CE* Clearomizer replaceable heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

brekehan

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Austin, TX
I've purchased several "rebuildable" clearomizers from a local brick and mortar. The shopkeep sold me with the "You can just replace the heads for $1.80 a piece. Well great, but when it comes time for me to change the heads, he evidently has some problem with his supplier and hasn't got any!

I bought two kinds. I have no idea what kinds they are or where to buy more heads online.

He claimed the first were CE6 clearomizers.
The second, he doesn't know, but he knows the heads from the first are different and don't work between the two.

When I go shopping online, I seem to find that there are

)"Mini Nova/Riva/Ego Clearomizer replacement heads"
)"Riva/Ego Clearomizer V2 replacement heads"
)A plethora of replacement heads for "if you ordered from this site"

I am hoping I have the former two.

Can anyone identify these and suggest where to buy replacement heads? I've got several of each kind and would hate to throw them out and spend another 5-6 bucks a piece rather than 1-2 bucks a piece.

First Kind seems to have a flatter end where it meets the post and a notch in it.
http://www.christopherpisz.is-a-geek.com/temp/1stKind01.jpg
http://www.christopherpisz.is-a-geek.com/temp/1stKind02.jpg

Second kind has a more tea cup looking end with no notch in it.
http://www.christopherpisz.is-a-geek.com/temp/2ndKind01.jpg
http://www.christopherpisz.is-a-geek.com/temp/2ndKind02.jpg

That is the only difference I can see between the two. Also, only one out of the whole bunch has a Vision V logo on it, so I suspect he mixed knock offs with name brand ones, but the unlogo-ed and logo-ed do indeed work with parts from one another. I tested that.

EDIT: Best pictures I can take out of 30 with my crappy phone added :/

Last edited:

brekehan

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Austin, TX
2 suggestions...1) kanger protank is coming out soon, no need to deal w/ all these inferior flavor-robbing devices and 2) ifu have a vivi nova here's genuine replacement heads - ce4's are disposable btw and not worth $1 imo - Atomizer Heads for Vision VIVI NOVA Tank - Latest in eCig Innovation

Well, I was going to do a separate thread for Vivi Nova, but while you mention it and since the heads *might* be interchangeable, he also supposedly sold me a Vivi Nova. It at least says "Vivi Nova" on the plastic inside. After looking online and comparing, it seems to be the kind with the metal casing over the plastic tank. I've only been using that for a few hours to hold me over while I look for heads and it doesn't seem to be wicking my juice very well. I keep getting dry hits with with my thinnest friendliest juice.

http://www.christopherpisz.is-a-geek.com/temp/vivinova.jpg

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
The nomenclature gets really fuzzy... but they both look like variations on the CE4+, CE5, Stardust type.

I suspect that the heads will work on either, although with the short wick you're in for a lot of rolling action to keep it wet.

Most Vivi nova heads will work on the Stardusts. Just compare the height. You mentioned that you also got a Vivi, so try it's head on the CE to find out for sure. If it works, then you can get Vivi heads all over the place.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO

brekehan

ECF Veteran
    Jan 8, 2011
    Austin, TX
    The nomenclature gets really fuzzy... but they both look like variations on the CE4+, CE5, Stardust type.

I suspect that the heads will work on either, although with the short wick you're in for a lot of rolling action to keep it wet.

Most Vivi nova heads will work on the Stardusts. Just compare the height. You mentioned that you also got a Vivi, so try it's head on the CE to find out for sure. If it works, then you can get Vivi heads all over the place.

I think you are right. I took apart the Vivi and switched the head onto my "1st Kind", put a lil juice, and it is producing vapor. They probably all switch out.

I went ahead an ordered a 5-pack of "vivi nova replacement heads" and a 5 pack of "Ego CE5 replacement heads". I suspect either will work and I'll just take whichever wicks and lasts longer if there is a difference at all. If one or the other doesn't fit, oh well, that's the price for not knowing what I am buying. It's a cheaper price than I suspected from darkhood's link. If they do work, I'll make that site my new go to.

speedjason86

ECF Veteran
    May 25, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    the first one looks like CE4 with short wicks.
    the second one looks like one of those knock offs. probably.
    the only problem I can see is if using different heads with different length your tip might not screw in properly or there can be a gap to leak.
    also vivi nova type head wont work on CE4 type clearos because the rubber cap is different. vivi heads have rubber tube caps designed to seal against the vivi caps where the ce4 type head seals against the tip.
    vivi nova head
    vivi-nova-replacement-heads.jpg

ce4 head
    ce4_head.jpg

Last edited:

Fred Garvin

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    I do not mean to hijack your thread, but reading this....I'm new to my eGo-U kit and am still on the first CE4 (I believe) that came with the kit. I've read and watched YT vids about cleaning them, also about getting ones with replaceable parts.

How long does a CE4 last? Average vaper I guess, fill my 1.8 twice a day.

I ask because they're pretty cheap. The place I get my stuff from, they're $6. Even if I order 2 30ml bottles and 2 CE4's a month, it's still cheaper than my previous V2 cartomizer order. The CE4's are disposable...so just toss em.

speedjason86

ECF Veteran
    May 25, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    I do not mean to hijack your thread, but reading this....I'm new to my eGo-U kit and am still on the first CE4 (I believe) that came with the kit. I've read and watched YT vids about cleaning them, also about getting ones with replaceable parts.

How long does a CE4 last? Average vaper I guess, fill my 1.8 twice a day.

I ask because they're pretty cheap. The place I get my stuff from, they're $6. Even if I order 2 30ml bottles and 2 CE4's a month, it's still cheaper than my previous V2 cartomizer order. The CE4's are disposable...so just toss em.
    they last pretty long. I have successfully cleaning the coil by dry burn it. still works fine.
    the only problem I have encountered is the wick falling apart causing wicking issue.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Depends on the juice. Some gunk the coil more than others. Maybe my technique isn't as good, but I rarely have success with dry burning - just get a burnt taste out of it. But heads are pretty cheap.

I tend to disassemble and clean mine either every 4 or 5 fills, or, of course, when changing to a different flavor. If the later, then it's coil change as well. (Unless going from a mild to a strong flavor.)

Ber very gentle when cleaning the coil. Just pat the wick dry to minimize the issue SpeedJason mentioned - and even then, it will happen eventually.

vernhall

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2013
    United States
    Another example of why 'not' to buy from your local brick 'n mortar store... Most of these seem to be run out of a traditional 'smoke shop' as an after-thought (well, really just another way they think they can bring in a buck) by people who really have no idea of what they're selling you... And, a word to the wise, never buy e-liquid from one of these places unless they have a test-bar that will allow you to sample their home-brew e-juice before you buy the bargain-priced 30ml bottle they'll try to hustle off on you...

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Depends on the B&M, doesn't it? If it's a vape only shop, they probably do know the field. If it's a smoke shop with E, maybe not.

I'm luck enough to have some vape only stores within reach. They all have vape bars where you can try out juices, none of which are home brew, but all recognized brands. While they are higher in cost than on-line purchases, it's a good way to get yourself headed in the right direction.

Same with hardware, although I'd suggest that, unless you're in dire straits you get all that on-line!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread