Anyone struggling with the infinite clt: read here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have purchase the infinite clt as of two weeks ago now, it's a pretty good dripper nothing spectacular about it, but I have found some issues that have plagued me horribly with this dripper. The center post spins, the screws break every wire i push the the center posts. Attempt these fixes at your own risks!!! First the center post issue, my center post wasn't spinning when I first got this, but I got it to spin and the reason it started doing this was because of the bottom adjustable screw was out to far when I was building on it and it pushed the center post up and the center post began to spin. The way i fixed this was tightened the adjustable screw down and i put the dripper upside down on the table and pushed the center post back in. It was hanging out just a little to far and extremely easy to spin. I can't say if this will fix yours or not but its worth a try, it's basically like punching it back in, it's not held in by much. When I build on it now I make sure to tighten that pin back down so it doesn't happen again. Ok now, I've had another issue that's really been aggravating me and that's the screws breaking off every wire I have put in there, this was extremely frustrating when I built a new coil and it just destroyed it every time I tightened it down. The posts don't seem to be tapped very well on mine, and the holes that the wire goes through had a huge edge on them. What I did was drill out the post holes more on the negative posts and I actually drilled down a little bit more to get rid of that lip. This ha completely solved my issue, I used a 1/16 drill bit to do this, you could also wrap your wire around the screws but I didn't want to have to do that. Anyways these are a couple ways I have fixed the issues I've had with mine.

Any questions and I will try to help you the best I can. I have also fixed some issues I've had with the magma posts

I can give more detailed descriptions If anyone is having serious issue's with it. I personally don't much care for it even though many are in love with the device lol, it's not a horrible dripper, but after having the magma it's hard to keep my magma off my mod lol. I think I'm buying the 454 big block next, as it looks really nice design is cool plus it's something new to build on. I also want to buy the plume veil, but I haven't seen anywhere that currently has the authentic there all sold out. I'm ordering it thursday anyways I'll wait the couple weeks to get my hands on her.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I choose to wait to order new products until a large number of 1st users have weighed in on their purchases. I remember hearing about the CLT 2-3 months ago and was really interested in it, but now I am glad I held off.

I do have the Magma and have been very happy with it. Am waiting to hear about the Plume Veil 1.2. I waited for the reviews on the Plume Veil and decided that I would be better off waiting until the next version comes out (and the 1st users weight in on it).

This strategy has saved me boat loads of $$.

Last edited:
The plume veil version coming next is v1.2 I believe they got rid of the 24k gold plating on the deck for some reason. Which isn't a big deal to me I just really have wanted it haha. The magma is my favorite rda as of right now haven't got to try the veritas though I hear it's just as good. As far as the clt goes it's not a bad dripper I got some dual super nano coils and I like it quite a bit with them. The thing I don't like is it just doesn't give me the best flavor, it produces really good clouds that's for sure. The stock drip tip actually really restricts it I put my wide bore one on it and it's insane. I think it'd be better on a mech mod at the really sub ohm levels. The issues I had with it were quite frustrating however, I don't feel like it's going to last a long time because of the screws in the post holes. Oh well it was only $40 so can't expect the best, it's good at one thing for sure and thats chucking the clouds the super nano makes the flavor better too though i'd have to say. The magma I had one issue with and it was with the negative post it was wiggling a little bit come to find out it's pressed in, so i took the positive out and pressed the negative in further and with that delrin piece that goes between the posts I made sure it fit snug and its held both posts really tight against each other so neither can move, no problem since, In fact she's been great no matter what coil build I put in it.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Thanks for sharing your fixes with other CLT clone users!:)

It's not a clone but an original from someone that also produces clones.

Josh,

I have had the same problem with the screws cutting wires on both my authentic drippers and clones. The screws are either cupped or have a shape edge. Since I mostly drip at home I went to hex head flat bottom grub screws and the problem went away.

Not knowing what gauge wire you are using or how often you build I can only suggest that once your tail starts to point up your getting pretty close to tightening up the wire underneath the screw. If you are using 24 or 26 gauge and cutting the wire the screws are the problem. Just swap them for some flat bottoms. If you have the positive post problem solved and need some PM me your address and I'll get you some. I believe the negative posts are M2 and the positive M2.5.

The CLT is a good dripper for the price point and with the Helios/Brass Monkee positive block make it easy to build.

I own both authentic and cloned drippers and each have their quarks. The Magma made by Infinite (1:1) is as close to the original as I've ever seen and vapes just as well, same with their Brass Monkee and I know because I own both.

Go back to the vendor that you picked it up from and tell them what happened. I can tell you from personal experience that yours appears to be an anomaly, the reviews are good for the dripper and I haven't heard many complaints.

Last edited:
Yeah I know it's not a clone it is an authentic from infinite actually, normally yes they do make clones but this is a mixture of a couple with infinite twist on it. I do like the dripper and the negative post screws are the issue I've used twisted 28 gauge regular 28 gauge and 26 gauge they were tearing through all of them, except for my parallel coils. I actually sanded the screws down some too, so it hasn't happened to me since I did this. I was wondering what size they were because i had some m3 screws but they were just a little to big and my hardware store doesn't have the really tiny flat bottom ones. I was going to go back to the vendor but I'm normally the person who will try to fix the problem myself, you know what I mean I always try to find a way from having to get another sent if it's possible. the 3 post design was actually why I got it I love the positive block easy to build on plus if I want I can make it spin some to fit in all kinds of crazy builds.
I know I didn't hear any bad reviews on it either or anyone complaining about it I think I just got a wonky one haha maybe one before the cnc manufacturer changed the taps and one got out or something, most of it's been minor but when i build a diamond coil and it kept snapping the wires it was really aggravating me. I just wanted others to know if they have issues there's ways to fix them.

I'll pm ya man

I'll tell you the super nano coil is the best I have had in it so far. Sorry forgot to put in here the biggest thing that was making me mad was if I did get the coils in without an issue later on like when I'd be at work and can't just swap out another dripper I'd have to tighten the screws up, the negative one's come loose a lot on me and when I did it the last time it ripped the wire apart. thank god for the tiny keychain screw driver lol or i'd of been .... out of luck

Last edited:

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Josh,

The positive posts are M2.5X.45X4mm
Negative posts are M2X.4X4mm

The M2 take a .9mm hex and the 2.5 take a 1.3

If you can't find the 4mm just use 5mm, both work. I know people have been getting these off ebay and I use Fastenal. Only problem is you will have to pick up 25 but they can be used in a bunch or different drippers.

snipeslayer

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2014
United States
My CLT just started having the center post spin on me some. I tried the 'bang it back in' method, but it seems to still be slightly loose and when tightening the screws down it wants to move some still. Any other suggestions? I thought about taking the bottom post out and trying to remove the top completely and make sure nothing was broken or anything. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread