Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunder Mifflin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
California
What do you all think? I think I will take a chance for the price.
1431305584549-P-2621236.jpg

Chalice III Style Rebuildable RDA E-Cigarette Atomizer-10.72 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

Dunder Mifflin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
California
So far I just placed my order. It is a pre order. They say it arrives to them May 20th, and they will charge my paypal 2 to 3 days before it ships. The pictures and description are the same as the real Chalice 3. It will be interesting to see what they come up with. I hate to see this cloned, or any other knock offs. Nothing is sacred anymore. I would love a real Chalice 3, but at $160, well, what can I say?

Reactions: puffon

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
mmmmm not for me!

Although the chalice 3 is nice it is just too expensive.
The clone is likely to be poor quality, and therefore too expensive no matter what they charge for it.

I don't play with pre orders with either clones or authentic. My advice wait three months before buying, that way all the niggles will have been worked out of any product. Real people will have bought and paid for them and will give a true reflection of any problems. Any product that is any good will still be there in a few weeks time. Lots of innovative groundbreaking items turn out to be crap. Anything that has lasted over three months with good independent reviews is likely to be available at a reduced cost via the classifieds, you can get a better quality item for your money.

There are loads of good small chamber atomizers out there already RM2, Cyclone, Hornet all decent stuff that has been tried and tested.

The authentic chalice 3 has had good reviews so far but I doubt it is worth 3 or 4 times the cost of the other stuff available.
The clones are as yet untested, some may be OK but I am not holding my breath! Quality control costs time and money if the goal is to make a quick profit they won't bother.

If the producers of authentic devices keep overcharging for the items they produce they offer the clone guys a way in to make a quick buck. Its difficult to feel to sorry for them if they are not offering value for money. On the other hand if the cloned stuff is just crap they are also ripping consumers off no matter how little they charge. Until we as consumers stop believing the hype we will continue to be ripped off by both ends of the market.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
mmmmm not for me!

Although the chalice 3 is nice it is just too expensive.
The clone is likely to be poor quality, and therefore too expensive no matter what they charge for it.

The clones are as yet untested, some may be OK but I am not holding my breath! Quality control costs time and money if the goal is to make a quick profit they won't bother.

If the producers of authentic devices keep overcharging for the items they produce they offer the clone guys a way in to make a quick buck. Its difficult to feel to sorry for them if they are not offering value for money. On the other hand if the cloned stuff is just crap they are also ripping consumers off no matter how little they charge. Until we as consumers stop believing the hype we will continue to be ripped off by both ends of the market.

Why would you say the clones are "likely to be poor quality"?
That isn't the case with 99% of the clones available.
In fact, many outperform the originals at a tenth of the price.

I don't do preorders either, and yes, new designs usually aren't cloned perfectly the first time, however this is a dripper.
Nothing new or groundbreaking here.

Chinese have been making drippers for years and there is nothing that suggests this RDA Will be cloned poorly.

$10 is worth taking a chance.
$160 is straight up robbery.

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
Agreed $160 is straight up robbery
$10 is also robbery if its a pile of junk.

Because of the design of the chalice it will require accurate machining and matching up of the deck and cap otherwise the air hole will not be in the correct position, relative to the coil position. Its more difficult to achieve this with a screw on caps, as you can't just rotate the cap to the correct position as you would with a push on cap. The AFC ring will also need accurate machining to make sure that it functions properly and allows proper air control. Despite the lower labour costs and the willingness to take a smaller profit I seriously doubt a $10 clone, especially on the first production run will make the grade.

I am not against clones if they offer value for money. Given a couple of production runs the better clone companies make a good job and offer good value. Like I say wait three months look at the reviews, make a decision based on what something is rather than what it might be. I may be wrong this clone may be up to scratch and offer good value, worse case scenario I will be three months behind the cutting edge...

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Agreed $160 is straight up robbery
$10 is also robbery if its a pile of junk.

Because of the design of the chalice it will require accurate machining and matching up of the deck and cap otherwise the air hole will not be in the correct position, relative to the coil position. Its more difficult to achieve this with a screw on caps, as you can't just rotate the cap to the correct position as you would with a push on cap. The AFC ring will also need accurate machining to make sure that it functions properly and allows proper air control. Despite the lower labour costs and the willingness to take a smaller profit I seriously doubt a $10 clone, especially on the first production run will make the grade.

I am not against clones if they offer value for money. Given a couple of production runs the better clone companies make a good job and offer good value. Like I say wait three months look at the reviews, make a decision based on what something is rather than what it might be. I may be wrong this clone may be up to scratch and offer good value, worse case scenario I will be three months behind the cutting edge...

3 months?
No need.
15 days after it ships, the folks in the FT forums will have posted a full dissection with breakdown pics and all issues will be ravenously addressed.
You won't be behind the curve at all.
All Logic suggests it will be another quality clone.
China makes awesome RDA clones.

Reactions: havoc1967

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
Great news guys and gals the first batch of awesome RDA clones have landed! The makers improved the poor design by making sure that the coil will not line up with the air hole. They have also made sure to leave some nice tasty machine oil to further improve the quality of your vape. Further improvements may include coil posts made of cheese and positive pin insulation that breaks down after limited use..................

Reactions: kevin666

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Great news guys and gals the first batch of awesome RDA clones have landed! The makers improved the poor design by making sure that the coil will not line up with the air hole. They have also made sure to leave some nice tasty machine oil to further improve the quality of your vape. Further improvements may include coil posts made of cheese and positive pin insulation that breaks down after limited use..................

And two posts later, the airflow problem has a very simple fix: push out the chamber and re align.

Looks like it's another winner at 1/10th the cost of an authentic.

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
OK. I have just reread the thread and I come across as anti clone, I should have thought about what I was posting on a public forum before I posted. If I have upset anyone I am sorry.

Most of the cloned items offer good value and after a couple of runs the quality is OK.

I have some experience of the results of a badly manufactured mod, the end result was a venting battery, its something I am keen not to experience again any time soon.

I am happy to wait a while for consistent good reviews before I buy anything be it authentic or cloned.

Bad Ninja and everyone else I wish you good luck with anything you decide to buy.

Reactions: KYBLUE

Dunder Mifflin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
California
I made my purchase on May 13th and they charged my card on May 19th. I just received a reply to my "Where is it? " inquiry on May 26th. Here is their answer.

Thank you very much for your recent message.

Unfortunately, this order is not ready yet. The item your ordered is a hot sale and there have been significant supply issues with the manufacturer. It is out of stock now.

And this item will come back to our warehouse in 1-2 weeks. Would you please wait or change to other items?

We wish to take this opportunity to apologize to you for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you so much for your kind understanding and patience.

Best Regards
Caden

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
Mine arrived and seems to be working fine (so far). Had to realign the air hole and clean the gunk out while apart. Positive post is not sturdy but works, machining looks good, pretty to look at, vapes like a small chamber atty, air flow adjustment works smooth. Very pretty to look at. Layzee Vapor may have nailed it in his first post...

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
I received mine from GearBest after over a month. Totally not worth the wait. Rarely do I encounter an atty that has no flavor, but this one has accomplished that feat. My airhole lines up between the posts on the short side, I built my 0.7 ohm coil in the middle of the deck, but it has absolutely no flavor. This one I can't figure out. Is this the reason folks were dumping the original even before the clone came out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread