Cigarette free for 8 years, Vap free for 7 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Stop smoking in 2011m started using vap . Although vaping may not be as bad as cigarettes is but it can't be much better..Anyways after seven weeks vap free the craving is just as bad as day one. I don't want to use any other device (patch, gum or pills) this vaping thing may end up much harder to stop than cigarettes
I quit cold turkey and relapsed after 10 years. As long as I'm vaping that won't happen again. In the mean time I enjoy vaping, it's free, don't see any health reason to stop, and not sure how hard that would be.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Do you figure that? I guess we will see.

In any case, you did make a few inflammatory statements like "It can't be much better." So far (admittedly projective figures) would say it is 96% BETTER than smoking, which is a LOT better.

The oily residue on things does not "build up" in your lungs, to the best of my knowledge..

Your rash could be based on a LOT of things, including flavorings, heck EVEN the type of coil material you use, some folks don't do well with certain metals. You may need more research or even an allergist to work with you to deal with the rash.

If you are craving vaping may I respectfully suggest snus? It is considered harm reduction and I can go up to 12 hours without vaping OR thinking about it at work,

You can import much fancy stuff from Sweden (they were the ones that developed it,) However, you can also buy a tin of Swedish snus at many gas stations for like 4 bucks. It is confusingly labeled American General Snus, but it is Swedish, and the taste may be intense at first but give it a try, it may help with the vape cravings, and that's worth SOMETHING.

Here you go: Snus Finder | Find snus in stores near you

Anna

man00

May 26, 2011
okla

In any case, you did make a few inflammatory statements like "It can't be much better." So far (admittedly projective figures) would say it is 96% BETTER than smoking, which is a LOT better.

The oily residue on things does not "build up" in your lungs, to the best of my knowledge..

Your rash could be based on a LOT of things, including flavorings, heck EVEN the type of coil material you use, some folks don't do well with certain metals. You may need more research or even an allergist to work with you to deal with the rash.

If you are craving vaping may I respectfully suggest snus? It is considered harm reduction and I can go up to 12 hours without vaping OR thinking about it at work,

You can import much fancy stuff from Sweden (they were the ones that developed it,) However, you can also buy a tin of Swedish snus at many gas stations for like 4 bucks. It is confusingly labeled American General Snus, but it is Swedish, and the taste may be intense at first but give it a try, it may help with the vape cravings, and that's worth SOMETHING.

Anna
What
Congrats I guess. :thumb: Hope you go back to vaping rather than smoking, if you have the irresistible urge to go back to either.

Anna
To each his/her own..You can vape not vape..makes no difference to me. That I'm 100% sure of not 96%. Thanks for the info on snus but gonna try and make it without any aid. I don't know for sure if the oily residue stays on your lungs or not..I figure why take a chance

Reactions: stols001

man00

May 26, 2011
okla
Well its been a while longer still no smokes or vap, urges have let up some. I think going back to my walking in the evenings has really help. Anyways for the first time in 40 years I feel like I can say I'm nicotine free. I'm not telling anyone what they should do or not do far as vaping goes, vaping did help me to get off cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread