Status
Not open for further replies.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
CIg-A-Likes are closest to the size and feel of a tobacco cigarette. I quit using them at 6 mg nicotine. They have vastly improved over the last few years. Some even have small tanks. I agree larger devices function better but the form factor may be just the trick for certain smokers.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
If I got in a bind and needed a fix I would buy a disposable in a heartbeat vs buying a pack of cigs.
Yea but you know, since I been vaping, I don't have that problem anymore. I would like to go have a vape, but if I can't it doesn't turn into the withdrawal circus I had when smoking. Seems if I really must I can go a long time without stressing over it now

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Yea but you know, since I been vaping, I don't have that problem anymore. I would like to go have a vape, but if I can't it doesn't turn into the withdrawal circus I had when smoking. Seems if I really must I can go a long time without stressing over it now
I am not quite to that point yet. But the urgency to vape as quick as I can at lunch is not as strong.
Then there are still times.....

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
4 years into vaping and I still use a cig alikes at times, sometimes you just need a vape that actually feels like a cigarette and smoking and I know I am not alone. There are plenty of people on the cig alike side of the fence that are really comfortable using them and many have no desire to move on to larger equipment. I have tried to talk my friend into upgrading for years by PIF some of my egos/clearos/tanks, more of a cost factor then anything else, and she is uncomfortable even with something like a small ego battery and clearo and has said many times they don't do it for her she needs that cigarette feel to stay off analogs. I think sometimes people forget ECF is a very small percentage of ecig users even nationwide and statistically speaking cig alikes are much more common among all vapers. I don't think personally I would want to go back to only using cig alikes, I have shineyitis, but, they got me off the analogs day one after smoking 2PAD for 30+++ years and continue to help me stay off, there is something to be said for that.

Kim B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
STL MO
4 years into vaping and I still use a cig alikes at times, sometimes you just need a vape that actually feels like a cigarette and smoking and I know I am not alone. There are plenty of people on the cig alike side of the fence that are really comfortable using them and many have no desire to move on to larger equipment. I have tried to talk my friend into upgrading for years by PIF some of my egos/clearos/tanks, more of a cost factor then anything else, and she is uncomfortable even with something like a small ego battery and clearo and has said many times they don't do it for her she needs that cigarette feel to stay off analogs. I think sometimes people forget ECF is a very small percentage of ecig users even nationwide and statistically speaking cig alikes are much more common among all vapers. I don't think personally I would want to go back to only using cig alikes, I have shineyitis, but, they got me off the analogs day one after smoking 2PAD for 30+++ years and continue to help me stay off, there is something to be said for that.

Exactly, Truli. :thumb: When I decided to give vaping a try those "garbage cigalikes" are what got me away from a 38 year smoking habit. The look and feel of a cigarette was a very important factor in why they worked for me. I've since moved on to vv/vw devices and don't use them anymore, but those little cigalikes have a place of reverence in my vape stash, they were a true life changer for me. :)

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
My experiences with cigalikes were not good, and I wasn't trying to quit smoking. I used them while in the hospital (several times - long stays). The cigalikes helped a little with the hand-to-mouth habit, but didn't touch the nic withdrawals. Docs gave me patches for that. And they tasted horrible. Every time I left the hospital, I lit a cig as soon as I got in the car.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
My experiences with cigalikes were not good, and I wasn't trying to quit smoking. I used them while in the hospital (several times - long stays). The cigalikes helped a little with the hand-to-mouth habit, but didn't touch the nic withdrawals. Docs gave me patches for that. And they tasted horrible. Every time I left the hospital, I lit a cig as soon as I got in the car.

the trick is to refill cartomizers or esmart tanks with good juice. Not the junk that comes prefilled.

Reactions: Kim B.

MrDripper

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Ok, maybe I was a little harsh as it seems that some still use a cigalike at times and you know what? I applaud you. I seriously do.
Maybe it's because I truly enjoy chucking clouds now and have become jaded by BT trying to jump on the vaping bandwagon but seriously, as a former 27 year heavy smoker, I have no desire to hold a cigarette ever again. I enjoy the feel and weight of my Dimitri mech mod in my hand. I know I'm not alone in saying that but listen...in all seriousness...whatever gets you through the day without smoking 1 cigarette, is all worth it, my friends.
Vape on!

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Oh yea don't get me wrong, I'm at work thinking man I want to go out to the car, but I don't pull my hair out anymore.

The rest of the time my boss is like - stop doing that when I'm talking to you I can't see your face. And I go OK tooooooo toooooooo lol
Ok, maybe I was a little harsh as it seems that some still use a cigalike at times and you know what? I applaud you. I seriously do.
Maybe it's because I truly enjoy chucking clouds now and have become jaded by BT trying to jump on the vaping bandwagon but seriously, as a former 27 year heavy smoker, I have no desire to hold a cigarette ever again. I enjoy the feel and weight of my Dimitri mech mod in my hand. I know I'm not alone in saying that but listen...in all seriousness...whatever gets you through the day without smoking 1 cigarette, is all worth it, my friends.
Vape on!
That's just it, your equating cigalikes with the gas station crap actually made by big tobacco. Many of the independent brands, while not awesome, do work much better and they keep improving. 3 years ago we didn't even have ego sized clearos that work as well as some of these cigalike micro tanks do today.

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
The cigalikes that I started using about 3 months ago, that got me completely off of tobacco are not garbage. They were good enough to get me off of a 2 PAD habit. After day one, I was down to zero analogs per day.

And who says that somebody has to use cartomizers with cigalikes? I've mostly been using clearomizers, and vaping on them tastes good, as long as they're filled up with a decent juice. My cigalikes taste good when I fill them up with some nice, premium juice.

I'm currently vaping on an Evod at the moment, but I still have my cigalikes next to me, and I still use them sometimes.

The cigalikes that I have are better than many larger units because the ones I have are constant voltage, they always stay at 4.2 V, and many of the larger units that I've seen, like many ego types, do not do that.

If I wanted one of those larger, cloud chasing mods, I could have easily bought one, but the cigalikes were what I chose when I first began vaping and I have zero regrets about that.

MrDripper

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
Dimitri's, depending on batteries, put out around 80 watts.
Of course, everything depends on your build as well.
Since I am still learning and have only evolved to the 80 watt stage, I am satiated...for now, lol
I most definitely see a Sigelei 150w in my future. Probably within a month or so.
Until then, I hold Dimitri close.

MrDripper

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
The cigalikes that I started using about 3 months ago, that got me completely off of tobacco are not garbage. They were good enough to get me off of a 2 PAD habit. After day one, I was down to zero analogs per day.

And who says that somebody has to use cartomizers with cigalikes? I've mostly been using clearomizers, and vaping on them tastes good, as long as they're filled up with a decent juice. My cigalikes taste good when I fill them up with some nice, premium juice.

I'm currently vaping on an Evod at the moment, but I still have my cigalikes next to me, and I still use them sometimes.

The cigalikes that I have are better than many larger units because the ones I have are constant voltage, they always stay at 4.2 V, and many of the larger units that I've seen, like many ego types, do not do that.

If I wanted one of those larger, cloud chasing mods, I could have easily bought one, but the cigalikes were what I chose when I first began vaping and I have zero regrets about that.
Ok, easy brother. I've already apologized for the glibness of my post. It was late last night and I seriously regret posting it.
But, since it's out there, I'm kind of glad that it is so we can all have a discussion and maybe I can learn something I didn't know and I did.
Personally, I used them and they did nothing for me. But since they worked for you, I am happy that they did their job.
If it keeps you off of the stinkies, my friend, I'm all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread