Cisco 306 atty from Avid Vaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

krevo81

Jan 4, 2010
Austin
So I just got the 306 two pack in w/ a drip tip. I pulled the cartridge sleeve off, screwed the atty into my SB @ 3.7v and slid the drip tip on. I got a clear one, so I promptly put 3-5 drops on the atty and waited for the liquid to soak in.

When I dripped a couple more on, and fire it up, I saw part of the atty turn orange and it produced a very horrid burnt taste. I dripped some more, and the atty was almost covered. Let it sit, tried again, still horrible taste. Shortly after, my liquid started leaking through. What gives? I've never had this issue with any joye 510 LR atomizers? I really feel a bit ripped off, considering I followed his instructions exactly.

What did I do wrong?

Last edited:

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
306's are a different beast altogether compared to a Joye 510. There's going to be a slight learning curve as well. Which can sometimes be an expensive lesson to be learned. Initially, you would want to soak it in liquid and have it absorbed by the bridge, wick, and mesh material. Afterwards, they generally only take a few drops when your dripping and will only last 5 hits or less. And yes, they do have a tendency to leak.

Since you have already burnt the wick. You should de-wick it since it's not gonna go away otherwise. Blow the atty out of any access juice that it might have in there. Here's the brief directions for de-wicking it:

Use a paper clip and push the wick out under the bridge. Be careful not to touch the coil to much and use light pressure throughout the process.

After you get it all out of there. Drop 6 drops into it and let it sit for 10 minutes. Then vape away.

carlton M

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Walnut Creek Ca
I flood prime mine whenever I get a new atty. I put the DT on it and drop 10 or so drops, let it leak through onto paper towel, add a few more drops and then blow through the DT.
After that I wipe the threads screw it onto my PV, and take a couple of pulls. Once it needs it I only drip 2-3 drops at a time, so I drip more often on the Cisco LRs, but it's worth it!
My Cannon DT from Cherry vape is awsome, so are my drip shields, you may want try one, especially the drip shield.
Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread