Checking in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louk

Mar 13, 2013
BE
I've been reading quite a lot here for the past few months.
Thought it was about time to say hello as well.

Been vaping since february and I love it.
I admit I still smoke but no where near the number of cigarettes I used to, now about 3 a day, coming from 25-30.
Currently this 3 is the number of cigarettes I need to keep it under control.
I am sure I will be able to do without soon.

See ya around.

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
Welcome Louk! I did basically the same as you when I started; used an ecig to cut down on my smoking until I was ready to give them up for good. You'll get there and you'll be healthier and wealthier for doing it ... well, the later maybe not so much if you start collecting vaping gear. :)

MzBadger

Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
SE Wisconsin, USA
Congrats Louk and welcome! I ended up smoke free exactly the way you're going now. I started vaping to cut back on smoking and save some cash while I was at it. Before I knew it, I was down to 3 or 4 a day without really even thinking about it. It wasn't long after that that I realized those few smokes a day was more a psychological need, or a habitual one, than an actual physical desire. Once I understood that and accepted it, it was pretty easy to let them go. I "slipped" from time to time but just got right back to vaping afterwards.

Take your time, get there when you get there and yeah, just like DancingHeretik said, it's all about the one's you don't smoke!

Louk

Mar 13, 2013
BE
Doing my best! Thx.

Oh and yes I realize it is all in the head. Which is exactly why I hate the fact I cannot ignore it yet and keep lighting those few smokes.
But I'll get there and it is a great community here, I feel very welcome.

Will I ever stop vaping, I have no idea but I probably will try to quit nicotine. No deadline there, have a few years to go yet.. :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread