Status
Not open for further replies.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Kimerpuff - Thanks for the addition of FA Cookies to the line up. My order showed up yesterday and it is really good alone but awesome with:

3 ml batch

FA Cookie 6% or 4 drops
PA Caramel Candy 3% or 3 drops
PA Double Chocolate 2% or 3 drops
PA Sweetner 1% or 1 drop

As you can see I had a little bit of a sweet tooth this am, I wipped up the above and it hit the spot for me. Thanks again for adding this flavor to the line up. Still playing w/the MTS vape wizard.

Last edited:

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Hey, Is it 6%/3% Cookie/Carmel (2 to 1)or 4 Drops/4 Drops Cookie/Carmel (1 to 1) ?

rhsmitty I was giving % of total mix. If you are using drops in a 3ml batch (i just fixed typo above) use 3 mls base juice add 4 drops cookie, 3 drops Caramel, 2 drops Dbl Choc, 1 drop sweetner. For larger batch use % of total. Hope that helps

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
I guess you had a sweet tooth ;) Question: whats the difference between Caramel, and Caramel Candy? I have tried the PA Caramel without much luck.
Thanks,
Jeff

Tough one to answer but I will give it a shot. The caramel candy has a lighter but sweeter caramel taste and it is kind of creamier. Not sure if that helps but I am struggling myself to nail it. I am comparing PA Caramel Candy to Loranns Caramel. For me the caramel flavors seem to sort of hide in my DIY mixes. I can say I have not tried them as "stand alone" so the comparision is based on DIYs with two or three flavors. Not sure if you have the same issue but it does seem like a background flavor that really does not pop. Still I would add that it lends some character to those juices I add it to. Damn sounds like I am talking about a wine instead of a $1.50 flavor. Funny I just saw this post since I just vaped the last drop and was going to make another batch.

RenaissancePuffer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Tough one to answer but I will give it a shot. The caramel candy has a lighter but sweeter caramel taste and it is kind of creamier. Not sure if that helps but I am struggling myself to nail it. I am comparing PA Caramel Candy to Loranns Caramel. For me the caramel flavors seem to sort of hide in my DIY mixes. I can say I have not tried them as "stand alone" so the comparision is based on DIYs with two or three flavors. Not sure if you have the same issue but it does seem like a background flavor that really does not pop. Still I would add that it lends some character to those juices I add it to. Damn sounds like I am talking about a wine instead of a $1.50 flavor. Funny I just saw this post since I just vaped the last drop and was going to make another batch.

This is my feeling as well. Caramel just doesn't seem to really come through as a very powerful primary flavoring, but does add some good character to the mixes in the background. I would say the Caramel Candy is reminiscent of a Werther's Original hard candy, whereas the standard Caramel is more like the Kraft caramel squares that you buy to melt down for caramel apples.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
This is my feeling as well. Caramel just doesn't seem to really come through as a very powerful primary flavoring, but does add some good character to the mixes in the background. I would say the Caramel Candy is reminiscent of a Werther's Original hard candy, whereas the standard Caramel is more like the Kraft caramel squares that you buy to melt down for caramel apples.

Thanks that is exactly it. Hence the "creaminess" (not sure if that is really a word but I think you know what I mean) of the caramel candy versus the standard caramel.

BTW - I really dig One Stop DIY and the team there does an awesome job of taking care of our little vaping community. Keep up the good work and happy holidays

mauzey

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
Washington State
Jeff - what % are you mixing it at? I have not gone above 5% with this flavor.

You know what, I can't remember what I used it at. I dumped my batch and ran away. ;-) I just surmised that I used to much. It was my first attempt at making and RY4 and I haven't tried to use the PA:Carmel since. :(

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
You know what, I can't remember what I used it at. I dumped my batch and ran away. ;-) I just surmised that I used to much. It was my first attempt at making and RY4 and I haven't tried to use the PA:Carmel since. :(

Most likey too much caramel then. The caramel in RY4 is very subtle IMO. When I am trying to match a flavor I start very light on flavoring, vape a little and adjust w/ a drop at a time. I also take notes (most of the time) then transfer the finished recipe to the Breaktru calculator. Nice thing about the DIY is that it really doesn't hurt to dump a bad batch. I always test batch 3ml sizes and that means pennies. Not so when you get a 15 or 30ml of a premade juice that sucks and is basically unvapable. I have a few of those and it is almost time to dump them and chalk it up as an expensive bottle to hold a DIY sauce.

BTW - They have a PA RY4 on the site that is pretty good

RenaissancePuffer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nice thing about the DIY is that it really doesn't hurt to dump a bad batch. I always test batch 3ml sizes and that means pennies. Not so when you get a 15 or 30ml of a premade juice that sucks and is basically unvapable. I have a few of those and it is almost time to dump them and chalk it up as an expensive bottle to hold a DIY sauce.

BTW - They have a PA RY4 on the site that is pretty good

Thats a great point, and the main reason why I only have a couple of premade juices that I really care for (bestecig RY4, and JC Black Cherry).

The best part, is that we can venture out to duplicate a flavor (which is part of the fun of it all!), and during the journey, sometimes we find that we prefer more of this flavor, or less of that, or something completely new to the mix, and end up finding new favorites.

IMO, the PA RY4 is good, but it lacks some components. Either way, its a nice base, some caramel, tobacco blend pg, vanilla bean icecream, and perhaps a hint of FA butterscotch and I think that'd be a real winner. Hmm, maybe I should give it a go and post a recipe.

Need....more....time LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread