Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I know you're gonna laugh cause I probably asked a dumb question, but,

When charging a VV battery (spinner, smoktech, ego-c twist, etc), does it matter where I've left the voltage dial on?
I'm just playing safe, don't want to overcharge it or blow anything up :D

I have both a Twist and a Spinner.

One of them said it was Best to Charge it when the Voltage is set at about 4.3 Volts. One of them said it Didn't Matter. Can't Remember which was which.

I charge them Both about with the Wheel set around 4.3 volts. This is Easy for me because that is Basically what I vape at. And I filed a Small Notch in the Wheel at 4.2 volts which Lines Up with the Fire Button.

Not Sure if Any of this Matters. Or if it does, how many people it Applies To. Because there could have been a Dozen Revisions to the Circuit Board inside my Twist or Spinner.

That, and it is Next to Impossible to know if what I am holding is even a Genuine Twist or Spinner. And not a Knock-Off.

revco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Missoula, MT
I don't see how it would matter one bit, myself, but then again...I didn't design these batteries. The dial indicator is just a fancy potentiometer that regulates the output voltage of the battery. Even if input voltage did go through the VV pot, though, your charge power is going to be in the .5 mA range, which is the maximum power input. The pot could step up the voltage back into the battery, but that would seem to me inefficient to me, since you would be losing power (the little you start with) in the voltage conversion. If I was designing it, I would maintain original voltage from the charger to create the most electrical efficiency.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I don't see how it would matter one bit, myself, but then again...I didn't design these batteries. The dial indicator is just a fancy potentiometer that regulates the output voltage of the battery. Even if input voltage did go through the VV pot, though, your charge power is going to be in the .5 mA range, which is the maximum power input. The pot could step up the voltage back into the battery, but that would seem to me inefficient to me, since you would be losing power (the little you start with) in the voltage conversion. If I was designing it, I would maintain original voltage from the charger to create the most electrical efficiency.

I'm Not an Electronics Expert.

But when I saw the Voltage that they say you should Set the Battery at I thought Maybe it has Something to do with Matching the Input Voltage of the Charger?

I Dunno?

The instructions for my spinner clone (My Start Revolver) indicated that I should set it to 4.2 Volts when charging. I have no idea why, but that's what I do because the instructions said to...

The More I think about it, I think it was my Spinner and Not my Twist that said to charge at 4.2v also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread