Status
Not open for further replies.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Here you go. These are the big dogs. These are what most experienced drippers end up using as they are above and beyond anything else even close.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-reviews/280261-ava-made-usa-49-95-atomizers.html

Actually, that's neither what most drippers use nor is it what is being referred to here. I'd say right now, the old standby for drippers is the 306 with the io6 and HH357 gaining on it. There are a few people out there using the AVAs but, I'd say not near as many as are using other devices.

I'm not saying it's a bad device. I've been considering one myself. However, as I understand it, this one uses a solid porous piece of ceramic. It's not a wick in the usual sense. For me that's interesting and it could be very durable. It's pricey but, it might be worth it if it has a really long life.

As for what the OP is talking about. Inside an atomizer there is a wick that the coil is wrapped around. It serves to supply juice to the coil as the atomizer is firing. It's not a radiator as in a heater. Most commercial atomizers use fiberglass string for the wick material. Where the debate comes in is when you bring rebuildable atomizers into the mix. There you have your choice of wicking material. The main options being debated are fiberglass, silica, stainless steel mesh and ceramic. In this case, the fiberglass, silica, and ceramic are in the form of rope or string.

Last edited:

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
Actually, that's neither what most drippers use nor is it what is being referred to here. I'd say right now, the old standby for drippers is the 306 with the io6 and HH357 gaining on it. There are a few people out there using the AVAs but, I'd say not near as many as are using other devices.

I'm not saying it's a bad device. I've been considering one myself. However, as I understand it, this one uses a solid porous piece of ceramic. It's not a wick in the usual sense. For me that's interesting and it could be very durable. It's pricey but, it might be worth it if it has a really long life.

As for what the OP is talking about. Inside an atomizer there is a wick that the coil is wrapped around. It serves to supply juice to the coil as the atomizer is firing. It's not a radiator as in a heater. Most commercial atomizers use fiberglass string for the wick material. Where the debate comes in is when you bring rebuildable atomizers into the mix. There you have your choice of wicking material. The main options being debated are fiberglass, silica, stainless steel mesh and ceramic. In this case, the fiberglass, silica, and ceramic are in the form of rope or string.

I stand corrected.....

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Late reply but, I see you didn't get an answer. The reason is your question is a little general and difficult to address without writing a book. ALL PVs use juice. The difference is in how they are powered and how they deliver juice to the coil. However, juice is never the only consumable involved. The heating portion needs to be replaced on occasion too. The closest thing to what you are using now would be a blank carto you fill with your own juice and keep refilling till it dies. That's pretty much what you doing.

There are lots of ways to get more time between refills but, it's the same basic principal.

Dripping isn't refilling a carto BTW. Dripping is done with a straight atomizer that has no filler. You drip a few drops straight on the coil. That's good for a few hits then you drip a few more drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread