China's new Vapeflask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
I've been fascinated with the evolution and de-evolution of the VaporFlask over the years. From the original US design, to the latest 3FVape release, I have five totally different versions. One issue that all companies have struggled with is how to get all of those electronics and wires into a small tubular space. The original flask had a "sled" of sorts that truly was a crazy setup. That said, it worked and was semi repairable. When the clones started arriving, they tried their hand at the sled design and some much cheaper casings. There were versions where the entire side popped off, giving access to the batteries et al...

In the quest to make the Vaporflask cheaper, the latest iteration is (in my opinion) an attempt to seem like the original design - but the result is a truly dangerous device. The main issues are:

- The boards and cables are wrapped in kapton tape and literally jammed into the small cylindrical space. Unprotected button solder points, buttons that are glued in place, a screen that is soldered instead of socketed, non-spring loaded 510, loose metal kerf, poor thread machining... and the capper: a dab of cheap electrical tape as an insulator of the positive battery connector.

This thing looks like a vapor flask, but the quality is more akin to the version (3?) clones that were really, really cheap.

There are some cool ideas in it, for instance they have a small plastic "holder" that puts the USB port right where it needs to be. But then it's hot glued into place.

While it's not the worst clone I've seen, it's the most dangerous due to the corners they cut in manufacturing. Take care and do NOT attempt to repair this device. It's truly disposable.

Images attached. If anyone out there has disassembled various versions of this device, it's an amazing testament to how a difficult design is dealt with, to cut costs.
AD

18FB27A7-3D97-4675-ADDF-22880369D1FA.jpeg BD421261-D675-4A42-ABBA-2D1503B63987.jpeg F1D930DD-6B0D-4CFD-9693-46FAECBCE5BD.jpeg A14BB42D-FDA1-4996-8DE6-DD44F4816CAF.jpeg 63AD656D-D001-414E-A6D4-4560E77881B6.jpeg CBE0AF87-2474-4712-812C-A6A026A67EFB.jpeg

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Good info @Aerodan.

I have a couple of the Wismec VaporFlask Lite's designed by Vape Forward. I bought them when they were released (2015-16???). Nice mods, very comfy. Solid performers.

I run Arctic Fox on them, brings 'em up to near DNA chipset performance.

Always wanted one of the OG's, missed out.

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
The OG really is a cool mod. The sled that holds the electronics (shape, material) is wacky in that "how in the heck did they CAD this?" way. The whole thing would have been so much easier to deal with if the USB port were horizontal. Then the later (long) DNA boards would probably fit better.

I stuffed a DNA 60 into the original US vape flask and omg. That's what started the fascination - trying to resurrect one with a 60. Props to the people who assembled them, because wow, dexterity.

Anyway, they're long gone and now a part of vaping history. Someday soon I'll do a whole 3D print flask and put it out there. Always wanted one of the rare squonk versions!

AD

Good info @Aerodan.

I have a couple of the Wismec VaporFlask Lite's designed by Vape Forward. I bought them when they were released (2015-16???). Nice mods, very comfy. Solid performers.

I run Arctic Fox on them, brings 'em up to near DNA chipset performance.

Always wanted one of the OG's, missed out.

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
Oh sweet! You have my jealous want :) That's the good version of the Lite circa 2016. I have one that's janked beyond repair, thanks to getting scammed on Ebay of yesteryear :-/ Attaching a picture of it, in the best refurbishment I could do. It doesn't work, but it sure looks nice.

Remember the "stout"? Those never really sold well, being that odd teardrop shape. It's not a bad mod in its own right, and marketed as something other than a flask might have done better.

AD

Thanks for the warning :) I still have and a few of the Vaporflask lite, one still new in box and one in use since I purchased it 2016

Attachments

• 040C5753-AF28-4327-837B-9D15BE288C4B.jpeg
    040C5753-AF28-4327-837B-9D15BE288C4B.jpeg
    830.2 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: YoursTruli

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
Oh sweet! You have my jealous want :) That's the good version of the Lite circa 2016. I have one that's janked beyond repair, thanks to getting scammed on Ebay of yesteryear :-/ Attaching a picture of it, in the best refurbishment I could do. It doesn't work, but it sure looks nice.

Remember the "stout"? Those never really sold well, being that odd teardrop shape. It's not a bad mod in its own right, and marketed as something other than a flask might have done better.

AD
So funny you mention the Stout! I was surfing Eleaf the other day and
Vaporflask Vape Forward Stout 100W TC Mod I was like :w00t: I forgot it took a 26650 cell I think that's why I didn't consider it I kinda have a love/hate thing going on with the rotatable battery cap, while super cool and inventive it sure tears up my battery wrapper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread