Chuck working... and not working D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRamen

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Banning CA
Alright, so the other day, I received my chuck. Popped two RCR123s fully charged into it. Nothin.

So after some troubleshooting with you great people on this forum, I went out to buy two CR123s (Just normal energizer ones, non rechargeable).

And it worked like a charm. So I assumed it was a dud RCR123.

I bought 4 more RCR123s, and none of them work in my chuck what so ever...

My multimeter is reading 6 volts with the RCR123s in, but it just won't seem to work... Any ideas here?

Grammie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2009
Virginia, Well Steeped
Last edited:

RedRamen

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Banning CA

RIMP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The chuck works fine with 1 set of batteries (non rechargeable), but not with the other 6 batteries I have (rechargeable)

It sounds to me like your charger isn't working. Can't believe you have 6 duds. Might need to use foil to help make contact with the charger or maybe you just have a bum charger. Can you charge other batts and it works? Do you have other mods you can check the batts in? Chucks usually don't have probs. If the batts aren't being charged there's not enough juice to run it:(
RIMP:evil:

RedRamen

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Banning CA
It sounds to me like your charger isn't working. Can't believe you have 6 duds. Might need to use foil to help make contact with the charger or maybe you just have a bum charger. Can you charge other batts and it works? Do you have other mods you can check the batts in? Chucks usually don't have probs. If the batts aren't being charged there's not enough juice to run it:(
RIMP:evil:

I tested each battery with my multimeter, each one says 3.4 volts... Idk what's going on, ahhh!

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Not sure if it's the same issue, I was having with my little Chuck... I had to charge the hell out of my Ultrafire rcr123's the first time.

The charger had said they were done, I took it to work and was disappointed..I was like... "What the Chuck?!"

I discovered that I had left another set of batteries in the charger I had forgot about (yes, bad, I know).. when I popped them in I got a full dose of Chuckitude!

Threw the other ones in for a good haul and they work as well. I've noticed this on a couple other lithium batteries as well, namely my wifes and co-workers PCCs.

RedRamen

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Banning CA
Not sure if it's the same issue, I was having with my little Chuck... I had to charge the hell out of my Ultrafire rcr123's the first time.

The charger had said they were done, I took it to work and was disappointed..I was like... "What the Chuck?!"

I discovered that I had left another set of batteries in the charger I had forgot about (yes, bad, I know).. when I popped them in I got a full dose of Chuckitude!

Threw the other ones in for a good haul and they work as well. I've noticed this on a couple other lithium batteries as well, namely my wifes and co-workers PCCs.

I shall try this!

I'll just leave them on over night if I have to.

If I never sign on again, it's because I died in a fire.

(also, I did email Jeff, but I'd like to just see if anyone else has had this issue so I'm not chuckless)

RedRamen

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Banning CA
Your still using the 510 atty right? Maybe you could try getting an adapter and using a 801 or 901 atty instead. Are the new batteries the same brand as the others that didn't work? Maybe try a different brand of battery. This is a real puzzler.

You're Houdini! You're supposed to be the master of puzzles!

Oh well, I'll order some different batteries... We'll see...

I'm getting some RCR123s from Deal Extreme, they're probably unprotected.. So I don't wanna use them for long.

EDIT: Actually, they're CR2s, SCARY

are they by chance blue tenergy 900mahs? My blue tenergys trip thier PCB and wont let me vape for some reason but my yellow ones work perfect....blue ones drove me bonkers, I wish u best of luck and hope ur back in Chucktopia soon

Um, they're green Ultra Fire 880 Mahs, I just ordered these... Hopefully they work.

http://www.cr123batteries.com/

Last edited:

kwcharlie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Houston
acrigs.com
are they by chance blue tenergy 900mahs? My blue tenergys trip thier PCB and wont let me vape for some reason but my yellow ones work perfect....blue ones drove me bonkers, I wish u best of luck and hope ur back in Chucktopia soon :)
if RR isn't using the blues we will have to troubleshoot the hidden flux ;) capacitor 8-o CT, it's all that's left if RR's working with the other non rechargeable.
Just get a cheap meter that will do over 2 amps to start with CT.

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
Don't worry about using non protected batteries, with the big ones it can be an issue but the little CR2 and RCR123's don't have that much stored energy in them
I don't know man. In the GG forum a guy had his CR2s literally explode like a pipe bomb and nearly burn the house down. Check it out. He has pictures of it too.:evil:
The thread is called "GG safety tested and proved."

Last edited:

f4ifrank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NE Georgia
I've had my Chuck for about a month now and it was vaping fine with 18650 battery, rechargeable. Now it won't vape at all. I put the stock batteries on the atty and it vapes fine, so I know it's not the atty. I charged the batteries overnite and they won't heat up the atty. I PM'd Jeff yesterday but haven't heard back from him yet. This sucks, I miss vaping on my Chuck :(

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
I've had my Chuck for about a month now and it was vaping fine with 18650 battery, rechargeable. Now it won't vape at all. I put the stock batteries on the atty and it vapes fine, so I know it's not the atty. I charged the batteries overnite and they won't heat up the atty. I PM'd Jeff yesterday but haven't heard back from him yet. This sucks, I miss vaping on my Chuck :(

Funny(not your problem:oops:), but that I just posted this two seconds ago in another thread..

Post from other thread...
Have you tried the techniques in this thread...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...have-atty-works-1-device-but-not-another.html

Try that and see if it helps.

Edit note...in that post Crash does it to the attys. I use the same method, but do it to the chuck instead...6 in on hand, half a dozen in the other, I guess, but if you do it to the chuck, you only have to do it once ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread