jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Hello Guys,

I apologize if this has been asked before. I tried doing a search but could not find what I was looking for...

I just received a Chi You clone that I ordered on Ebay. it looks great, except for the fact that I am having difficulty running my Kick 2 in it. It appears that the ID (inner diameter) of the top main tube is too wide in comparison to the OD (outer diam.) of the Kick2.....In other words, the 2 spring-loaded contacts of the Kick2 do not make good contact with the inner walls of the top tube of the Chi You, so it will intermittently fire.....

What's crazy is that the 2 lower extension tubes' ID's are perfect for the Kick, but I cannot put the Kick below the battery because the switch will not work....So I am stuck putting it up top....

I thought about making some sort of 'shim' to put behind the Kick to snug it up inside the top tube of the Chi You....is this common pracitce? Or did I get a fluky clone? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks again!!

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
Well, I just took a folded up piece of paper & shoved it in behind the kick....seemed to do the trick....I was just wondering if this is commonly done? Are all of the ID's of the main tubes too wide for a kick 2?

I think the usual problem is the tube diameter is too small and the kick gets stuck. I wish there was a list of mods that would show what mods will take a kick and still use a 18650 battery

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
I think the usual problem is the tube diameter is too small and the kick gets stuck. I wish there was a list of mods that would show what mods will take a kick and still use a 18650 battery

Interesting....maybe there's some variation from clone to clone? Not sure....but I think I 'fixed' it!! :)

Yep pretty sure its the same on all the Chi clones (same issue on mine), maybe even the real one, who knows.

You basically found the easiest option, other have mentioned adding some plastic shrink wrap around the whole unit, then cut-out around the contacts.

Gotcha, thanks for the info! Looks like I'm not the only one!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread