• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

CBC All in a day Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

SloHand

Eh?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Kingston, Ontario
Did anyone hear the segment on CBC All In Day hosted by Alan Neal at about 3:50 this afternoon? They still haven't posted the podcast yet. I only caught the last 15 seconds or so but what shocked me was the disclaimer at the end of the piece that .... "nicotine filled e-cigarettes were NOT illegal in Canada." First time I've ever heard that from the media.

SloHand

Eh?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Kingston, Ontario
Turns out the piece I missed was Jane Testar as "Miss Conduct". Because she is syndicated, All In A Day doesn't post her audio but CBC Comedy Factory does. It should air tonight and be posted tomorrow there as a pod cast. Keeping an eye out for the link.

Of course I know that it's not illegal but when mainstream media has a disclaimer that overtly says so .... not something I've ever heard.

ronjamesmajor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2013
Hanna, Alberta Canada
Yeah definitely not illegal to import nic juice. It's just a crap shoot because one body says "whatever" and the other says "no way".

I really don't think nic juice under a certain mg level by definition even classifies as a schedule f drug. But the media in Canada needs to start waking up to the fact that it's a viable alternative.

Unfortunately the community we're in will inevitably not last. The powers that be will simply not allow something like what we have going on here to exist. It's sad, and I wish we could change it but it kind of seems futile sometimes. They need to cash in somehow. At the very least we're all going to wind up buying nic juice in stores paying insane amounts of money for it. Probably with added chemicals too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread