Cathay Pacific, mods in check in baggage and batteries in carry on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I believe the consensus is mods on carry on (empty tanks first) batteries in silicone holders, on carry on. If you need to put e-liquid in baggage then make sure to put in ziplock bags in case of leakage during flight, but a fair amount of eliquid can be brought on carry on (I'd check your ingoing and outgoing flight airport rules to find out how much eliquid and stored in what fashion to be absolutely certain.

Mods should really be in carry on if possible as a)baggage handlers can be fairly rough with items and it's better for the electronics to stay pressurized and etc. So, unless you are bringing a huge selection of mods, carryon would be the way to go, I think.

Good luck and happy travels :)

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If that's your preference, you can. Keep in mind that you will have no real control over what happens to them once you check them in. To be fair, I don't think I've ever travelled where my baggage was TOTALLY lost, but I have had it sent somewhere else mistakenly and I'd hate to try and buy new gear or start smoking for a few days. It's annoying enough to have to buy toiletries and underwear and whatnot. Anything I want to be certain is under MY control goes in my carryon and that would include mods.

But, it's not PROHIBITED to put them in the checked luggage, although batteries certainly would be.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: smacuser

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes. Unless one of the many listed things in the posts above happen, in which case things will likely Not be Fine. But, it is totally up to you and your preferences, and your doing so will endanger no one but (probably very unlikely but it could happen) your mods and equipment. If you are prepared to replace them, then 100% fine.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: smacuser
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread