Center Pin O-Ring Radius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusion_Boy

Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
San Antonio TX
Good Morning,

The other day while I was doing a few rebuilds I noticed that I would get “Output too high” on more than one occasion. At first I thought it was my build however I was well within the working range of the Radius. So then I noticed that the floating center pin was pushed all the way down "flattened". So I used me ceramic teasers to prop the center pin back up.

When I screws an atty back on it would work until it was flush with the base of the Radius then I would get the “Output too high” message again. If I backed it out just a little it would work however it would be wobbly.

On my final attempt to pull back up the center pin I noticed that the orange O-ring was torn on one side and with closer examination it was actually severed.

I was wondering what the size of this O-ring was so I could order more to fix my issue or do you all think their might be another issue and would deem it necessary to send it in for a checkup. I have hopefully attached pictures of each part in question for your viewing pleasure.

IMG_2159.JPG

I have also attached a very blurry image of what looks like a small part of the O-ring still wrapped around the center pin. I do not have a good Macro camera near me. (just notice the orange glow)
IMG_2160.JPG

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I've been wondering how long it would be before we saw this issue surface. I'll post a link to an excellent post in the P3 thread where an o-ring size is given:

Good luck if you decide to go it alone, please let us know what you decide and how you make out.

It probably happened from a somewhat long 510 threaded attie, something that I worried about when I first got a P3 topped ProVari. When screwing an atomizer on, once I just feel the pin engage the pin of a P3 topcap, I check to see how large the gap is. If it is sizeable, I utilize these disks :

View media item 429259 as shims, to take up some of the space, so as to not overly squish the ProVari P3 connector center pin grommet/o-ring.

Last edited:

Fusion_Boy

Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
San Antonio TX
Thank you so much for your reply, I have ordered the o-rings you mentioned and they should be here Wednesday. The Shim idea is an excellent one I will have to make me a few just in case I ever use the RDA that causes this issue.

Yes indeed I did figure out that it was my doge RDA V2 that was the culprit as the center contact does not adjust at all. When I started using it their was a gap, it was acceptable as it did not have any wobble. Well as parts wear from use it started tightening down on that center pin.

I will post my results on the replacement o-rings as soon as they come in.

Fusion_Boy

Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
San Antonio TX
Ok so here we are a few days later and I could not be happier with the information provided by "coldgin96" by way of "ENAUD" . Last night the O-rings came in and this morning I installed it with a little ingenuity. If you want to see how I installed it I can make a video later. With that being said I also would recommend (my opinion) replacing the standard O-ring that comes with the Radius. These O-rings are sturdier than the orange one that originally came with my setup. NOTE: This could change in the future so later reversions may not be applicable to my recommendation.
IMG_2168.JPG
IMG_2169.JPG

You will also see how much of a gap I now have with the DOGE RDA V2 and how much it had compressed to be shorting out.
IMG_2173.JPG

Going forward the DOGE RDA V2 will no longer be used on my RADIUS. I have decided to only sport the wonderful SPECIAL EDITION - GUN METAL GREY KABUKI™ P3 THREAD TANK. You can see below for pictures.
IMG_2174.JPG

I hope you all enjoyed taking this little journey with me. :thumbs:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
So glad that you returned and posted your positive outcome! Thank You. I had a thought about your gap, an easy fix would be to use an appropriate size O-ring that you could tighten the attie down onto without over compressing the 510 connection. Now I must get some of those O-rings for my repair parts stash. :thumbs::toast::vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread