Center Post Spinning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aziphrale

Aug 18, 2014
Brooklyn NY
Hello all,

Straight to the issue at hand.

I have a TOBH Atty Clone, the center post is spinning. When i screw in the center screw the entire post turns with it. I tried to hold the post and screw the bottom screw and have not had any luck. Is there a quick fix that anyone know of to repair this?

Any advice or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I had the same issue and ended up buying an "upgraded" copper center post.

I believe that the issue with the center post is that the threads weren't cut deeply enough, so the screw-in positive post at the bottom of the atty bottoms out before the post is tight enough to prevent spinning.

Aziphrale

Aug 18, 2014
Brooklyn NY
I had the same issue and ended up buying an "upgraded" copper center post.

I believe that the issue with the center post is that the threads weren't cut deeply enough, so the screw-in positive post at the bottom of the atty bottoms out before the post is tight enough to prevent spinning.

Did you get the Upgraded post from a shop or Online. I have tried to screw the post and tighten the head below at the same to no avail.

How did you change the post if it spins with noting else?

K_Tech

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Did you get the Upgraded post from a shop or Online. I have tried to screw the post and tighten the head below at the same to no avail.

How did you change the post if it spins with noting else?

I purchased it through Congrevape, although I think there are some retailers that carry them, and I put a small drill bit through the wire hole to hold it steady while I unscrewed the bottom.

I used the same method to install the new post.

K_Tech

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Thanks K_Tech i appreciate the help. It wasn't an expensive atty. I got it from fasttech. Just disappointing had it for less than a month. If the upgrade is same price might just buy/order a new one.

Yup, I think the "upgrade" cost about what a "new" clone on FT costs.

Just checked them looks like its no longer offered. its closed... This site is awesome though. Gonna check some other items :)

They do offer some interesting deals from time to time. Just beware all the items they offer are group buys, and you may have to wait a month or two to get what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread