that sold a lot of devices and you knew would be around for a while to perform repairs if necessary. The Provari seemed like it had one of the better reliability rates and I liked the design, so here I am!

CarbonThief

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
This is exactly why I went with the Provari. I was hesitant to go for a device dependent on electronics because of potential failure. The only choice was a company that sold a lot of devices and you knew would be around for a while to perform repairs if necessary. The Provari seemed like it had one of the better reliability rates and I liked the design, so here I am!

+1, just ordered mine 3 days ago...can not wait! But alas I will have to. Sigh

Carbon

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
Good choice! A great device that exceeds expectations! That makes the Provari a good value despite the high price!

Nic-holio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
North Carolina
Read this regarding batteries and the Provari: http://www.provape.com/v/faq.htm

You really should only use AW IMR batteries in the Provari, although I've read of others using Ultra Fires.

Fire!!!! Fire, fire!!!! Yeah, YEAH hnnt-hnnt, hnnt!!!

On general principle I have decided I will never use a Lithium Ion battery which includes FIRE in the name. After spending most of a weekend researching battery chemistry types, max discharge rates, etc. And >1 story of people being very disappointed with other cells because of bad QC and other probs.

There is a REASON Provape only recommends using AW IMR / high-drain cells in the Provari. And it is not just because they want to sell you their batteries too. You can get AW IMR cells from other reputable vendors such as Super T.

But that boost circuit needs to be able to draw higher current levels. They explain this in detail in the "full technical explanation" FAQ on their site. I can imagine this will only be MORE important with the current limit being raised to 3.5 amps on the v2.

OP: You are going to spend at least $218 on a black/blue Provari, but you're not willing to spend another $20-$25 for a pair of the manufacturer recommended batteries? o_O

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread