The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Christmas List: Good Choice, or not?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Krafted Khaos, Nov 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Krafted Khaos

Krafted Khaos Full Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Richmond, VA, USA
    Hey everybody,

I'm not liking the battery life of my e-Go-T starter kit batteries (they're about a year old, although they've only been in actual use for about a month of that time, I was a dope and left the batteries connected to the tanks while not in use)

I just put out a request to 'Santa' for the biggest bottle available of my favorite local juice and a Black (and a Purple) Vision Spinner 1300mah, along with a couple spare tanks and boxes of coils.

I'm using an iClear 16 tank, and like it just fine (still haven't worked out if the replacement coils are going to be a problem, though), I just want a better battery life, and want to see if the Spinner will improve the taste of my favorite juice even more.

Also, are these able to be used while being charged? While it's by no means a deal breaker if they're not... it sure would be nice if they were, lol.

Also, one last thing... can anyone recommend a good 'mobile kit' (something that nicely carries a couple spare tanks, juice, batteries, etc. while I'm on-the-go)?

Thanks so much! Everyone here is SO helpful, I've learned more in the last 24 hours than I even knew there WAS to know about this stuff, and haven't even scratched the surface!

A.

PS - Not sure if it makes any difference, but my main juice is a 70/30 mix, 30mg/ml

2. vin cecil

vin cecil Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 25, 2013
    Pasco, FL
    How to change the taste of your juices depends on your volts or watts. get something vv/vw to change the juice and find that sweet spot.

As for a carrier.. I use an old digital camera case. has 3 pockets to seperate, It fits everything very nicely, I can loop it on my belt if hiking or something (I don't hike... just saying :))
    It fits 3x 30ml juice bottles, along with 2x chargers, 5x volt cig-a-likes, ego-T 650 (im sure a 1300 would fit too I just dont have one) 15 cartos in the back slim pocket. I forgot to mention a few items in there cus its in the car right now, but it can fit soo much more in there. it also has a hard bottom so it stands straight up easily.

If you have an old camera case laying around, I'd suggest trying it out. But of course, you could always buy a "real" carrying case lol.

3. BillyWJ

BillyWJ Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2013
    usa
    I have a spinner, I like it, a lot. Get two - a spare battery is more important than spare tanks, to me.

As for making your juice taste better, I don't know - it might give you a better, consistent charge, but I think you probably want to look into a cartomizer if you're after flavor - I have an iClear, I got it with my iTaste MVP, and I just don't like it, at all. The best flavor I've found so far is a carto tank - and I've read that drippers can be even better, so they'll probably be my next area of exploration. Granted, it's all up to what YOU like, and if you like the iClears, then go with them. I don't know how easy it is to replace the coils on them, either.

I don't know if they make a pass-through for the spinners, but I know you can get a usb cable for using with an iClear while plugged in, or other tanks. The iTaste also can be used when plugged in. If you're going with spinner types, two batteries is important - use one, while the other is charging. (Or carry a charging cable for the car or office)

As to a mobile kit, take a look in the camera section at the stores, or online, there are all kinds of small pouch type bags that are durable, have internal compartments, and have belt attachments (like a fanny pack) or shoulder straps.

Hope that helps!

4. BillyWJ

BillyWJ Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2013
    usa
    I just mentioned the camera case thing, lol.

I just had another idea, too, I have a leather (fake) bound case with a zipper that holds an assortment of "computer" tools, it was an Xmas gift a couple of years ago. I don't use it, it's in storage, but I remembered it has velcro straps and elastic bands to keep the tools in place, it could make a nice travel case! I'll have to hit my storage unit this weekend!

5. lgboogie19

lgboogie19 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2013
    Hagerstown, MD
    Those spinners are about the longest lasting ego style batteries, one of those should get you through the day. You would need a passthrough battery to be able to vape while charging. I havent seen any passthru spinners but they are some ego sized batteries out there that are. I never take my tanks off my batteries. Never had any premature failures. Never turn my batteries off either. I think thats a myth. You may want to try a bottom coil tank like a pro tank or evod. They are very low maintence and have a nice cool vape, and they dont hog juice like the iclears. Maybe youd wanna step up to a variable wattage battery, id recommend the innokin mvp2 which is boxed shaped. Lasts 2-3 days of heavy vaping and has passthru capability and also an output usb charger, very reliable and extremely popular device. You could also try the innokin itaste vv3, which is a stick sized battery with variable wattage and is also passthru. It has a somewhat short battery life at 800mah but if ur near a charger frequently you can use the passthru feature in a pinch. Both of those have 510 and ego threading.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

6. Krafted Khaos

Krafted Khaos Full Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Richmond, VA, USA
    Great ideas, everyone! Thanks!

I'm home most of the time, so just having the two should be perfectly fine, especially if they last all/most of the day. I take an entire spare set-up with me everywhere I go still (only on day 6, and not willing to let equipment failure/malfunction/dead battery screw up my success of not smoking!) I was just curious about the pass-throughs, as the lady at the B&M mentioned them, and I thought they would have their times of convenience.

Camera bags seem like a great idea, I'll definitely have to look into that option. Do they actually sell carriers for PV stuff? I didn't know that. (Obviously, I haven't gone poking around any of the on-line sites yet, LOL)

Can't wait for Christmas to get here :D

A.

7. macpeace

macpeace Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 31, 2013
    OK • SOONER
    Merry Christmas to you!

8. basylica

basylica Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2013
    Dallas, Tx
    Spinners are fab. They are still in my bag as a emergency vape and for cohorts who need a loaner. Sent one to mom but I'm picking up a few more for the backup reason. I have bigger and pricier mods now, but just this week I forgot to grab my battery case after charging and didn't realize until my provari started blinking. Spinner did me just fine on my last break and drive home :)

9. 1990FOXBODY

1990FOXBODY Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2013
    Bryan, Texas
    You have learned the most important part to success my friend.

10. visioncig
    This message by visioncig has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Nov 28, 2013, Reason: Unregistered Supplier.
    Nov 28, 2013
  11. The Blue Max

The Blue Max Full Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Alexandria, VA
    If you're looking for a bigger battery, you should ask Santa for an MVP 2. They're under $40 at 101vapes. Cheapest I've seen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.