What should I search??

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRKDMike

Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Hey people, here is my problem:

I have 3 Innokin iTaste batteries. I have ordered several different e-liquids from several different vendors, and I have found only a couple of e-liquids that are decent enough to vape for a couple of days before I get sick of it. I am still pursuing that liquid that everyone seems to have, where they can keep coming back to it and enjoy it.

My question is, what atomizer, or other setup would you recommend for trying MANY new liquids in the easiest way possible.

Also, what do most of you vapers do when you find a flavor that you like? do you have one primary tank that you fill and then don't change the flavor until it is empty? or do you have many tanks with different flavors that you enjoy, and then label them accordingly? if so, how do you store them?

I need help finding a good system as right now I am dripping on an atomizer, and then I can only change e-liquid once the atomizer runs dry...

I also just ordered a Kanger Pro Tank 2 for when I find that magical juice that I feel is worthy for a tank.

Reroka

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Durham, North Carolina
I am new to vaping but when I bought my system I bought 6 juices. The store who is local for me has a deal, buy 5 get one free. The also sell online. I have this one juice I can vape allday on. Its called Summertime. Here is what it says about the taste, A nice light mixture of coconut, peach, and menthol. Tastes like unicorns riding rainbows.

CRKDMike

Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
GTA, Ontario, Canada
cheap vodka? wouldn't that leave a residue in the atomizer?

If that is the case, would it be easier to just buy a lot of cheap disposable atomizers to try flavours with? or should I buy one solid rebuildable atomizer, and wash it after every taste? What do you guys suggest, as I have zero experience cleaning and/or rebuilding atomizers, and it seems like it might be a bit tedious to be doing on a constant basis...

Maybe someone knows of a thread that already exists on this forum about this topic? I'm not sure what to search though.

onion456

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Houston, TX
well if youve got a dripper, youre there. is it an RBA or like a 510 dripping atty?

if its an RBA, one thing you could do is cut your wicks really short. 1 or 2 drops right on the coil, have a taste, and drip the next. or chase it with some unflavored if you want more purity. or dry burn it off if youre using silica.

just some ideas.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
atomizer-3.jpg DiscountVapers.com_Vision_Nano.JPG

To sample new flavors, I use both a run-of-the-mill 510 drip atomizer or a Nano clearomizer. The Nano only holds 1 ml of juice. Easy fill by removing the top. If I don't wish to finish the sample, I dump it and just add the next flavor.

I utilize several IBTanked pyrex cartotanks devoted to individual flavors in addition to a few Innokin iClear 30 clearomizers. It's not uncommon for me to switch flavors 3 - 4 times a day. I use Ikenvape 510-Fusion or Platinum carts in the IBTanked. The iClear 30's are the best clearo that I've used yet; top-dual coil and 16 wicks provide nice flavor and vapor.

IBTanked_Std_22mm_Tank.jpg iClear30.jpg

HoracePinker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Since you just ordered a protank, i would look into buying a few EVOD clearomizer atomizers.

with the evod, they share the coils with the protank, so you only have to buy one type of replacement coils.

The Evod are really easy to clean, soak them in water/vodka for a few hours, let them dry thoroughly, dry burn (youtube search), and you are good to go

Last edited:

CRKDMike

Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Onion - I believe it is a 510 dripping atty. The thing is that I can't see a coil. it is hidden underneath what looks like a "steel cloth", and I can see the wicks coming out from underneath the steel cloth, so I suppose the coil is under there somewhere...

Thanks Baditude, my current atty seems to be the problem as the interior looks different from the one you have pictured. maybe I'll grab an iClear 30 to compliment the Kanger Pro Tank as I have heard good things about both.

Last edited:

onion456

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Houston, TX
yeah sounds like a 510

heres what i have, small cheap RBA called a Squid (mini octopus). you can find them lots of places, this was just a quick google search. youll need kanthal wire to go with it (i think i use 32ga?), and wick (i use cotton, cheap but you cant dry burn), and a drip tip. coils are easy to build, last reasonably long, and its great for a quick taste.

Mini RDA Squid by SMOKtech Rebuildable Dripper 1.7ohm - BLACK [gv-SMOKtechRDASquid-BLACK] - $8.45 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

CRKDMike

Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
GTA, Ontario, Canada
I wouldn't go too crazy buying a bunch of liquids at this point. Stick with the 'good enough' for a bit. When you first start vaping your taste buds are still recovering from smoking and going a bit haywire.

Fair enough, but I have been vaping for almost a year now, and I was never a habitual smoker, only casual....Johnson creek Original smoke juice ALMOST does it for me, but it's 100% PG, and I prefer a mix of VG/PG......so frustrating as you all know...

CRKDMike

Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
GTA, Ontario, Canada
yeah sounds like a 510

heres what i have, small cheap RBA called a Squid (mini octopus). you can find them lots of places, this was just a quick google search. youll need kanthal wire to go with it (i think i use 32ga?), and wick (i use cotton, cheap but you cant dry burn), and a drip tip. coils are easy to build, last reasonably long, and its great for a quick taste.

Mini RDA Squid by SMOKtech Rebuildable Dripper 1.7ohm - BLACK [gv-SMOKtechRDASquid-BLACK] - $8.45 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Funny you should mention this Squid RBA, I almost bought it, and then cancelled because I don't know anything about rebuilding atomizers, so it is a bit daunting. Sounds like I need several materials, and a tester to make sure that I rebuild it properly. Also, then there are more variables to my vape experience because I may not rebuild it optimally, or consistently. I think disposables are maybe a better option for me right now, unless you can sway me...?

Or maybe with the Kanger Pro Tank, replacement heads can be purchased already assembled correct? That might be a great compromise between a rebuildable, and a disposable....

Last edited:

CRKDMike

Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
GTA, Ontario, Canada
I think Mad Vapes sells the little clearomizer that Bad mentioned- good way to test flavors.

Here were the last poll results:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...63-reals-time-2012-ecf-juice-year-awards.html

Thanks again. I actually have some nanos. Weird though because I find that a thick residue forms in the juice when stored for a long time in the nanos. I think it' because they are plastic...

e-juice Poll = awesome idea. Not many voters though it seems. Also, I have Bobas Bounty, and to me it's too sweet, it's such a subjective thing....and so many variables with e-juice, sucha s steeping and base choice/mixture, as well as device setup. With so many variables, it's no wonder this forum is always lit up with activity.

onion456

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Houston, TX
well, i think building the coils is quite simple... however i have 20+ years in electronics, so take that with a grain of salt. guess it depends on how handy you are. all youre doing is wrapping a tiny wire around a paperclip and some cotton yarn. 6 wraps, tightly spaced. the posts of the atomizer have tiny holes to insert the ends of the wires, and screws on top to clamp them down. clip off the excess wire. put the cover on, and measure the 510 connection with an ohmmeter. ~2ohms and youre good to go. few drops liquid. first fire away from your face. its really not difficult. i also rebuild my EVOD/Protank coils, thats pretty easy too, so buying the kanthal/cotton serves all purposes, and now i spend 9c per coil instead of $2 per coil. theres lots of youtube videos on coil rebuilding as well.

=)

CRKDMike

Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
GTA, Ontario, Canada
well, i think building the coils is quite simple... however i have 20+ years in electronics, so take that with a grain of salt. guess it depends on how handy you are. all youre doing is wrapping a tiny wire around a paperclip and some cotton yarn. 6 wraps, tightly spaced. the posts of the atomizer have tiny holes to insert the ends of the wires, and screws on top to clamp them down. clip off the excess wire. put the cover on, and measure the 510 connection with an ohmmeter. ~2ohms and youre good to go. few drops liquid. first fire away from your face. its really not difficult. i also rebuild my EVOD/Protank coils, thats pretty easy too, so buying the kanthal/cotton serves all purposes, and now i spend 9c per coil instead of $2 per coil. theres lots of youtube videos on coil rebuilding as well.

=)

Yikes. I have some electronics experience soldering wires etc., but the process you just explained is definitely not for me. I have more money than patience/time I guess :). When I want to vape, or try flavours, I can't be bothered to go through such a process.

None the less, you have been super helpful, in that I have kind of figured out what I am going to do, so thanks for that!

It seems like the best option for me to try new flavors before committing a tank to them, is going to be either the disposable atty, or an atty that allows me to replace the coil as a whole, instead of rebuilding it myself....if that even exists...LOL....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread