D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
I'm sure its still a hacker ...

So my question for the mods is how many users need to be ruined by this before we can publicly post sites that it COULD have happened on? This is getting absurd and its a huge blow to the forums, the industry, and especially business owners who do it the right way.

I have never had a problem and don't intend to.

Last edited:

KEITH97M3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
HONOLULU, HAWAII
nu-vapor.com
I am not sure if this will help but, I have a post about this on NV and it seems there has been a lot of this going on recently. I am not sure I can post the link so I will refrain from doing that but you can do a search there and find it easily. I use the same screen name there as I do here so it shouldn't be hard to find.

Aloha, Keith

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
i've used 2 of the sites in post 3 and got a couple of charges on my card. i've since had that one cancelled and got a new card.

now i'm just using my Discover card since they have a thing that will generate a new number each time i order online. no one gets my real card number. if it happens again, i'll know what vendor it was from.

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
I removed the names because that wasn't the point of putting them up there :) most have used them and had no problems whatsoever.

The reason I buy from big time businesses is because they have LITTLE motivation to steal $100 if it would cost them millions by being shut down. They also can afford proper security or can hire someone who can do it for them.

Here's a weird question, do you guys all run Windows based PC's?

Linda Marie

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2010
Albuquerque
I removed the names because that wasn't the point of putting them up there :) most have used them and had no problems whatsoever.

The reason I buy from big time businesses is because they have LITTLE motivation to steal $100 if it would cost them millions by being shut down. They also can afford proper security or can hire someone who can do it for them.

This has nothng to due with windows vs apple pc's... it is the site., really. You are not hacked your CC number is.
Tomorrow iI am off to buy a prepaid visa via wally mart ..
Except I am not sure if they sell them here?? Never noticed them in NM

I will call and ask them

KEITH97M3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
HONOLULU, HAWAII
nu-vapor.com
I have Vista but I also run numerous anti spyware, anti malware, firewall, virus protection, encrypted router and frequently run scans of all kinds. No intrusions so far. My suspicions is that it is coming from the credit card companies that do the collections and payments for online transactions. I seriously doubt any supplier would risk ruining their reputation and we all know Visa will investigate this to the best of their ability. I have faith they will get to the bottom of this soon and on the bright side, Visa/MC does not hold you responsible for these fraudulent charges and the money is reinstated quickly.

Aloha, Keith

Linda Marie

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2010
Albuquerque

I should probably add it has everything to do with the security of their servers (or more likely the servers they house their web sites on) not to do with the OS you are using.

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
I have Vista but I also run numerous anti spyware, anti malware, firewall, virus protection, encrypted router and frequently run scans of all kinds. No intrusions so far. My suspicions is that it is coming from the credit card companies that do the collections and payments for online transactions. I seriously doubt any supplier would risk ruining their reputation and we all know Visa will investigate this to the best of their ability. I have faith they will get to the bottom of this soon and on the bright side, Visa/MC does not hold you responsible for these fraudulent charges and the money is reinstated quickly.

Aloha, Keith

exactly. i was running on a couple day old install of Windows 7 when this happened and my computer was clean. i contacted both companies and know it's not them that's doing it. it's the merchant system that is the problem. a lot of these places use the same place so that's why this is such an issue right now.

Linda Marie

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2010
Albuquerque
Aloha to you also.

Not your computer - 20 years + IT - it is the sites where you purchased - they have the "leak" somewhere.
Where this purchases that you suspect from well known e-cig suppliers? Got me worried now and I will be monitoring my CC account this weekend. If you CC number may be stolen they often make a $1 or less charge to see if it goes through. Means it is a valid account. I saw a temp $200 against account last week which is still worrying me, now it is gone.

They pulled no money from theCC account and after a couple of days the temp charge goes away - I think I may call and bother my bank tomorrow - if I can get anyone to answer on a Saturday.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
So where and how?
Sounds like a great idea!
I just went to my bank and opened an account that can only be charged the amount in it. It has a debit visa card like my regular account but I set it up so no overdraft or no money in it, no money out. I can transfer money online in a couple min.

Last edited:

LynGBH

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2010
Not here.
I just went to my bank and opened an account that can only be charged the amount in it. It has a debit visa card like my regular account but I set it up so no overdraft or no money in it no money out. I can transfer money online in a couple min.

I think I'll pop on over to my bank and do the same thing. It's not like I can go to the corner store and get the stuff I need, so I'm sorta' stuck with buying online.....as most of us are, I guess.

bassthumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
TN
See, it'd make things alot more comfortable ON MY end if I actually SAW SOME NAMES OF VENDORS so I can watch out for this type of thing.
I mean, If I get ripped off by dealing with one of these vendors when it could have been avoided I'm gonna be pretty ...... off.
There's talk of "protecting the vendors" but there seems to be LITTLE done to "protect the customers" which I THINK is WAY more important.
All I gotta say is just WAIT til I get ripped off. If I found out who it was I'd drive right over to their house and you'd better believe it. This doesn't fly where I'm from...

RIMP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It's probably nothing to do with the vendors here:) It could be the processing of charges thru anywhere. My credit union says they've seen an increase lately on cc fraud. I live in a small town and am sure most of these have nothing to do with e-cig vendors:vapor::vapor:

Posting the names of different vendors is careless and reckless IMHO. The banks do sooo much outsourcing to different countries. It could have happened anywhere in the process.
RIMP:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread