Changing flavours with tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've only just started using an eGo CE5 having previously just been using cartomisers, I remember reading that you shouldn't change the flavours? My tank is pretty much empty I was wondering if I could just clean the thread bits (I think that's what they're called, the dangly bits lol) and fill up with a different juice? Cos I just got some new flavours I want to try out.

I would have just gone ahead and done that anyway, it's just I thought I should double check having read you shouldn't change the flavour.

Last edited:

Blkwdw86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2013
Gladewater, TX
I generally keep a flavor to a tank. When I get a new flavor, I get a new tank to put it in. That said, I still have to change a flavor in a tank once in a while.

Remove your head from your tank, drain the tank, rinse under hot water, set aside to dry. Remove the coil from the head, rinse and dry the head. Pull the top post from the coil, remove the upper wick, rinse the wicks and coil (I use a Water Pik for this, makes the task lightning quick), blot and dry. Reassemble and put your new flavor in, just like a new tank, no crossover taste.

Once a week I'll disassemble and soak my parts in a 2:1 solution of white vinegar and water overnight. Gets it all squeaky clean, just be sure to THOROUGHLY rinse the vinegar out. Vape vinegar once, you'll never wanna do it again!

bottomofthemap

Unresolved Status
Dec 28, 2012
Miami, Fl.
I know what other posters meant when they told you to keep the same flavor in. I once had a brand new ce4 (not ce5) that I rinsed out ONCE. It never worked again. So with that said, I would attempt to do what Blkwdw86 suggests but proceed with caution. Those heads are not as sturdy as others. You may want to look into other options eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread