Cigarette style

Status
Not open for further replies.

milo hobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Lake Charles La
I have been vaping for a long time now, about 10 months and my wife has continued to smoke cigarettes. I am currently using a puresmoker prodigy at 6 volts and am loving it. Before this I was using a joye ego. I have never tried a cigarette style pv. My wife has been an opponent of the idea of vaping, regardless of the facts, however, she is starting to come around. She wanted to find a cigarette style PV and try that despite my warnings that they don't generally satisfy.

So I come to you guys, and ask that you do the impossible. Could you find me a cigarette style, as in small and looks like a cigarette, pv that is cost effective and generally hastle free? Thank you for your time.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I would recommend the Volt or the Halo G6, both are 808 and basically the same PV. Pricing is a little better on the Volt Kit and you get to customize the kit more so I personally lean in that direction, both are good choice though.

I've been vaping for well over a year and have moved to mods but still use my Volt on the go sometimes, actually not a bid little pv.

Glam

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
La Salle, Illinois
I quit smoking using the Vapor 4 Life Vapor Kings. They are cig sized...and come in several different lengths. They also have a good selection of e juice and one of the biggest forums on the ECF. If she smokes menthol, their WOW peppermint juice is great. They also have some tobaccos that get good reviews from their forum followers. And they run phenomenal sales almost daily.

jherron

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2011
West Virginia
Ive been vaping for about two years , own and use several different mods but went back to the kr808's for my primary pv on the go .I love my big battery tube mods with dc tanks at home but honestly just too cumbersome to lug around all day . the volt cartomizers are great and very satisfying even compared to the great hardware i have at home .

leftfeild

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Scotland
For its size, the volt, halo g6 or bloog are the most powerful and robust ecigs on the market until someone invents something better that's that compact.

The kr808D-1 units mentioned are all the same inside, just different branding. They are all 3.7v regulated, compared to the 510 which is 3.2v and even the ego at 3.2v you're getting a true 3.7v device crammed into a superking sized pv. Not bad at all.

If you want an automatic they're very robust automatics. I've been using mine for... must be close to 8 months now, still have my original two automatic batteries that get used almost every day and they are just as good as the day I got them. Haven't broken, don't go off to sound, still activates when I draw through it, still holds a decent charge and doesn't misfire or go off when it's not meant to.

They also come in manual if you don't want an automatic.

You can get 220 mAh or 320mAh from the batteries as opposed to 190 mAh to 280mAh on the standard 510 and larger 510, and likely a worse mAh on true superminis.

The main reason I suppose most people say don't get a cig sized ecig is because of the charge they hold because they're smaller. I mean, the ego, has to be the most reccommended starter battery ever. But it's 3.2v and the kr808D-1's are 3.7v. It'll perform a little stronger than an ego. The only downside is 650mAh on the ego vs 320mAh on the volt. If charge is the only problem, invest in a PCC and take it with you. You'll get more "puff" time than an ego with two volt batteries and a PCC.

There pretty much is nothing else to get for cig sized PVs. When the new kr808D-1's came along, they topped every other cig sized pv out there and are still the top right now. Anything else is lower mAh, lower voltage, bad cartomisers/atomisers with barely any filling space and so many other things that just don't make a complete PV.

You don't have to take my word for it, but if someone said I had to use cig sized ecigs for the rest of my life or I can't vape, today, I'd be using my volt while I'm waiting on someone to invent something better.

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
I'll agree with what most people already said. I think the 808 style works pretty well as far as the stick style e-cigs go. I prefer them to regular Joye 510s myself. (the e-cig not the generic thread pattern)

I have been vaping for a long time now, about 10 months and my wife has continued to smoke cigarettes. I am currently using a puresmoker prodigy at 6 volts and am loving it. Before this I was using a joye ego. I have never tried a cigarette style pv. My wife has been an opponent of the idea of vaping, regardless of the facts, however, she is starting to come around. She wanted to find a cigarette style PV and try that despite my warnings that they don't generally satisfy.

So I come to you guys, and ask that you do the impossible. Could you find me a cigarette style, as in small and looks like a cigarette, pv that is cost effective and generally hastle free? Thank you for your time.

sppowers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2011
Boston

Alac

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
The super mini from totally wicked looks like a cigarette and the kit is relatively cheap. <snip>
This is a standard RN4081.
TW appears to be discontinuing this line, just last week they had thier 4081 batteries on closeout, they sold out before I could order some.
There are several other places to get 4081 parts though.
IMO, the Volt/bloog/G6 220 mAh battery is better then the 4081 180 mAh

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
<--- chimes in with the Volt vote.
I have a Volt kit, and I absolutely love it. The batteries never peter out to wispy-ness as they are being used up. Nope. They retain their 3.7v of pure bliss the entire vaping time. (minus the last 1 or 2 puffs). They are regulated 3.7v.

plus, as a bonus, the colors are wild fun and the LED are jewel rich bright. (even the purple!).

I have a shorty (65mm) for hands free playing Xbox and a regular length (75mm) for holding like a real cig times. (morning coffee especially). I also use the PT (manual) when at the computer. I love every one of them. I now see why SteelJan does cartwheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread