Central Vapors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheina

Sep 23, 2017
AVOID THIS DISREPUTABLE COMPANY. Instead of honouring the DISCOUNTED invoice below, they requested extortionate EXTRA postage (two differing amounts), when I refused to pay, cancelled my order. There is now insufficient time for me to import into Australia before the law changes & they were fully aware of this. Unconscionable, illegal conduct from Central Vapors A previous order took two months to arrive, no tracking, appalling customer service.

Attachments

• central1.PNG
    central1.PNG
    117.6 KB · Views: 72

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    People either love CV or hate them with a passion. From what I hear, they are largely incompetent when it comes to ecommerce and knowing how to configure their shopping cart. They probably are incompetent in configuring their shipping methods and prices in their shopping cart for shipping charges to AU and now they want you to pay the additional money so they don't lose too much.

But you did get a decent coupon discount, you have to admit.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    @Cheina -

First, if this was true, "A previous order took two months to arrive, no tracking, appalling customer service", so you obviously weren't a happy customer...why even try to order again from them?

Second, when I add up the cost of the items you had on that invoice, the subtotal should've been $257.60. Where'd the $559.76 come from? Did it have something to do with the Bulk ejuice Policy that has YES written after it...at the end of each eliquid description on the invoice?

Third, I don't understand why there are 2 discounts on the invoice. I've ordered from them quite a few times, and there could always be only 1 discount or coupon code used per order.

Fourth, there's no way the shipping could've actually been only $44.99 to Australia...for 2.5L of eliquid and 20 empty 50mL bottles! It would've likely been that much within the US only.

Also, about this: "Unconscionable, illegal conduct from Central Vapors"

They likely have the same Terms of Service & Disclaimers (regarding website errors) that other vendors do. By placing an order with them, you are agreeing to abide by those Terms of Service and Disclaimers. So, it's not illegal conduct for them to enforce the terms...in this case, to request the correct amount of S/H from you, in order to complete the transaction and ship your order.

Finally, don't be surprised if your thread is removed from the regular General Vaping forum and sent to the Negative Reviews or Complaints sub-forum. Moderators will usually move posts like this there.

Last edited:

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I've never ordered from them (and I'm in the US) I feel for you with the situation in Australia... don't blame vendors... it is what it is and it's just plain messed up (here in the US, it was going to be "vapeaggedon in May... now it's September... we are all screwed in the end) I will say I almost ordered some DIY flavors from them (many said they have good flavors) but then I noticed you have to use them at 20% (most are less than 10 %) so I passed.

Cheina

Sep 23, 2017
    JCinFLA no I was not impressed when they ignored my request to track having waited 6 weeks, I gave them the benefit of the doubt due to covid (that was their excuse). The two discounts, buy 3 get one free & a coupon Honey automatically applied THROUGH THEIR SYSTEM. As you can see the shipping was quoted BY THEIR SYSTEM and paid for at $44. Yes I will blame the vendor when they are incompetent, dishonest & unconscionable. You order & pay up front in good faith products will be sent, as agreed yes? If all e commerce were permitted to behave in this fashion, retailers would be rejoicing, it is called TRUST.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread