I'm going to try cigalikes. Most likely V2. Looking for final input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CigmundFreud

Nov 3, 2014
Coral Springs, Fl
So I'm going to try out a cigalike now. I already have a kanger subtank, but it has random technical issues as well as constant leaking. I want something dirt simple with no leaking, and I don't care at all about sacrificing cloud production. All that matters is that it mimics a cigarette's feel so that it tricks my brain into being relaxed. I'm going to give the cigalikes that come with cartomizers a shot.

So I came here for some final advice. I've looked at blu, green smoke, halo, and v2. I'm choosing V2 because they have the ex series. There's 2 reasons I like it.

1) It has cartomizers that last longer (400 puffs compare to the average 250) and come with a liquid gauge to actually see when the liquid is low.

2) The starter kit I would get would come with a portable charging case that could fit in my pocket with my cigalike charging in it throughout the day.

The other brands I mentioned don't have these features, so I'm heavily leaning on V2. So lastly I would just like if others have recommendations for a good cigalike besides V2, or any input whatsoever on this topic. Thank you!

chinacatsunflower-

Feb 23, 2016
My input would be to advise you against cigalikes. They're much more expensive than mods in the long run, I'd suggest doing thorough research and upgrade your setup to something that won't have those problems. It's an investment, but cheaper over all. I've personally never owned a cigalike, but I know people who have and they go through hell with those things, so many more problems than the ones you're having with your Kanger.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Cigarettes were just so convenient and easy to use. They are designed that way. And, I paid for that convenience for a good while. My wife uses cig-a-likes and they do cost a bunch more than vaping. She uses the V2 and complained that the juice clogged up if she didn't continue with the cartridge. She wanted simplicity and convenience. It does come at a price.

She uses four Nautiluses now for different flavors. Fairly simple and she got used to filling and putting in the coils. I tried to get her into more, but she doesn't want it. She learned enough to not push the other buttons on her mod and deal with the Nautiluses.

I think it is a better step than cig-a-likes. Not to much discussion here on them. Not a lot of happiness with them, I think.

Good luck!

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I started vaping using V2s. I like that they drain from 4.2v to 3.7v like the mechanical mods I primarily use today. I've seen other cigalikes that offer a constant 3.7v but it seems silly to me to constantly vape at a voltage you would normally recharge your battery giving you the weakest vape. I thought that the V2 eliquid sucked - it tasted metallic and bad to me so I quickly moved to fillable empty cartomizers and bought juice from different places.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
So I'm going to try out a cigalike now. I already have a kanger subtank, but it has random technical issues as well as constant leaking. I want something dirt simple with no leaking, and I don't care at all about sacrificing cloud production. All that matters is that it mimics a cigarette's feel so that it tricks my brain into being relaxed. I'm going to give the cigalikes that come with cartomizers a shot.

So I came here for some final advice. I've looked at blu, green smoke, halo, and v2. I'm choosing V2 because they have the ex series. There's 2 reasons I like it.

1) It has cartomizers that last longer (400 puffs compare to the average 250) and come with a liquid gauge to actually see when the liquid is low.

2) The starter kit I would get would come with a portable charging case that could fit in my pocket with my cigalike charging in it throughout the day.

The other brands I mentioned don't have these features, so I'm heavily leaning on V2. So lastly I would just like if others have recommendations for a good cigalike besides V2, or any input whatsoever on this topic. Thank you!

I found with cigalikes, what mattered most was the taste.
I'd try a disposable version first.

For example I had 2 ciglike kits when I first started; a supercig, and a southbeachsmoke.
The southbeach tasted good, but I preferred the design of the supercig.

With the cigalikes you are basically limited to the flavors they happen to offer, and even if you figured out how to put your own flavour, the material used for the wicking/filler, can make a significant contribution to the flavour.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
I recently got my wife a new device that I wish I had 6 years ago. It would have made life so much easier so to me this is a no brainer device for people looking for an analog feel, the Endura T18 by Innokin. Even though I use larger "sub ohm" devices now, I'm planning on picking one of these up for myself because I find myself using hers every time I walk past it.

This is the first device I've tried that gave a cigarette's feel. It's cheap, the coils are cheap and it works so so well. It is larger than a cigalike though but incredibly easy to maintain and fill. Plus the battery should last you all day. If you want though, you can have a micro USB cable handy and even use it as a passthrough.

You probably have juice you're happy with, but again, if you're going for that cigarette feel and are looking for that tobacco style, I'd recommend trying out a bottle of Tribeca High VG 12mg juice by Halo to go with it at some point. It seems to handle high VG or high PG just fine.

endura_3_1024x1024.jpg

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I use V2. Pretty much all I use or have ever used since 2011. I've tried other stuff. I'm sure there is better product out there, but I do prefer my V2 cigalikes after trying some.

While there are even less expensive models of the same type of cigalike that is V2 products, I'm yet to find another that has the same (lifetime) warranty. I've purchased roughly 20 batteries in 5 years of vaping. I currently have 9 in rotation. Probably lost about 2 to 3 of the 20. And around 5 of the 20 are non-V2 products (thus not expecting any warranty replacement).

Of the times I've requested replacement from V2, I have never been denied. So, I've gone through I would estimate around 40-60 batteries, and again have purchased 20, or about 15 from V2. I think the warranty really makes up for whatever others claim is cost factor. I never have had to think of how to dispose of my batteries, I just get them replaced when they don't work. There are policies (stipulations) that come with invoking the warranty / getting a replacement, but I find them reasonable.

You're still free to purchase other products and explore other devices all that you may desire.

Reactions: Foggy Road

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
I know this is off topic, but I want to thank the discussion.

Tbh, cigalikes really suck, and offer worse problems than a simple ego/tank (for minimum keepup)

If I can dig up my old cigalike, ima try and mod it for better results - if the idea works well enough, I AM going to send the unit and a nice detailed paper to a few cigalike companies such as mark ten (tho I hate it is BT, BT controls majority of the cigalike corner of ecigs)

duc916

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Nor Cal
I started with a V2 kit in 2012 that came with two batteries: a manual (with button) and an automatic. Avoid the automatic. Mine auto-fired in my pocket like a dang mech mod. They sent me another and it did the same thing. I didn't get mad about it... V2 worked for me, and it saved my life. Haven't had an analog since.

They had a flavor I liked a lot at the time called Sahara. I found a blister pack recently and tried it again... ugh.... nasty!

Reactions: Foggy Road
Hey guys, thx for the responses. I took some of your advice and yesterday bought a disposable one at Wallgreens. They had a special on the NJoy daily. It's Njoy's newest disposable ecig (I think it came out mid-late 2015), costed me 4 bucks.

I must say... that I'm surprisingly impressed so far. The vapor production is more than satisfactory (it's no cloud chaser but pretty much on par with the smoke production of a cig), and the throat hit is just right. I got the standard tobacco flavor, and it's actually quite tasty.

I'm really enjoying the utter simplicity and cigarette type feel of it. I think this may be a winner for me at least. I know the majority stance is that cigalikes are bad. But I think they've advanced in quality over the years just like tank systems have too. If you're fine and prefer your tank systems, then by all means stick with them. But if anyone is curious and wants to give a disposable cigalike a try, I'll vouch for the Njoy daily. It's definitely a fun little experiment.

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
Hey guys, thx for the responses. I took some of your advice and yesterday bought a disposable one at Wallgreens. They had a special on the NJoy daily. It's Njoy's newest disposable ecig (I think it came out mid-late 2015), costed me 4 bucks.

I must say... that I'm surprisingly impressed so far. The vapor production is more than satisfactory (it's no cloud chaser but pretty much on par with the smoke production of a cig), and the throat hit is just right. I got the standard tobacco flavor, and it's actually quite tasty.

I'm really enjoying the utter simplicity and cigarette type feel of it. I think this may be a winner for me at least. I know the majority stance is that cigalikes are bad. But I think they've advanced in quality over the years just like tank systems have too. If you're fine and prefer your tank systems, then by all means stick with them. But if anyone is curious and wants to give a disposable cigalike a try, I'll vouch for the Njoy daily. It's definitely a fun little experiment.

Was just going to say something about the NJOY Daily. I never knew they came out with it
and on a recent trip to MS I bought a couple to try. Definitely a cig feel and size, but
not fond of the taste myself. Tastes sorta like unflavored to me. I wanted to try the NJOY
Kings but they didn't have any. The other thing is I vape 6 mg and the Daily's are 45, but
I didn't feel that. I have vaped White Cloud's 54 mg cigalike and definitely could get nic
sick quickly, but the Daily's didn't do that to me, and I was convinced they aren't 45 mg. as
indicated.

darkangel07760

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2015

if you are looking for more authentic tobacco flavors, Halo makes the best. :)

Reactions: Garnoch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread