The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

CELLULOID DRIP TIP safe?

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by tara81, Jul 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. tara81

tara81 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 13, 2014
    canada
  2. jgreck

jgreck Full Member

Jul 25, 2016
    Hiya. After doing some quick google searches, I have a somewhat indefinite answer for you. I'm not sure if this is safe to vape with. It is my understanding that the term "celluloid" is used to describe a wide variety of modern plastics. Take this forum thread here, for example: What is the difference between "plastic" and "resin" or "celluloid" - Fountain & Dip Pens - First Stop
    While the topic may be different, the discussion of the chemical makeup of different types of plastics is discussed.
    Most likely, the drip tip you purchased is safe to vape on. The original celluloid plastic, cellulose nitrate, is difficult and expensive to produce. On the other hand, cellulose acetate is used in the manufacture of cigarette filters and is considerably less flammable and cheaper to produce. While I always advocate safety, the chances of your drip tip lighting itself on fire are slim. If it really bugs you, contact the supplier and try to get a handle on where the tips were manufactured, and exactly what type of plastic they're made of.

3. tara81

tara81 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 13, 2014
    canada
    thanks jgeck I will

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.