URGENT Call to Action! Chicago E-Cigarette Usage Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diogenes

Moved On
Nov 5, 2013
Justice, IL
Thank you ECF and thank you to the majority of the Aldermans that show a more open mind.

Surprise opposition derails Emanuel

I'm glad that they tabled the ordinance, but knowing Chicago politics, it'll be back, and it will pass. For those who don't live in Illinois, and aren't familiar with Chicago politics, Chicago does what it wants, no matter what, and the state follows suit. Case in point, 49 other states in the union had concealed carry. Chicago lobbied that the streets would run red with blood, even though that never happened in any of the major cities across the US. It took a Supreme Court ruling to force Illinois to pass a carry bill.

What if we were to suggest a bill that would incorporate some of their points, like no underage sales, and that items must be behind the counter, seeing as how they already are to prevent theft?

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Wow!

That was a fantastic response, and lots of good common sense summations from from very smart people in the room!

Except someone needs to get this guy, Dr. Phillip Gardiner, a University of California expert on nicotine dependence, in touch with some reality and better, up to date studies.

Heh. It wouldn't help. Not him. Trust me. :2cool: He's just pure ANTZ, ain't no science nor logic gonna sway him!

Keep signing this petition please. This isn't over yet. Emanuel is making this look like an epic battle against Big Tobacco to save our kids. If only he knew that we are actually freeing ourselves from Big Tobacco.

He knows. He doesn't care. Also, Big Pharma probably helps line his pockets at election time.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Wow!

That was a fantastic response, and lots of good common sense summations from from very smart people in the room!

Except someone needs to get this guy, Dr. Phillip Gardiner, a University of California expert on nicotine dependence, in touch with some reality and better, up to date studies.

Don't hold your breath. Gardiner is an ANTZ and a crony of Stan Glantz.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Signed.

Instead of appealing to politicians' good sense, which they obviously seem to lack when it comes to vaping, why not consider similar action as these guys did in Colorado? Seems to have worked out well for them.
NRA News | Colorado Recall Success: Power of Grassroots

WOW!!! Well done, Colorado!!! :thumbs:
I love that guy in the video saying:
"They are elected to represent us. Not to dictate to us"

YES!!! I wish our horrible EU would listen. Although, of course, those who are now trying to dictate to us were never elected in the first place. Just a handful of un-elected burocrats whose pockets are getting filled by BT and BP....

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
WOW!!! Well done, Colorado!!! :thumbs:
I love that guy in the video saying:
"They are elected to represent us. Not to dictate to us"

YES!!! I wish our horrible EU would listen. Although, of course, those who are now trying to dictate to us were never elected in the first place. Just a handful of un-elected burocrats whose pockets are getting filled by BT and BP....

In the words of the immortal Evelyn Waugh, "Belgian ticket inspectors!" [spit] Tongue_Show_Cat.jpg

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
Typical ignorance going on here. It's simple, help stand up in numbers to keep our representatives here focused on reason. Sign the petition. ---> https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petitio...manual_Stop_over_regulation_of_Ecigs/?dJgYugb

Here's the latest video I found of Mayor Emanuel and his misunderstandings.

Mayor still wants regulations on e-cigarettes | WGN-TV

You can be as cynical about the situation as you want, but a daily reminder and global support in numbers can trump this over time. We have an apparent edge in the argument on the side of reason here in Chicago, that edge can be lost. Mayor Emanuel will not stop, so neither can we.

Politics suck, but people need to recognize the very slim window that exists to actually get things done. Chicago is the third largest city in the United States, and what happens here is truly a major event in opposition to over-regulation, we have a window to sustain this momentum and make it more permanent.

Please refer to page #1 of this thread for all relevant contact information.

Also, a daily reminder to Mayor Emanuels twitter can do nothing else but remind his staff that the overwhelming majority of vapors are ex-smokers, and generally we despise and are particularly resentful towards Big Tobacco. @ChicagosMayor @RahmEmanuel

It takes 10 seconds to at least sign that petition. It takes another 10 seconds to tweet Emanuel. I'm not expecting to change his mind, but I am expecting that there can be enough support from the global vaping community to annoy him, and let him realize we stand together in numbers, besides the fact he cannot politically back away from his current stance at this stage.

If you are not a resident of Chicago, you can still contact our aldermen with an email of a testimonial. Important things to emphasize is the fact we do not support Big Tobacco, and the overwhelming majority of our purchases have come from newly established independent businesses, and we actually for the most part, reject electronic cigarette products put out by Big Tobacco.

-B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread