Cheap Vape Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knifeeyz

Jul 29, 2020
So, I recently came across this cheap vape mod in aliexpress and thought i'd give it a try to see if i would enjoy vaping,and later on upgrade to a better one.
This mod is a 2200mah,3.0ml tank ,Wattages are 40-80-100w and i can only cycle through them. The coils that it comes with are 0.5ohm,does that mean i will only be able to vape at 40watts?
I plan on ordering 0.2 ohm for the same device of course,but for the time being will i need to only vape at 40w?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33042723254.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.4fa63c000wsdS9&mp=1
This is the device

UNIVAPO_KEVIN

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 17, 2020
www.univapo.com
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: supplier associate posting in unauthorized area

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I kind of always say... There's cheap, and then there is Aliexpress.

My kid had this peculiar habit of ordering from there and EXPECTING it to have some kind of defect, and then negotiating a discount from the seller on threat of selling it back.

I'd be like, "But... You didn't get what you wanted."
"Well it was really cheap.... It sort of works.... I mean, it's not great but it's usable."

(Not out loud-- Child you are insane.) Doubtfully: "Okay."

I think he's over it now.

Anna

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
So, I recently came across this cheap vape mod in aliexpress and thought i'd give it a try to see if i would enjoy vaping,and later on upgrade to a better one.
This mod is a 2200mah,3.0ml tank ,Wattages are 40-80-100w and i can only cycle through them. The coils that it comes with are 0.5ohm,does that mean i will only be able to vape at 40watts?
I plan on ordering 0.2 ohm for the same device of course,but for the time being will i need to only vape at 40w?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33042723254.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.4fa63c000wsdS9&mp=1
This is the device
Never had an Ekifee 100w but having tried different drop in coils: I doubt the coils for it are going to give you a nice experience.

If the coil that comes for it is 0.5ohm and they tell you to use it at 40W then I think you are stuck with 40W, if you try it at 80W you will probably burn it.

Looking at my own journey- buy something nice the first time. If you buy junk it will most likely die on you fast, you won't experience nice flavor (many cheap e cigarettes use coils that simply don't deliver), or you will struggle with leaking, coils with low life span, failing buttons, or low battery life due to low quality battery inside your mod.
You might also decide that the device just doesn't work for you and buy a new one, with the bad one becoming unused- money wasted.

Worst case scenario- you might decide vaping isn't for you because of bad experience with your first device.

There are currently many sales online, loads of quality stuff at reasonable prices. If you specify a bit more about the type of device you are looking for (was 40-100W vaping a choice that you made or was it simply because of the price of Ekifee?) I'm sure folks here, including myself, will be happy to help

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Well,I'm currently limited to ordering under 20$ because of customs. I did a bit of searching and came accross Vaptio p1 50w Kit,saw some reviews on it,looks pretty good and from a known brand.
it was 16 dollars so I think I'll be going with that

Good luck and keep us posted. I'm not familiar with those devices so I can't be of much help.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread