• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Caved. One year+ down the tubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
If any of you have read some of my post here at WWB, you know it’s been a bad couple of weeks. The events that led to part of this started months ago. Others just hit this last weekend (cars certainly can be a love hate thing).
With everything that was going on, I felt like throwing up my arms and screaming until I couldn’t scream anymore. I’ve used every bit of my patience with RW so everything else just ticked me off.
It’s an understatement when I say, my nerves were running rampant.
NO, I did not run out and buy a pack of analogs, although it’s times like this that drive the people who had successful quit back to the killer weed.
Last night I got out some liquid that had nicotine in it and added a few drops to some no nicotine mix---the end result is a very low mg content. Shook it up and dripped and puffed---did this for about 15 minutes and then switched back to the no nic. That is the first nicotine that I’ve had since June 9, 2009.
It helped so I will probably repeat again if needed but only if really needed.

For the positive side of this, don’t believe anyone who says you’re not getting nicotine. Believe me, you are.
I feel muuuuch better now. (Remember the commercials and the Munsters)
Actually, it helped a lot.
I feel greeeeat---oops wrong tiger, but I don’t feel like I’m gonna bounce off the walls anymore.

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods
I don't think it's "down the tubes" ...you are human...and a former smoker...when things get tough we reach for our "smokes" ..you did not buy analogs...but you needed a nic fix...you are a vaper...so you grabbed the nic juice... you could have grabbed a cig....but you didn't...I think you are beating yourself up over nothing...and you should still be proud of your year...I think it is a great accomplishment! Stay strong and vape on.... :vapor:

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
oh my goodness! it's just a drop of nic. If you needed it, you needed it. like an asprin when you have a headache. pick yourself back up and climb back on the wagon, you just pit a pot hole and fell off for a minute. I have a jar of 'shine in the freezer for the same reason you have nic juice. There are just days that's it's required. not many, and not often but it's there when or if my life gets that bad. I wake up the next day, saddle up and get on with it.

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
See? that's wonderful! I fell off the wagon about a month into vaping. My little brother had a nearly sucessful suicide attempt. I knew that at the time, I was going to need the analogs to get through the hellacious mess. I did not have the back-ups I needed at the time, and I had not been off analogs long enough to have faith enough that they would be able to get me though. So, I bought a pack of smokes, AND carried along my 510. I never intended to give up vaping, and I didn't. I needed the psychological kick and comfort of an analog at the time. And then I got through the crisis, went back to vaping. If the same thing were to happen today, I would not buy that pack again. I don't need them anymore. I don't want them anymore. And That my dear friends, is the Miracle of ecigs. I have quit many times, but there has NEVER been a time that I no longer wanted a smoke. And here I am today, smoke free and happy about it. It's amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread