cheapo china hybrid that works

Status
Not open for further replies.

04stinugget

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
San Deigo
ok guys, local shop run by a friend of mine picked up some cheapo china hybrids today after we talked about the lack of a sub 200$ hybrid market other than NGP that are made in a quantity that doesn't limit availability. so after some poking around on the old google machine we found these. Intelligent 2013 New Arrival Fantasy & Grace I- Hybrid Mod V2 Caravela Device Cobra - Buy Hybrid Mod,Stainless Steel Mod,Hybird Mod Product on Alibaba.com

Figured why not give em a whirl. set up about 5 of them today when they got in and I have to say I am honestly impressed. For a cheapo china made hybrid I am surprised at the level of quality and the simplicity of the design. It's almost so simple it's brilliant. So here you go for those of you who are looking for a sub arm and a leg hybrid this is a fairly good option. no leaks, no hot switch or tube. good flavor and throat hit and a very easy to set up piece for a non insulated wick hole. The shop that is carrying them is in San Diego for anyone who is interested and is called vape aura. Don't know if his website is setup yet but his facebook works. I am in no way affiliated in owning or running the shop and I did pay him for the mod so I shouldn't be breaking any rules putting this here but mods if I am feel free to let me know.

and here are the pics.

So the tank and tube are all one piece with no 510 connection so it is a true hybrid. The entire positive post, tank and top cap of the tank can be removed. I will take more pics when I take it apart to clean and rewrap before my next new tank so you can all get a better feel of the design of it. The tank is real glass no poly which means tank cracking juices will not be an issue for those of you who like them. the finish so far is pretty durable and I can't seem to scratch it off with my finger nails and so far my pocket of my jeans hasn't damaged it even after having it in there for about 100 miles worth of riding the gsxr with it in there. the switch design is if I do say so myself damn brilliant. no more messing with accidentally overtightened lock rings or slippery ones that you can't seem to grab. All in all there is a market for this and I know some of you are in it so if you have any questions or would like to pick one up feel free to pm me and I can point you in the right direction. :D

PinoyBoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
WA State, USA
So... $5-10 per piece? I don't know what "FOB price" means.
10 Set minimum order.
It comes with 2 18650 (or 18350) -- It says so on the Packaging Detail
Under main advantages, the link says 510/ego threadings
Under specs, the link says powered by AW IMR18650 or 18350 -- So I'm guessing it comes with AW IMR's?

Somewhat confused. Then again, I don't know how to use alibaba.

04stinugget

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
San Deigo
Ya china doesn't speak great English lol. The piece in the pics does not have 510 threds. the tube and bottom cap of the ato portion are one piece. If you would like I can talk to me buddy at the shop and find out exactly which supplier he dealt with over there so you can all get some better info. Like I said I am not an owner nor do I help run the shop so all of the info from me is third hand to you. He has a facebook page the shop is called vape aura he might be able to give you a better idea. I just thought I would go ahead and let you guys all know that the cheap china hybrids that we have all been waiting for are here and they do work.

Sero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2009
Spa City, AR
Looks good. I do have some questions though. Can you elaborate on the switch? does it have a locking ring? If so how does it work? Also is the atty made of the chrome plated brass crap they used on other versions of these or is it all SS? Does the one you have use an 18350 or 18650? Brass center pin/contacts?

04stinugget

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
San Deigo
the inside portion of the switch moves as an assembly when you unscrew the outer portion. meaning that when you screw it in it pull the inner and out portion together and stops movement but when you screw out the bottom portion it will allow movement. so that when you push the button in you just overcome the spring and delrin ring making contact with the battery. will post a couple more pics in the minute. the contacts are ss and the tube body is aluminum. the tank is real glass which is why I put the oring around it. just in case I drop it on the coffee table or something small on accident I don't have to worry about small impacts cracking it. the thickness isn't super thin or anything I just do it will all my glass tanks. I am not sure on his asking price for regular customers as I always receive the buddy discount since we're buds. I don't want to missquote any prices for anyone or cause any drama I'm sure you can all understand that. As far as I know right now he only has 350 tubes but he did say he was thinking about ordering larger ones. The overall size of this in 350 mode is the exact same length as my silverdog in 490 mode but remember the silverdog is actually the smallest hybrid out there in 350 mode it is shorter even than the orion.

in the second pic I am pushing the switch up. notice the length change above the blue portion. that is the operation of the switch. it screws into itself to lock and unscrews from itself to unlock. it is super simple and I like it more than any other switch I have on any of me devices simply because I always seem to be fumbling with those damn lock switches.

Vape Aura - Kearny Mesa - San Diego, CA

this is the link with the shops info for anyone local who wants to check them out.

Sero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2009
Spa City, AR
They seemed to have made a lot of improvements to it. The first versions were total crap. I really hope the atty is all SS this time because that chrome plated brass was really bad. The threading was also really bad on the first versions. It is still pretty long for an 18350 mod, probably because of that spring. If it could somehow be modified for an 18490 and had brass or plated contacts, this would really be a contender at around $50.

First off these are 150$. I called the shop and the dude clearly had no idea what it was that he was actually selling.

When asked what material the battery contact were made of he replied after a few ugh, uhh, err derp "aluminum uni-body".

OK I know the whole thing is made of aluminum but I hope the contacts aren't, "OK hold on let me open it up"

then replied "yeah dude it's definitely metal"

Just wow, dude couldn't even tell me. I ended the phone call there. For a 150$ all you get is a ....ty aluminum mod with mystery metal contacts. If this thing was 70$ I'd pick it up in heart beat just to tinker with it but there's no chance in hell this thing is worth 150$

Anyone interested in this please go spend your hard earned money on a legit hand made mod, one with all SS body, and brass contacts for good conductivity.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Last edited:

Sero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2009
Spa City, AR
there is a version of this mod thats non-hybrid style. just your typical 510 connection. its being sold as the caravela clone. vaportekusa has em. i got one. its a stylish mod for sure. threads do needed noalox tho. im running an AW 18490 + sigelei kick. works great.
post # 297 is a photo of mine.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/apv-discussion/412413-caravela-clone-30.html

This is apparently an updated version of that mod with no 510 connection and other improvements. There is no way it is worth much more than $50 resale let alone $150. But like I said before, if it can be modded to take an 18490 and doesn't have that chrome plated brass in the atty tank like the previous versions did, it would be well worth it. If the threading is better and not anodized, and you plate the contacts, you would probably get top of the line performance out of it.

04stinugget

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
San Deigo
there are 2 guys that run the place if you got one that sounded pretty derpy than it was not Alex lol the other guy is a super nice guy but not to bright at all. The threading on the one in the pics is actually very smooth and I haven't had any issue with it at all. it is fine threading and is very smooth. I know that Alex had said he was planning on ordering larger tubes for it so I think eventually he will have larger tubes. The ato portion on mine is to heavy to be brass so I do think it is ss up top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread