Status
Not open for further replies.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
See, it'd make things alot more comfortable ON MY end if I actually SAW SOME NAMES OF VENDORS so I can watch out for this type of thing.
I mean, If I get ripped off by dealing with one of these vendors when it could have been avoided I'm gonna be pretty ...... off.
There's talk of "protecting the vendors" but there seems to be LITTLE done to "protect the customers" which I THINK is WAY more important.
All I gotta say is just WAIT til I get ripped off. If I found out who it was I'd drive right over to their house and you'd better believe it. This doesn't fly where I'm from...
Well I've ordered from around 15 or more of them so I can't cut them all off plus it probably isn't the vendors fault.

bassthumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
TN
Well I've ordered from around 15 or more of them so I can't cut them all off plus it probably isn't the vendors fault.

see... same here, so I'm kinda scared. Granted I only put on the money I'm gonna spend, I STILL would like to know the main vendors the problems are coming from...

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
See, it'd make things alot more comfortable ON MY end if I actually SAW SOME NAMES OF VENDORS so I can watch out for this type of thing.
I mean, If I get ripped off by dealing with one of these vendors when it could have been avoided I'm gonna be pretty ...... off.
There's talk of "protecting the vendors" but there seems to be LITTLE done to "protect the customers" which I THINK is WAY more important.
All I gotta say is just WAIT til I get ripped off. If I found out who it was I'd drive right over to their house and you'd better believe it. This doesn't fly where I'm from...

All well and good. Let me tell you what doesn't fly here. Making threatening remarks and naming vendors without 100 percent concrete evidence, which is very difficult difficult to obtain.

You would do well to remember it.

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
All well and good. Let me tell you what doesn't fly here. Making threatening remarks and naming vendors without 100 percent concrete evidence, which is very difficult difficult to obtain.

I agree with you, and I highly doubt it was a specific vendor. My bank doesn't even seem to particularly believe that it was the numbers directly being stolen. They seemed to feel there was a good chance it was someone running number generators, which have apparently gotten more sophisticated and easier to obtain....leading to a lot more people doing it leading to a higher statistical likelihood that you'll get hit. I think the onus is going to fall more squarely on banks to make come up with ways to make our cards more secure; apparently some already have passwords required on their cards even for online spending, and I would love to see mine do it, too.

I do wonder, though, if there is any way to determine whether it is any one "shopping cart" platform that is having the problem.

instamix

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2010
Kansas

And what if turns out to be big tobacco or big pharma or some other anti-e-cig organization.
This is the kinda thing they would luv ta see, in fighting, civil war, self destructionism they prolly laughing right now.

bassthumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
TN

No need to get smart with me.
All well and good. Let me tell you what I DIDN'T do here.
I didn't make any threatening remarks, NOR DID I name any vendors. NOR WILL I.

but thanks for reminding me what FLIES here. I already know this though.

Last edited:

KEITH97M3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
HONOLULU, HAWAII
nu-vapor.com
Who is the vendor you purchased from? Good to let the rest of us know, so we don't get jacked as well.

jRP, I really think it has nothing to do with the vendors at all. The problem is most likely coming from the credit card processing companies that all retailers that accept visa/mc have to use. Most of the people that had their numbers stolen didn't have any vendors in common so there is no need to start naming vendors. As long as you use a visa or mc, you are not responsible for any fraudulent purchases and will not lose any money anyways.

Aloha, Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread