The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Volunteer to help with beta testing!

We’re working on getting the site updates ready, but we’ll need your help to check the changes, make sure everything makes sense to you, and report any issues you see. If you'd like to volunteer to help with beta testing, click the link below. The first 20 people to respond to this thread will be added to the team!

View thread
    Dismiss Notice

Checking in

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Louk, May 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Louk

Louk Full Member

Mar 13, 2013
    BE
    I've been reading quite a lot here for the past few months.
    Thought it was about time to say hello as well.

Been vaping since february and I love it.
    I admit I still smoke but no where near the number of cigarettes I used to, now about 3 a day, coming from 25-30.
    Currently this 3 is the number of cigarettes I need to keep it under control.
    I am sure I will be able to do without soon.

See ya around.

2. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Hi Louk, and welcome to ECF.

Congrats on making a good life style change. As you explore more of the vaping world, you're likely going to find it easier and easier to stay off of cigs.

3. AngelsBreath

AngelsBreath Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2013
    Alabama, United States
    Welcome to the ECF, you will be saying "I'm cig free" before you know it! Congrats!

4. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Dancing in the Chaos Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Welcome to ECF, Louk!

3 a day? That's nothing! Take your time. You likely will eventually simply not want even that 3. But, even if you do, you're still avoiding 22-27 cigs a day!

5. elscorcho

elscorcho Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 29, 2013
    Treasure Coast, FL
    Welcome & good luck kicking the cigs!
    Looking forward to the "I'm smoke-free" thread!

6. NGAHaze

NGAHaze Infinity Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 13, 2010
    Georgia
    Welcome Louk! I did basically the same as you when I started; used an ecig to cut down on my smoking until I was ready to give them up for good. You'll get there and you'll be healthier and wealthier for doing it ... well, the later maybe not so much if you start collecting vaping gear. :)

7. TLS01

TLS01 Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    MN
    Welcome, it's easier to make the transition than you think.

8. Louk

Louk Full Member

Mar 13, 2013
    BE
    Thanks guys. That really encourages me.
    Can't wait to start collecting some nice PVs but oh dear, the money's rather tight atm.

9. WickedSick

WickedSick Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2011
    USA
    Welcome to the forum and congrats :)

10. Louk

Louk Full Member

Mar 13, 2013
    BE
    Thank you very much! :)

11. elbertdelacruz

elbertdelacruz Full Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Singapore
    hi Welcome to ECF and congrats on the decision to cut down smoking. Vaping is only an alternative to smoking but can be addicting as well. In the future hope you can stay out of smoking or vaping in particular. This hobby of vaping costs pretty much too. Anyway vape on!

12. Ghelli

Ghelli Full Member

Nov 21, 2012
    United States
    Welcome ! I cant wait for you to say "Analog/ Stinkie free"soon :)

13. MzBadger

MzBadger Full Member Verified Member

Nov 26, 2012
    SE Wisconsin, USA
    Congrats Louk and welcome! I ended up smoke free exactly the way you're going now. I started vaping to cut back on smoking and save some cash while I was at it. Before I knew it, I was down to 3 or 4 a day without really even thinking about it. It wasn't long after that that I realized those few smokes a day was more a psychological need, or a habitual one, than an actual physical desire. Once I understood that and accepted it, it was pretty easy to let them go. I "slipped" from time to time but just got right back to vaping afterwards.

Take your time, get there when you get there and yeah, just like DancingHeretik said, it's all about the one's you don't smoke!

14. Louk

Louk Full Member

Mar 13, 2013
    BE
    Doing my best! Thx.

Oh and yes I realize it is all in the head. Which is exactly why I hate the fact I cannot ignore it yet and keep lighting those few smokes.
    But I'll get there and it is a great community here, I feel very welcome.

Will I ever stop vaping, I have no idea but I probably will try to quit nicotine. No deadline there, have a few years to go yet.. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.