CHICAGO VAPE IN - DECEMBER 19TH AT DALEY CENTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    Hello All,

Last week I posted a discussion on trying to save vaping in Cook County and Chicago, Illinois, where Chicago resides. Chicago is looking to impose a 95 cent/ml TAX, and Cook County is looking to impose on top of that a 40 cent/ml tax.

I again fired off emails tonight regarding vaping to the following recipients. Maybe you can take a minute of your time to do the same, to send just TWO emails.

LETTER ONE TO: COOK COUNTY COMMISSIONERS

BCC: richard.boykin@cookcountyil.gov, r.steele@robertsteele.org, jerry.butler@cookcountyil.gov, stanley@commissionermoore.com, deborah.sims@cookcountyil.gov, joan.murphy@cookcountyil.gov, Jesus.Garcia@cookcountyil.gov, luis.arroyojr@cookcountyil.gov, cookcty9@aol.com, Office@bridgetgainer.com, john.daley@cookcountyil.gov, commish@fritchey.com, larry.suffredin@cookcountyil.gov, commissioner.goslin@cookcountyil.gov, tim.schneider@cookcountyil.gov, Jeffrey.tobolski@cookcountyil.gov, sean.morrison@cookcountyil.gov

Cook County Commissioners,

What you should do is ban tobacco sales for people born after a certain date, and move all tobacco users to vaping for harm reduction, NOT kill vaping. Vaping is very safe and nicotine is NOT a carcinogen.

Please follow the links included so that you may become well versed and educated on NON TOBACCO products used in vaping.

UK GOVT SAYS 95% HARM FREE
    E-cigarettes around 95% less harmful than tobacco estimates landmark review - Press releases - GOV.UK

INFO-GRAPHICS:
    6 Best Vaping Infographics on the Internet

Thank You!
    ================================================
    LETTER TWO TO: CHICAGO ALDERMAN

BCC: ward01@cityofchicago.org, ward02@cityofchicago.org, ward03@cityofchicago.org, ward04@cityofchicago.org, ward05@cityofchicago.org, ward06@cityofchicago.org, ward07@cityofchicago.org, ward08@cityofchicago.org, ward09@cityofchicago.org, ward10@cityofchicago.org, ward11@cityofchicago.org, ward12@cityofchicago.org, ward13@cityofchicago.org, ward14@cityofchicago.org, ward15@cityofchicago.org, ward16@cityofchicago.org, ward17@cityofchicago.org, ward18@cityofchicago.org, ward19@cityofchicago.org, ward20@cityofchicago.org, ward21@cityofchicago.org, ward22@cityofchicago.org, ward23@cityofchicago.org, ward24@cityofchicago.org, ward25@cityofchicago.org, ward26@cityofchicago.org, ward27@cityofchicago.org, ward28@cityofchicago.org, ward29@cityofchicago.org, ward30@cityofchicago.org, ward31@cityofchicago.org, ward32@cityofchicago.org, ward33@cityofchicago.org, ward34@cityofchicago.org, ward35@cityofchicago.org, ward36@cityofchicago.org, ward37@cityofchicago.org, ward38@cityofchicago.org, ward39@cityofchicago.org, ward40@cityofchicago.org, ward41@cityofchicago.org, ward42@cityofchicago.org, ward43@cityofchicago.org, ward44@cityofchicago.org, ward45@cityofchicago.org, ward46@cityofchicago.org, ward47@cityofchicago.org, ward48@cityofchicago.org, ward49@cityofchicago.org, ward50@cityofchicago.org

Chicago Alderman,

What you should do is ban tobacco sales for people born after a certain date, and move all tobacco users to vaping for harm reduction, NOT kill vaping. Vaping is very safe and nicotine is NOT a carcinogen. High taxes are going to keep people on cigarettes by driving vape shops out of Chicago.

Please follow the links included so that you may become well versed and educated on NON TOBACCO products used in vaping.

UK GOVT SAYS 95% HARM FREE
    E-cigarettes around 95% less harmful than tobacco estimates landmark review - Press releases - GOV.UK

INFO-GRAPHICS:
    6 Best Vaping Infographics on the Internet

Thank You!

nic_fix

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 16, 2013
    USA
    actually I am sorry that is cook county and especially the city of Chicago. if this happens just ride up to Kenosha and stock up. you should see how stinking cheap analogs are in wis. I live in a very rural area and the closest store of any kind is 15 miles but even up there there is no city, county tax just state. if you really want to ride into wis like 8 hours from Chicago you can get a 30ml bottle of good juice for $6. I catch the drift this is not what you want to have to do. heck, do you buy gas in Chicago? I would push my damn car before I bought gas there. cook county and especially Chicago has taken terrible advantage of it's citizens. this goes back to al capon. how has rom helped the violence. you probably live in Lincoln park, streeterville or whatever but I feel the violence is the first priority right now. I am just sorry for you that you live there. I lived there 46 years and am so glad to be out of that hell hole. I am sorry to bash your city but it was my city too and honestly it is just a shame. the whole thing. it is a disaster. if you manage not to get shot you can just give the city all your money. I personally am very unhappy about it trust me I feel you. all I could do is leave. I did just the opposite. we do not even have electricity up here. I am lucky I can afford a propane generator. other people use blankets and a candle at night. it is just right for me what I always dreamed of. I understand most people could not make that extreme a change in their life and perhaps could not leave for other reasons. they will not listen to you I can assure you of that. just a damn shame. I know I did not help your cause but having lived there for decades I just feel sad.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    actually I am sorry that is cook county and especially the city of Chicago. if this happens just ride up to Kenosha and stock up. you should see how stinking cheap analogs are in wis. I live in a very rural area and the closest store of any kind is 15 miles but even up there there is no city, county tax just state. if you really want to ride into wis like 8 hours from Chicago you can get a 30ml bottle of good juice for $6. I catch the drift this is not what you want to have to do. heck, do you buy gas in Chicago? I would push my damn car before I bought gas there. cook county and especially Chicago has taken terrible advantage of it's citizens. this goes back to al capon. how has rom helped the violence. you probably live in Lincoln park, streeterville or whatever but I feel the violence is the first priority right now. I am just sorry for you that you live there. I lived there 46 years and am so glad to be out of that hell hole. I am sorry to bash your city but it was my city too and honestly it is just a shame. the whole thing. it is a disaster. if you manage not to get shot you can just give the city all your money. I personally am very unhappy about it trust me I feel you. all I could do is leave. I did just the opposite. we do not even have electricity up here. I am lucky I can afford a propane generator. other people use blankets and a candle at night. it is just right for me what I always dreamed of. I understand most people could not make that extreme a change in their life and perhaps could not leave for other reasons. they will not listen to you I can assure you of that. just a damn shame. I know I did not help your cause but having lived there for decades I just feel sad.

I'll probably be buying most of my e-liquids in the collar counties after January 1, 2016 b/c all of the shops in Chicago will undoubtedly close.

I live in Canaryville, which is to the South of Bridgeport, and buy most of my gas in Naperville, IL, which is located in DuPage Cty.

The issue of violence in Chicago is well known, but the homicides are primarily in West and South Side areas, which are 100% black. I happen to be white and in our little community, there are little to NO HOMICIDES for around 10yrs. Mostly it's Firemen, Paramedics and Chicago Police that live here.

They may not listen. That does not mean that the Chicago Democrat Machine should not know we care.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
    Oct 16, 2013
    USA
    yeah I totally agree with you. you are just lucky you are by Naperville. which happens to be a very nice town too. I know where that part of the city is. I know it is quiet too. you are right the violence is like in Austin some in Humboldt, logan square over by kenwood. black lives matter as much as white. I wish it would stop. that is not your problem of course. your problem is the absurd tax. as I said that goes all the way back to al capon. they just never stopped emptying peoples pockets. pay the man. you are just lucky you can go to Naperville. or downers grove Burbank whatever they do not play these stupid games with their citizens. of course if you could make it up by me you would be buying this stuff for nothing. I hate to say this but even if they ban it in places like this I bet there is still a nice selection. each person is the law here. not for everyone and a stark contrast to what I came from but I love this place.

if they read it. just lucky it is not daley in office. only reason someone else won is because he did not run. see what I mean. well it was my city and I represent it but things have just ben getting worse. I still wear a cubs hat mostly which could actually get me shot up here but I know everyone.

I just want you to know I am in full agreement with you. it is just very unfortunate that it probably makes no difference.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    yeah I totally agree with you. you are just lucky you are by Naperville. which happens to be a very nice town too. I know where that part of the city is. I know it is quiet too. you are right the violence is like in Austin some in Humboldt, logan square over by kenwood. black lives matter as much as white. I wish it would stop. that is not your problem of course. your problem is the absurd tax. as I said that goes all the way back to al capon. they just never stopped emptying peoples pockets. pay the man. you are just lucky you can go to Naperville. or downers grove Burbank whatever they do not play these stupid games with their citizens. of course if you could make it up by me you would be buying this stuff for nothing. I hate to say this but even if they ban it in places like this I bet there is still a nice selection. each person is the law here. not for everyone and a stark contrast to what I came from but I love this place.

if they read it. just lucky it is not daley in office. only reason someone else won is because he did not run. see what I mean. well it was my city and I represent it but things have just ben getting worse. I still wear a cubs hat mostly which could actually get me shot up here but I know everyone.

I just want you to know I am in full agreement with you. it is just very unfortunate that it probably makes no difference.

NO, I am in the neighborhood Canaryville in Chicago, 4 miles South of Downtown.

I'm from Naperville but my family still lives there and I am out there at least twice per month. Naperville is around 35 miles West of Chicago.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
    Oct 16, 2013
    USA
    actually this time they went too far. this is downright unfair and possibly an infringement of ones rights in the regard to the pursuit of happiness. people protest everything in Chicago and I urge them to go protest this. peacefully of course. $1/ml means that a 120ml bottle is well over $200. $90 for the juice, $120 cook county tax and sales tax. That is absurd. this is clearly abuse of power. it seems like their motive might be to get people back on analogs which is sickening. They would have reason to do that. Since they are good friends with big tobacco. if people do not wish to protest then I urge them to buy outside the city. speak with your wallets. that will let them know. did they ban internet shipments? if not I see that coming.

I thought you said Naperville bordered Chicago. I was wondering about that.

Romano Cheese

Master Mod Womper
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA
    this is downright unfair and possibly an infringement of ones rights in the regard to the pursuit of happiness

Wouldn't every tax be an infringement on our pursuit of happiness? I'm all for (reasonable) taxes, but taxes shouldn't exceed the retail value of the product.

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    What you should do is ban tobacco sales for people born after a certain date, and move all tobacco users to vaping for harm reduction, NOT kill vaping.

I agree that the proposed tax is totally outrageous and needs to be fought against but throwing smokers under the bus isn't, in my opinion, the way to go. :facepalm:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    At those prices people will go mail order or DIY. All the vape shops will probably close and may be that's the purpose of the tax because very little will be collected. Is the new tax a done deal? If not may be they are just playing with a vape tax for bargaining something else. Do they really want to close all the vape shops?

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2013
    Indiana
    You go Tommy! Your ideas in your letter are novel and may piss off smokers but throwing your idea out there can't hurt in that it may open people's eyes to a new perspective. I personally don't think tobacco should be made illegal to adults but I do think expressing new ideas is always helpful. It never hurts to rattle someone else's mind that's stuck in a one way rut.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    actually this time they went too far. this is downright unfair and possibly an infringement of ones rights in the regard to the pursuit of happiness. people protest everything in Chicago and I urge them to go protest this. peacefully of course. $1/ml means that a 120ml bottle is well over $200. $90 for the juice, $120 cook county tax and sales tax. That is absurd. this is clearly abuse of power. it seems like their motive might be to get people back on analogs which is sickening. They would have reason to do that. Since they are good friends with big tobacco. if people do not wish to protest then I urge them to buy outside the city. speak with your wallets. that will let them know. did they ban internet shipments? if not I see that coming.

I thought you said Naperville bordered Chicago. I was wondering about that.

35 miles due West. It is beyond Cook County, and located in DuPage County.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    That's what I do anyway, and yeah you can. It doesn't make the situation any less ridiculous. I don't see many shops staying open with that tax.

Owner of Level Vape in Chicago thinks 80% will close immediately. I think that's a fair amount, but I think most if not all will close within 6 months.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    What do you think Tommy, can we put the same thing together in Chicago?

Toronto Rally on nightly news

I'm down for it! WE need to get a movement going from within the vape shops. Let me see... I think I'll head out tomorrow to Level Vape, and see if I can run in to the owner. See what he says. I'll report back.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    You go Tommy! Your ideas in your letter are novel and may piss off smokers but throwing your idea out there can't hurt in that it may open people's eyes to a new perspective. I personally don't think tobacco should be made illegal to adults but I do think expressing new ideas is always helpful. It never hurts to rattle someone else's mind that's stuck in a one way rut.

I take no credit for the idea. It is what the UK is doing.

Reactions: pennysmalls
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread