Status
Not open for further replies.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hi everyone. I am looking to buy my first setup and I think I am going to get an Ego and a vivi nova or kanger. Still learning what they are and what would work best for me, a heavy 1.5 to 2 pad smoker.

Everyone says to have a variety of flavors on hand. I get that. But how to you change flavors and how do you keep from having the remains of one flavor interfering with the new one? What about the wick? Do I have to buy a whole bunch of tanks or cartos or atomizers or whatever they are for each different flavor? What is easiest to clean?

I appreciate your help. This will also help me decide what delivery system to purchase.

Str8_Aim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
.... Rapids,MN
I love my Pro Tanks! You can just run them under warm water, dry all parts and dab the wicks with a towel, refill and start another juice. It might take a few pulls to get the new flavor going but it is(for me at least) a better way than having to change out carto's or waiting for huge wicks to dry. With Pro Tanks you get an extra head with it that you can just switch out after changing juices also. I am now only using them(5 total for now) with all my devices. There are other tanks and devices you can get, and I have used a lot, but to me these were the easiest to change with. IMO.

Hope you find what you are looking for and find what works best for you like I did. :toast:

Jamieb3101

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by Caridwen

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
I love my Pro Tanks! You can just run them under warm water, dry all parts and dab the wicks with a towel, refill and start another juice. It might take a few pulls to get the new flavor going but it is(for me at least) a better way than having to change out carto's or waiting for huge wicks to dry. With Pro Tanks you get an extra head with it that you can just switch out after changing juices also. I am now only using them(5 total for now) with all my devices. There are other tanks and devices you can get, and I have used a lot, but to me these were the easiest to change with. IMO.

Hope you find what you are looking for and find what works best for you like I did. :toast:

Evods are the same principle as this too.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I did a picture dictionary of the more common juice delivery devices here, which gives a description, pictures of the devices, and a video demo of how they are filled with juice. Once you find a device you are interested in, you can search for more specific demo videos on You Tube.

E-Cigarette Forum - Baditude - Blogs

The most convenient way to change flavors is to have individual flavors using multiple juice delivery devices. You are going to need a few in your setup anyway, as these are pretty much semi-disposable devices and can only be expected to by used for 1 - 4 weeks before they need to be replaced. Some of the "clearo" devices are "rebuildable", which means the inner working part of the tank (the atomizer heads) which wears out can be removed and replaced with a new unit. These replaceable units are generally offered for sale as an accessory where you purchase the original tank.

I use cartotanks primarily, and I have up to a dozen of them up and running at any particular time, each with their own flavor. Of course, I've accumulated all of these over a year's time. Each of the tanks's cartomizers will last me 1 - 4 weeks, and I can refill the tanks with more juice without removing the cartomizer completely from the tank.

The clearotanks are a little easier to fill. You only need to remove either the top cap (Vivi Nova) or the bottom base (Kanger ProTank) to add liquid. The clearotanks that use string wicks need to be frequently tipped to keep the wicks wet, or else you will experience dry or burnt hits.
___

To sample flavors before dedicating an entire tank to their use, a dripping atomizer or Nano clearomizer can be used to determine if you like the flavor first. Both devices are easily cleaned between flavors and can be re-used multiple times.

Last edited:

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA

Good advice. With my Protanks, I have quite a stash of heads, so I can vape a flavor all day, pop it out and into some cleaning solution, pop in a fresh one, and I'm good to go.

Or, I have moved from one flavor to a compatible flavor to another (like Cola to Cherry) without feeling the need to wash or use a fresh head.

I also keep my minty / menthol and darker juice heads (chocolate / coffee) separate, so I can do like I do above. The mint and dark juices tend to stick around in those heads no matter how much I clean them.

Honestly, the easiest route is to own a bunch of different interchangeable tanks/attys/etc. They are mostly inexpensive and this method allows you to experiment through different types/brands to find what works best for you. Not to mention, you only need to switch out the flavor you want. It's faster and and you do not need to worry about lingering tastes from previous liquids. Try buying a new tank/etc. every time you purchase a new liquid. Your collection will build up very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread