Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Usually there finely stranded long wicks sometimes looped and folks cut the loops.
Here is pic of my ce2 you can see the fine braid .
dieseler-albums-vision-stone-cartzilla-modification-picture72218-hpim3754-medium.jpg

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Yeah, mine are not looped. Just one strand and braid from each side of the cup. Mine broke off the whole braid at the coil. But even with that happening, I am still loving my first expierence with the CE2s. I don't mind fiddling with stuff so that is OK. How long are yours lasting you?

They will last a month easily , the wicks are fragile so i do not fuss with them much i just now "gently" rinse out tank with ce2 still in tank then i blow some thru the 510 connector end which enables me to clear airtube and any standing water that may be in the porcelain cup and then dry burn the coil in short burst till i see it glow red.

I used to removed the ce2 rinse and pat dry the wick do the dry burn of coil but found the wicks are fragile and i "personally" was giving then pre-mature wear and tear.

terrilg70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
NC
They will last a month easily , the wicks are fragile so i do not fuss with them much i just now "gently" rinse out tank with ce2 still in tank then i blow some thru the 510 connector end which enables me to clear airtube and any standing water that may be in the porcelain cup and then dry burn the coil in short burst till i see it glow red.

I used to removed the ce2 rinse and pat dry the wick do the dry burn of coil but found the wicks are fragile and i "personally" was giving then pre-mature wear and tear.

Yeah the 2 I have messed up are due to user error. I think I may just rinse them next time and do the dry burn. Do you pick around the coil after your dry burn then rinse again. Or is it better just to do the dry burn and leave them alone.

What type of tank are you using?

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
CE2 wicks don't like to be disturbed. When I prepare mine for cleaning I put about 4 drops of white distilled vinegar on the coil and let them sit at least overnight (usually longer). Then I soak them in hot water, blow them out, let them air-dry for a day or two then dry-burn them. If you get some ash built up on the coil you can gently tap the carto on a desktop to knock off the excess, but the LAST thing you want to do is fiddle with the wick.

I keep two batches of CE2's in rotation and using my cleaning method I lose maybe 2-3 cartos a month (from shorting out - not from wick failure).

ninfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
burkesville, kentucky
those are not ce2's. they are made by vision not microcig/royal smokers. same thing really but these are much much better(no soldering) although i prefer the microcig ce4+ which is being called the vision stardust at gotvapes.com which i have not seen at any other supplier...these things completely rock.

terrilg70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
NC
those are not ce2's. they are made by vision not microcig/royal smokers. same thing really but these are much much better(no soldering) although i prefer the microcig ce4+ which is being called the vision stardust at gotvapes.com which i have not seen at any other supplier...these things completely rock.

hmm mine are made by royal smokers and were advertised as 510 ultimate CE2 clearomizer xl. So are these not really CE2s? If they are not burning in half then why are they breaking off at the coil? Again it is the entire braid not just some strings.

ninfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
burkesville, kentucky
sellers can call them whatever they want. coil breaking can be caused by the cup seal. the cap tightens down the seal and can press the seal against the coil/wick thus breaking it. easy solution is to cut the inside lip of the cup seal out. i have not liked these big tanks very much over the other sized visions. too low of ohms for my tastes... still get burning tastes even at 3.3 volts

terrilg70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
NC
I do not even use the cup seals (the one with the fill holes). The coil is not breakin it is the actual braided wick. The vendor stated this is an isolated problem and is sending another batch. Until those arrive I have taken out all three (the mouth peice, o ring and cup cover) and put in a the white boge mouth plug, and use a drip tip, I have found that this leaves a small space above the cup and I have no leaks.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
also it impossible to burn the wick...it is made of silica...so unless you are reaching 2k temps u cannot destroy it with heat

I was wondering the same thing. I had a couple of Visions that failed, and the wick was definitely burned through. Well, perhaps not burned, but had about the same consistency as charcoal. Crumbled in my hand with no effort. Rather disconcerting.

Silica rope is what 2300 degrees melt point? So either the wicks in this case are not silica, or silica degrades and becomes brittle with heat rather than melting.

pearlheartgtr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
NY
I have had several of the new CE2 clearomizer/Fluxomizer wicks burn off. I didn't have this problem with the R4s and the looped thin wicks. Only with the new thick wicks. They fall apart so easily. I notice they start fraying up by the coil after a rinse (sometimes they're fuzzy right out of the box). I had old CE2 R4s that lasted me nearly a year of heavy abuse before retirement--tugging wicks out of SS tubes and rooting around inside with tweezers and paperclips to rinse before finally stuffing them back in with Big Gulp straws. These, I seem to go through like water and have to treat them with kid gloves.

I have old CE2 R4s lying around and those wicks didn't burn when I hit them with a lighter, the new ones immediately shrivelled and turned to dust. I did see a video a few months back of someone performing that exact same trick to prove the new wicks are different and inferior to the old ones.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
I have had several of the new CE2 clearomizer/Fluxomizer wicks burn off. I didn't have this problem with the R4s and the looped thin wicks. Only with the new thick wicks. They fall apart so easily. I notice they start fraying up by the coil after a rinse (sometimes they're fuzzy right out of the box). I had old CE2 R4s that lasted me nearly a year of heavy abuse before retirement--tugging wicks out of SS tubes and rooting around inside with tweezers and paperclips to rinse before finally stuffing them back in with Big Gulp straws. These, I seem to go through like water and have to treat them with kid gloves.

I have old CE2 R4s lying around and those wicks didn't burn when I hit them with a lighter, the new ones immediately shrivelled and turned to dust. I did see a video a few months back of someone performing that exact same trick to prove the new wicks are different and inferior to the old ones.

Well that settles it then. I've been procrastinating buying some re-wicking material for my now favorite carto the Stardust. I'm going to order true silica rope and compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread