Chocolate Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff_NYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
New York City
Ok...I have been on a search for a good chocolate and have been disappointed every time...so far I have tried:

1. Dekang - The bottle i bought from Vaporkings tasted skunked and never tried it again.

2. Vaporbomb - Milk Chocolate and White chocolate were about a 7 out of 10 you can kind of make out the chocolate taste. Their chocolate almond and regular chocolate are horrible based on what was sent to me.

3. Eliquidplanet - Just got these in today: Dark chocolate essence - 6 out of 10 - great vapor production...no taste at all. Chocolate VG - Also great vapor production...tastes and smells like soap.

4. MS T's - Chocolate Brownie - 7/10 decent cocoa taste..not too bad mixed with some of Vaporbomb's milk chocolate..but on it's own very dry and bitter.

5. Vaperite- Natural Chocolate - This stuff smells like betty crocker frosting- awesome....If it tasted like it smelled it would be perfect. This one has potential. I only had 3 ml sampler and by the end of it the flavor was starting to get there.

6. Tasty Vapor - Mint chocolate - very minty with no chocolate taste.

Bottom line is no one seems to have a solid chocolate flavor...it seems so strange to me that no one can nail what is probably one of the most important flavors out there.

Has anyone had any luck finding a satisfying chocolate flavor? I've heard some decent reviews about Juicy Vapor's chocolate...Might give that a try next.

Last edited:

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
Apparently a good chocolate is one of the hardest flavors to replicate. There was just a discussion in another thread about trying to come up with one, and the prevailing wisdom seems to be that it's a flavor that does not stand alone well as it can be created now, and at best serves as a nice backdrop for other flavors. You should be able to taste it, though, even if not in the same way you would a Hershey Kiss.

Luvs5rugrats

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
The Lowcountry
Johnson creek's chocolate truffle is pretty darn good. They have a new chocolate flavor in their Red Oak series which I haven't tried yet but it has all excellent reviews on the site. I'm a huge chocolate lover, so I was very impressed when I tried it.

I couldn't put the chocolate down and had to pace myself because I think I was getting a slight overdose yesterday LOL it is very tasty. Smooth and, to me, tastes just like a gourmet chocolate cocoa.

msroulette

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
After trying and failing to get good chocolate, I had thought I couldn't get one. I got some PA chocolate and milk chocolate and made my own! I raved to all my friends, and anybody that would listen to me that YES, I CAN taste chocolate vape! Try a little DIY with perfumers apprentice, it could make all the difference :)

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
I can help you with that. I've tried chocolate juice from quite a few vendors and the best, without a doubt, are:

Vikingvapor's Chocolate
Happy Smokes' Chocolate Rain
Backwoods Brew's Chocolate
Johnson Creek's Chocolate Truffle

All are GREAT...but Vikingvapor's is in the lead for Chocolate of the Year. Chocolate Rain is a close second

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I agree that chocolate, vanilla, and a lot of other flavors are weak to my taste. I have been looking for Lorann flavors and I'm probably going to have to travel about 20 miles to visit Hobby Lobby and buy some to use in jazzing up my juices.

Sometimes I think that people who make the flavorings and even those who mix ejuice are people who have terrific sense of smell and taste. As an old tobacco smoker, my taste buds and sense of smell vary, even with the few analogs I still smoke. FreedomSmokeUSA has an "Add an extra splash of flavor" button on the top of the juice pages. They will increase the flavor of what ever you choose.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
My fave is TV german choc cake with EXTRA choc - has to have the extra choc or its not choccy enough. I love GCC as is, but I added extra choc one time and it was like choc brownies w/ a hint of coconut.
The mint choc chip is nice but low on choc and high on mint (as you discovered).
All the other chocs Ive tried have fallen short of MY expectations of decent choc - even my fave above isn't as good as I would like it to be (as close to choc as I want, which I have accepted may not exist outside the food world lol) but its the closest I've found.

Anglo

Jun 26, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
Geoff_NYC, Thanks for the post. I've also been looking for good chocolate e-liquids. I'm going to try the Vaperite Natural Chocolate based on your observation of its potential.

You might want to try Velvet Vapor's Fudge Brownie. It's similar to Ms. T's Chocolate Brownies, but not as dark tasting. And yeah, Viking Vapor Chocolate is good stuff that gets better with age.

What I like best so far is about a 50/50 mix of Viking Vapor Chocolate and Ms. T's Chocolate Brownies. The combination of the two is better than either one of them alone, in my opinion. It gets really, really good as it ages.

Last edited:

Geoff_NYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
New York City
Ok just got my Chocolate Rain...and of course i couldn't wait to try it. Initial impressions are not that great but not bad. Vapor production seems pretty low, not quite sure what their using for PG/VG but it feels like straight PG. It has a sweet smell - not bad - but i wouldn't say a rich cocoa. Obviously I need to give it some time to steep....but we will see. As others of you have pointed out this might be nice with a mix of something darker like a Ms T's. But i'll give it some time..at first i thought the whole steeping thing was BS but i've come to realize that it's really true - juices get much better at about the 1 week mark. Happy Smokes did throw in a 3ml sampler of their nutty which smells very nice - maple/hazelnutty - haven't tried it yet but i think it has promise.

Will be ordering Viking Vapor next. For those of you that have had Viking Vapor...do you recommend ordering double flavor?? I was thinking of going with a 60/40 VG/PG mix.

Last edited:

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Ok just got my Chocolate Rain...and of course i couldn't wait to try it. Initial impressions are not that great but not bad. Vapor production seems pretty low, not quite sure what their using for PG/VG but it feels like straight PG. It has a sweet smell - not bad - but i wouldn't say a rich cocoa. Obviously I need to give it some time to steep....but we will see. As others of you have pointed out this might be nice with a mix of something darker like a Ms T's. But i'll give it some time..at first i thought the whole steeping thing was BS but i've come to realize that it's really true - juices get much better at about the 1 week mark. Happy Smokes did throw in a 3ml sampler of their nutty which smells very nice - maple/hazelnutty - haven't tried it yet but i think it has promise.

Will be ordering Viking Vapor next. For those of you that have had Viking Vapor...do you recommend ordering double flavor?? I was thinking of going with a 60/40 VG/PG mix.

I had a long email exchange with VV before I ordered and they recommended not going with that high a VG...smothers the taste. But, each person's taste is unique. Yes, I did the extra flavor when ordered. Hope the Chocolate Rain comes around for you. I let mine steep for 4-5 days before giving it a try.

Ms T's is HORRIBLE....some of the worst I've ever tasted. Again, taste is subjective.

One thing you could do is mix your own according to your preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread