Catch cup problem (help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
So I ordered a bottom fed mod from a gentleman here on ECF, and just got it yesterday. I love it, it is really gorgeous. Here's my problem, it has no catch cup. None. The 510 connection is dead flush with the top of it. It's kind of my fault, as I didn't ask for one, and I knew he had been making some for people that wanted to use tanks, and was leaving them off. I don't want to use a tank on it though, I'm looking to try out the whole BF deal. I've considered trying to put one on myself, but the 510 connection seems epoxyed in, and even if it wasn't, I don't think there's enough negative lead to move the connection up.

So here are my options:

1) Get REALLY good at sqwonking, really fast so I don't make a mess.

2) Ask if I can send it back, and pay him to cup me. Not sure if he can though, because as I said, the connection is glued in. Also, I'm really strapped for cash right now.

3) Sell it and buy another one from him, and this time, remember to tell him I want a cup. Hate this option, because it's really unique, and I would like to keep it.

Maybe there is another option I'm missing? I've thought about a drip shield, but how effective will that be when the connection is dead flush like this one is?

Any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated.

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
Hi Six,
Thanks for the advice. Will it feed OK with an adaptor? I use non sealed 801-510 adaptors for the Fusion cartos I use most of the time, and I've noticed I can't condom fill a Fusion with the adaptor on, at least not very well. I should say I assume they are non sealed. They have a hole in the bottom, and another in the top.

Also, never having used a drip shield, I'm curious if it will be much help, and still allow airflow with the connection as flush as it is?

Thanks again for helping out the bottom fed noob.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
It should feed fine. I have a 510/510 I got from .. maybe empire mods (i can't remember but I know they carry them) and feeding was just fine for my REO mini and a plastic bottom feeder I have. Neither of those uses a needle to get the juice to the atty though (not sure if yours does or not and I'm not sure if it makes any difference - someone else will have to answer that if your mod uses a needle)

Airflow doesn't change very much with a drip shield, but it does change a little bit.

And, yes. It will help. The 510/510 non-sealed adapter raises the atty high enough for the drip shield to cover it. Then, there is no where for juice to go but between the atty and the drip shield. There is an O-ring at the bottom of the drip shield that keeps the juice in so it pretty much works just like a juice well -- but even better because there is also an O-ring at the top that keeps the juice in - and the air holes are at the top so the cool air coming in passes over the entire shell of the atty keeping it cooler (theoretically).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread