Changing Pre-purchased e liquid pg/vg levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some flavoured eliquid I bought that is 50/50 vg/pg and I want to increase the pg to 70. (30/70)
It is in a 120ml bottle
By my weird logic I thought I should add 24ml to get the ratio based on 50% equalling 60ml and 70% equalling 84ml of a 120ml bottle
but I know its not that easy!
I have been reading posts similar, but I am a touch confused with the calculators and varying answers in calculating how to do this.
I would like to know how much PG to add to my bottle and then how to maintain a 12mg nic level.

Thanks in advance :)

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi Tuss,
Based on the information provided, you would need to add 80ml of 100% PG 12mg/ml (flavored or not) to achieve a 70%PG-30%VG mix while maintaining 12mg/ml nicotine level.
Your final volume is 200ml of 70PG/30VG @ 12mg/ml.

ejmu.JPG

Cheers
I

Hi Tuss,
Based on the information provided, you would need to add 80ml of 100% PG 12mg/ml (flavored or not) to achieve a 70%PG-30%VG mix while maintaining 12mg/ml nicotine level.
Your final volume is 200ml of 70PG/30VG @ 12mg/ml.

View attachment 980895

Cheers
I
Hi Izan
I look at this table and wonder how all these figures are arrived at but thank goodness for me you know how to use it.! Thanks so much for helping me with this you have provided me with a solution I can apply to about 4 bottles that otherwise would have gone to waste!!
Cheers!!!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi Izan
I look at this table and wonder how all these figures are arrived at but thank goodness for me you know how to use it.! Thanks so much for helping me with this you have provided me with a solution I can apply to about 4 bottles that otherwise would have gone to waste!!
Cheers!!!
If you have any questions or need your figures double checked "just to make sure", we are happy to get you sorted.

The calculator I used is called "ejuice me up."
You can get it here : eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator
An on-line option is : DIY E-liquid | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Have fun
Be safe
I

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Hi Izan
Cheers!!!
Wondering is good. Here's how it works:

You have 120 ml of 50/50. You want an unknown amount of 70/30 (PG/VG). Since you're starting with 120 ml of half-and-half, you have 60 ml of PG and 60 ml of VG. You can't reduce the VG, so 60 ml will have to be 30% of the final volume. 60 ml is 30% of 200 ml:

60 ml / 0.3 = 200ml

You want to end up with 70% PG. 70% of 200 ml is 140 ml, but you already have 60 ml of PG in your original solution, so you need to add:

140 ml - 60 ml = 80 ml

(Another way to calculate this part is to note that you already have all the VG you want, so PG will have to make up the difference between the initial 120 ml and the final 200 ml: 200 ml - 120 ml = 80 ml.)

Regarding the nicotine concentration, to keep it from changing, you need to add PG with the same concentration. 12 mg/ml original juice + 12 mg/ml PG = 12 mg/ml final juice, regardless of amounts.

So, you need 80 ml of 12 mg/ml PG - just as @Izan's figures show.

Wondering is good. Here's how it works:

You have 120 ml of 50/50. You want an unknown amount of 70/30 (PG/VG). Since you're starting with 120 ml of half-and-half, you have 60 ml of PG and 60 ml of VG. You can't reduce the VG, so 60 ml will have to be 30% of the final volume. 60 ml is 30% of 200 ml:

60 ml / 0.3 = 200ml

You want to end up with 70% PG. 70% of 200 ml is 140 ml, but you already have 60 ml of PG in your original solution, so you need to add:

140 ml - 60 ml = 80 ml

(Another way to calculate this part is to note that you already have all the VG you want, so PG will have to make up the difference between the initial 120 ml and the final 200 ml: 200 ml - 120 ml = 80 ml.)

Regarding the nicotine concentration, to keep it from changing, you need to add PG with the same concentration. 12 mg/ml original juice + 12 mg/ml PG = 12 mg/ml final juice, regardless of amounts.

So, you need 80 ml of 12 mg/ml PG - just as @Izan's figures show.
Gee thats a great way to explain it and makes a lot of sense! the tables can be confusing so thank you for going to the trouble of explaining the thought process!!

Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread