magneto or chi you clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hipstertacos

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Help me pick my first mech mod! Gonna pull the trigger on something tonight, and I'm thinking either the Chi You clone (like the aka vapers one) or a no logo Magneto (maybe from triangle vape?). Or possibly something else? I'm partial to a clean look with plain stainless steel tubes, a bottom button and a flat top, and 22mm would be a plus.

RawnGermy

Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
I'm in your head
Just saw this post
Originally posted by tearose 50 in http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/fasttech/455658-holy-mods-5-new-mech-mods-fasttech-more.html
I thought this worth passing on:

"4:13pm Aug 14

CHI YOU CLONE SAFETY WARNING

Hello. Some of you know that I run a site called FatDaddyVapes.com. ..... I will not be carrying any of the new Chi You clones. All the Chi Yous clones on the market right now are made by one manufacturer. This includes the ones that fasttech sells. I know the manufacturers and am actually friends with them. I tried stopping them but they said that there is already a lot of orders committed.

There are 3 flaws that could be disastrous.

1 – The adjustment screws pins on top are short. This was designed using protected batteries. If you are using unprotected batteries like most mechanical mod users, the pin will get loose when you try to make it fit. It might work but once unattended, or if placed on a vehicle with vibrations, could get lose, cut the battery insulation, and cause a short leading to a leak – or worse, an explosion. THIS COULD HAPPEN EVEN WITHOUT AN ATOMIZER AND THE SAFETY ON!!!

2 – The bottom cover/switch assembly wobbles. This WOULD (as opposed to “could”) also cause an accidental misfire. Again, fire, injury, or property damage risks as a result of leaking or explosion. This could happen only if an atomizer is attached. EVEN WITH THE SAFETY ON, IT WOULD STILL FIRE BECAUSE THE CONTACT ROD INSIDE IS ALSO TILTED!!!

3 – THE WORSE. The bottom cover does not have any insulation. If you use those gray Panasonic batteries, IT WILL FIRE AS SOON AS YOU GET THE CAP ON IF YOU HAVE AN ATOMIZER ON!!! The gray Panasonics do not have the extra insulation at the bottom. (The bottom is exposed.) Even other brands are susceptible to this is you microcoil or sub-ohm because the battery shrink tube shrinks when heated.

I found a fix for it. Unfortunately, I still need it manufactured – IN CHINA! Unless one of you guys can make me custom brass bolts or has access to specialized small machinery hardware. Message me if you could help me expedite this process.

If you already have one of these Chi Yous, make sure that you use protected batteries. Also, go to Home depot and buy O-rings to be placed on the inside perimeter of the bottom cover. After all your adjustments are done, LOCTITE (Blue) that damn switch so it won’t get loose!!!

VAPE SAFE!!!"

Last edited:

Lando80

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2013
Louisville KY
Just saw this post
Originally posted by tearose 50 in http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/fasttech/455658-holy-mods-5-new-mech-mods-fasttech-more.html

Hello. Some of you know that I run a site called FatDaddyVapes.com. ..... I will not be carrying any of the new Chi You clones. All the Chi Yous clones on the market right now are made by one manufacturer. This includes the ones that Fasttech sells. I know the manufacturers and am actually friends with them. I tried stopping them but they said that there is already a lot of orders committed.

1 – The adjustment screws pins on top are short. This was designed using protected batteries. If you are using unprotected batteries like most mechanical mod users, the pin will get loose when you try to make it fit. It might work but once unattended, or if placed on a vehicle with vibrations, could get lose, cut the battery insulation, and cause a short leading to a leak – or worse, an explosion. THIS COULD HAPPEN EVEN WITHOUT AN ATOMIZER AND THE SAFETY ON!!!

2 – The bottom cover/switch assembly wobbles. This WOULD (as opposed to “could”) also cause an accidental misfire. Again, fire, injury, or property damage risks as a result of leaking or explosion. This could happen only if an atomizer is attached. EVEN WITH THE SAFETY ON, IT WOULD STILL FIRE BECAUSE THE CONTACT ROD INSIDE IS ALSO TILTED!!!

3 – THE WORSE. The bottom cover does not have any insulation. If you use those gray Panasonic batteries, IT WILL FIRE AS SOON AS YOU GET THE CAP ON IF YOU HAVE AN ATOMIZER ON!!! The gray Panasonics do not have the extra insulation at the bottom. (The bottom is exposed.) Even other brands are susceptible to this is you microcoil or sub-ohm because the battery shrink tube shrinks when heated.

I found a fix for it. Unfortunately, I still need it manufactured – IN CHINA! Unless one of you guys can make me custom brass bolts or has access to specialized small machinery hardware. Message me if you could help me expedite this process.

If you already have one of these Chi Yous, make sure that you use protected batteries. Also, go to Home depot and buy O-rings to be placed on the inside perimeter of the bottom cover. After all your adjustments are done, LOCTITE (Blue) that damn switch so it won’t get loose!!!

VAPE SAFE!!!"

Thank you! Good to know and just saved me thirty bucks. I looked at the pics after your post and totally see the problem in the bottom cap/firing mechanism. That ish is gonna fire as soon as you drop a battery in it and tighten it down. Should be an easy fix with a hefty o-ring but if they are skimping on that detail, then god knows what else will be off. Im gonna stick with the GV clones. I have the m16 in hand and aside from the soft aluminum 510 connection it is perfect

Hipstertacos

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Wow, ain't that a ...... I guess the Chi You clone won't make a great first mech. But thank you kindly for the heads up!

Just saw this post

Hello. Some of you know that I run a site called FatDaddyVapes.com. ..... I will not be carrying any of the new Chi You clones. All the Chi Yous clones on the market right now are made by one manufacturer. This includes the ones that Fasttech sells. I know the manufacturers and am actually friends with them. I tried stopping them but they said that there is already a lot of orders committed.

VAPE SAFE!!!"

Bosco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio
I don't have the chi you but I do have a magneto. Can't really say enough good things about the magneto. I have not been a fan of Smoktech products in the past but this mod is really well made and very nice looking.

I've mostly been using a Protank or IGO-L on it . .both look really great on this mod. I am addicted to the heft and balance it has with a protank on it. The magneto in 18500 mode with a rebuilt protank is the perfect combination for me. Fits in my pocket, feels great in my hand, doesn't leak and vapes like a beast!

The magneto is slightly longer than most mods because of the magnetic switch at the bottom. It adds an extra 3/4 inch or so of length. It feels awkward to me in 18650 mode - so that may be a factor.

Quixote

Apr 10, 2013
Baltimore. MD
RawnGermy,

Thanks for the post man!
You actually pointed out my own stupidity for not even -trying- the protected batteries I have XD. The Chi You Clone -seems- like it could be a nice mech but after fiddling with it for hours and ending up getting frustrated I gave up and re-packaged it.

As my first -true- mech (I have a non-firing SB :() I thought that I would give one a try. Unfortunately the B&M didn't have any Magneto's in stock and they highly recommended the Chi You Clone. Fiddled with it in the store for a minute seemed good enough at the time (save for the annoying as hell to toggle locking ring).

Your suggestions are probably going to save me a trip back to the shop :D

I did also notice that the only -REAL- position for the so-called "kick-ring" is at the bottom of the mod. Which... well is pretty useless considering the kick needs to be on top of the battery*.

Out of curiosity though. Which tube would you suggest using the Loctite on if I wanted to maintain the 18650/18490 capability?
[Edit] So..... I think what you meant was to put Loctite on the -screw- in the switch. Is that correct? I got home and looked over the mod when I realized this... DOH! :D [/Edit]

* Unless I'm missing something and its actually okay to put the battery in upside-down? o_O

Last edited:

Curmudgeon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2012
Henderson, NV
I've got a Magneto with a 18350 and a Kick 2... love the mag button and you will to. I've got on pre-order a Sigelei Silver Dragon from 101. Some don't like the dodecagon (12 sides) cut on the ends... I do. ;-)

State O Flux, did you get your Silver Dragon yet? I've got a few questions, if you'd be kind enough to answer.

RawnGermy

Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
I'm in your head
RawnGermy,

Thanks for the post man!
You actually pointed out my own stupidity for not even -trying- the protected batteries I have XD. The Chi You Clone -seems- like it could be a nice mech but after fiddling with it for hours and ending up getting frustrated I gave up and re-packaged it.

As my first -true- mech (I have a non-firing SB :() I thought that I would give one a try. Unfortunately the B&M didn't have any Magneto's in stock and they highly recommended the Chi You Clone. Fiddled with it in the store for a minute seemed good enough at the time (save for the annoying as hell to toggle locking ring).

Your suggestions are probably going to save me a trip back to the shop :D

I did also notice that the only -REAL- position for the so-called "kick-ring" is at the bottom of the mod. Which... well is pretty useless considering the kick needs to be on top of the battery*.

Out of curiosity though. Which tube would you suggest using the Loctite on if I wanted to maintain the 18650/18490 capability?
[Edit] So..... I think what you meant was to put Loctite on the -screw- in the switch. Is that correct? I got home and looked over the mod when I realized this... DOH! :D [/Edit]

* Unless I'm missing something and its actually okay to put the battery in upside-down? o_O
No worries man, i still have mine lost in the mail somewhere haha. I'm still gonna tinker with it,

Never red loctite and battery goes in the standard way...no upside down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread