Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
As far as I'm aware it's quite legal in the USA - there are still vape stores in business, it's just mailing anything that's the problem for the individual vaper. If you're overseas, i.e. Thailand? Singapore? then I can't say. Nor can I advise if you had anything other than a tobacco e-liquid, or if you're under 21....

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    SG Vapers

HELP got caught with vape in Singapore. Anyone have experience?

According to this site, you can (but not necessarily will) face thousands of dollars in fines as well as imprisonment. But take everything you read on the internet with a grain of salt, including internet forum posts (including mine)...

Under section 16(2A) of the Tobacco (Control of Advertisements and Sale) Act (TCASA), it is illegal to possess, purchase and use vaporisers in Singapore as of 1 February 2018. This includes e-cigarettes, e-pipes and e-cigars as the TCASA covers any toy, device or article:

1. That resembles, or is designed to resemble, a tobacco product;
    2. That is capable of being smoked;
    3. That may be used in such a way as to mimic the act of smoking; or
    4. The packaging of which resembles, or is designed to resemble, the packaging commonly associated with tobacco products.

Persons found guilty of this offence can be fined up to $2,000.

In addition, under section 16(1) of the TCASA, it has been illegal to import vaporisers from 1 August 2016 onwards.

This means that buying vaporisers online and shipping them to Singapore for personal use is illegal. Those guilty of the offence are liable to a fine of up to $10,000 and/or up to 6 months’ jail. Repeat offenders are liable to a fine of up to $20,000 and/or to 12 months’ jail.

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    hi i got caught by police for vape possession today, any idea what is going to happen? they said they will refer to hsa, i am not selling, it was only for my own usage.

I second the where are you...

if in the United States what was in your vape? If your vaping nicotine e-juice there's nothing illegal about it, so get a lawyer. If your vaping the funny stuff that's different, but you still need a lawyer.

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2009
    Big Island, Hawaii
    David Tan does sound like a Cantonese name. The Cantonese are quite prevalent in Singapore and Hong Kong.

Gawd this is depressing but not that surprising. 10 years ago I used to vape at will in in all the food courts in Singapore. So many people were entertained by the sight. However, when Singapore comes down on something they really come down on it. Google the penalties for chewing gum on the street. You don't even want to think about small amounts of drugs.

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2009
    Big Island, Hawaii
    I think we've been scammed!

While all of us have put energy into this, the OP has not returned. He refers to the HSA. Well... In Singapore the HSA is the division of the government that holds blood drives.

I'm tempted to throw in a joke here about sucking blood but really... I'm just mildly .......

Reactions: smacuser

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Guess why I didn't take my vape to Thailand.

Yah, Thailand is bad, but a friend of mine went there, and vaped everywhere. One day, while relaxing by the hotel pool, enjoying his vape, a hotel employee came to him and asked if he knew it was illegal in Thailand. My friend replied, "so you gonna call the police on me?", gave the guy a small cash tip, and was left in peace. I have a feeling the police are hard on locals, easy on tourists, but I can't say that for sure.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: smacuser

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Yah, Thailand is bad, but a friend of mine went there, and vaped everywhere. One day, while relaxing by the hotel pool, enjoying his vape, a hotel employee came to him and asked if he knew it was illegal in Thailand. My friend replied, "so you gonna call the police on me?", gave the guy a small cash tip, and was left in peace. I have a feeling the police are hard on locals, easy on tourists, but I can't say that for sure.
    I'm all for pushing the envelope, but not that time. Last thing I needed was to have my bag checked and win the unlucky sweepstakes's ticket.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread