• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Chimbus ? Nimbus Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Looks like Fasttech has a nimbus clone, saw it on vaporjoes.

I'll be the guinea pig. Ordered 2.

We'll see how it actually compares to my nimbus, not expecting much but for 5 bucks and change a piece its worth a shot

I saw that too. With the stainless steel drip tip that's included, it's almost like; buy one drip tip, get a free RBA.

It's a dripper and it's dirt cheap, I'll probably buy one.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

ebhomepc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
United Kingdom
I saw that too. With the stainless steel drip tip that's included, it's almost like; buy one drip tip, get a free RBA.

It's a dripper and it's dirt cheap, I'll probably buy one.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

I don't think the driptip is SS I think they sell the driptip separate and list it as chrome I might be wrong hope so lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

littlewing6283

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
So Cal

littlewing6283

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
So Cal
heads up igo-w saw it in a co-op. looks to be another nimbus clone. but quality appears to be there. same makers of AGI and igo rdas.

if I already wasnt in a nimbus co-op id pick these up too. hell once its more readily avail might pick one up anyways. I can always give them to friends once im done playing with them

also im not knocking the igo's either I have 2 agi's and 2 igo-ls. I use them as much as my nimbus. Thats why im very curious about their new atty. igo-l is a stand up dripper for the price.

Last edited:

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
Cross posted from another Fasttech Nimbus clone thread:

I got mine in the mail yesterday. I'm not impressed.

The juice well on the deck seems shallower than it should be. If there's anything more than 12 drops of liquid in there and you remove the cap, your mod is going to get messy.

The drip tip that is included looks nice but doesn't fit snugly. It stays put, but it doesn't seat in the hole very well and is sort of wobbly.

The screws on the 3 posts that capture resistance wires have allen wrench heads as opposed to phillips heads. The screws themselves are TINY. It only takes about 3 turns for the screw to come out. If you lose one, good luck finding a replacement. The tiny allen wrench that comes with the atomizer seems like it's too small in diameter for the screw heads. After tinkering with it for a while last night, the allen wrench has already become slightly stripped (the edges have rounded).

The cap has one air hole that's way too narrow. I don't see anybody being satisfied with a draw as tight as it is out of the box. The atomizer comes with a dual coil setup already installed with what looks to be 34AWG wire. (one air hole with dual coils......?) After a quick rinse to get rid of any residual contaminants, I dripped some e-liquid and gave it a go. As expected, the draw is way too stiff, vapor production was anemic and throat hit was harsh.

I enlarged the one air hole a bit and gave it another try...same results but with a lighter draw. I drilled another air hole opposite the existing hole and gave it another try...same results, airier draw.

I rebuilt it with 32AWG and 30AWG...I got better results with the rebuilds but the throat his stayed harsh and unpleasant.

Your results may differ from mine, but until I hear back from fellow ECFers about theirs performing well, this thing will be relegated to the back of my vape supply drawer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread