e-cigarette-china.com - wholesaler - review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Þornbjörg

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Tampa, FL
Ok, received my order today. Time for the review.

September 26th
Ordered:
(3) 510 Starter Kits
(20) empty carts
(1) 50mL XVHigh eliquid

September 29th
I was informed they are out of stock of empty carts, was told they would ship after the holiday was over, on the 9th of Oct.

October 2nd
I was informed order has shipped

October 16th
I contact them to inquire about tracking information, since they list 7 to 15 days shipping. They responded back in hours, and apologized and gave me tracking information and stated "We promise to give you discount in your next order." I found out shortly afterwards the parcel was delayed in Hong Kong since it caught the holiday shutdown, but that I could pick it up today (17th) if I went to the USPS annex.

October 17th
I am at the USPS annex when they open and pick up the parcel, and head home.

Parcel:
Fairly plain, most writing is in Chinese (or might as well be if it's not, looks like Chinese to me). Address is English, and the declaration is for 'Electronics'. Everything is bundled together nice and neat, with bubble wrap around the whole thing. I've ordered from China before for other things, and will say better packaging than other Chinese orders I've made. They even used a few pieces of filler to make it bundle right, which were some pages of a Chinese newspaper.

Opened it up and found:
(3) 510 Starter Kits
(1) 30mL High
(1) 30mL Medium

So, since these starter kits are to get my parents started vaping, I check batteries. All batteries are ok, and fully charged (all batteries indicated fully charged after less than a minute on charger).

I do my little lesson, teaching them the pieces, how to do a straw mod, topping off carts, etc.

First attempt at a puff for both of them, and turns out one of the atomizers is defective. I took a look, and the metal braid is pushed down through the heating element. This is an obvious manufacturing flaw. I check the remaining atties, and it was the only defect. I swapped it with one of my spares.

So, they got the 3 kits right.. almost.
One atty is bad in 3 kits.

As per liquid, they added 10mL by sending two 30mL bottles rather than a 50mL, but I ordered XVHigh and received High and Medium.

They said they'd send the empty carts after the holiday completed, and have gotten no indication of anything being sent.

Since I have yet to receive confirmation that they've shipped the remaining part of the order, I sent them a reminder that it was promised after the holiday, and let them know of the defective atty and incorrect liquid. My request to them was that they send a single atty to replace the defective one along with the carts, and that I'd be happy and ignore the gravely erroneous eliquid.

So my review is going to finalize one of two ways, and it all depends on how they handle the request for a replacement atty. The reason is, their warranty replacement requires you sending back the defective component with all other pieces of its package as well. This would me sending back a whole 510 kit, to receive a new one, and would have to wait for them to get it, check it, then mail a new one.. a month long process that would cost me about $12 out of pocket.

So...

If they fail to send the remaining part of the order, then I'd say avoid at all costs. This hasn't happened yet, and they seem friendly and helpful so I doubt this will be the case.

If they send my remaining part of the order (the empty carts) and toss in an atty, even with eliquid error, due to the price, I'd say it was a good deal. I can understand the delay, since it was not due to them at all. The eliquid is far cheaper than other's, I got it to try just to see what it tastes like, and to have a bit of spare laying around.

If they refuse to send an atty without sending back the defect, but do send the remaining part of the order, then I'll say its not quite worth it. Great price, but the hassle of their return policy would outweigh the price savings and incorrect eliquid.

..testing eliquid..

Ok, my eliquid test is complete, using my handy dandy nicotine test kit..

The High is a hair over 20mg/mL, the Medium is a hair under 18mg/mL. They are rated 18mg and 14mg respectively on their website.

As per flavor and vapor, of the many tobacco flavors I've tried, this is the first one I say tastes like tobacco. The label is 'Tabak' on both of them.

Not bad vapor production either, didn't vape very well tailpiping, but kicked right up nicely using a cart.

So yeah, that's the review. I'll post back once they respond to my request for a replacement atty.

(Reposting my review from The Association of Personal Vaporers Message Board)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread