Charging display not reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy McCollum

Oct 10, 2018
Hey all. So i have a Skystar mod and have had no issues to speak of for a half a year .I just recently updated the firmware on it and ever since then the battery charging percentage display will not act like its charging it just stays at 40 percent even after an hour. The charging timer works on it so does the amps display .But the percentage just isn't reading. It feels like it is charging though and I removed the batteries and put them into an external charger right now for a bit to see if the percentage changes when i pop them back in. Has anyone had this problem before or know a quick fix? Should I revert back to the old firmware?

Reactions: stols001

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Are you sure you had the correct update? Some manufacturers have run different versions based on production runs. I have 3 vaporesso Revenger Xs, 2 have the the TPCBAT version and 1` has the SPCBAT version. SO when I update firmware I need 2 completely different update files. Just a thought.

I'd revert to the previous version of firmware, verify the mod display is not correct, then try to reinstall the update one more time. If the new firmware fails to produce the desired results a second time then revert back and send customer support a message.

• Useful

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi and Welcome I think you are getting good advice I don't have that mod, but sometimes stuff just happens. My first firmware upgrade I managed to brick my mod (I am going to assume it was user error honestly, such as the wrong upgrade) but I'm glad I just started over because everything went fine. If you revert back successfully to the original firmware, well, you shouldn't worry about trying again, since you'll know if you get the same error it's the upgrade, not you. At that point I might email the company for assistance and more direction.

Welcome to ECF.

Anna

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
A quick check on Aspire's site shows that there are only two firmware files for the Skystar, so you don't have to worry about multiple hardware versions.

Support / Downloads / Upgrade / SkyStar - Aspire® Official Site

I would put the 01 firmware back on and see if the charging status returns to normal. If it does you might want to try the 02 firmware again or stay with 01.

Also have you tried a different pair of batteries?

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey all. So i have a Skystar mod and have had no issues to speak of for a half a year .I just recently updated the firmware on it and ever since then the battery charging percentage display will not act like its charging it just stays at 40 percent even after an hour. The charging timer works on it so does the amps display .But the percentage just isn't reading. It feels like it is charging though and I removed the batteries and put them into an external charger right now for a bit to see if the percentage changes when i pop them back in. Has anyone had this problem before or know a quick fix? Should I revert back to the old firmware?
Welcome and glad you joined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread