• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

CJ: "Not many complaints"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoyoubi

Oct 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
Here's a quote from a Courier Journal article about us that if you haven't read, you should. All-in-all, it seems like a pretty decent report. Here's the way the article ends though, and I thought this was most relevant:

Not many complaints

Hahn said Louisville and Lexington’s smoking bans, passed when e-cigarettes were barely known, don’t apply to them. Bans this year by Bardstown and Glasgow included e-cigarettes, and the Madison County Board of Health is considering taking similar action.

In Louisville, two large employers and one small one said e-cigarette smoking by workers hasn’t become an issue.

And Dave Langdon, spokesman for the Louisville Metro Department of Public Health and Wellness, said his department has no plans to try adding electronic cigarettes to Louisville’s ban.

He said the department has received only one complaint over e-cigarette use in a public place. “We simply told (the complainer) that the ordinance didn’t apply,” he said.

Nicotine-delivering e-cigarettes under fire | courier-journal.com | The Courier-Journal

Nikhil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Louisville, KY
Fancy guy in the picture has an Omega with 306 atomizer and clear Nhaler drip tip plus some AVE juice, nice!

Also our very own Deanna is quoted in the article (ECF name Deena) on page 4.

Nice quote from Nitzkin as well.
“I don’t think there’s any question about it,” said Dr. Joel Nitzkin, former chair of the tobacco control task force of the American Association of Public Health Physicians.

If cigarette smokers switched to e-cigarettes, Nitzkin said, “we could eliminate 98 percent of the illness and death” attributed to tobacco use.

This is quite sad, however.
Bans this year by Bardstown and Glasgow included e-cigarettes, and the Madison County Board of Health is considering taking similar action.

RooksGambit

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Lexington, Kentucky
That's me with the OMeGa, and in the first little interview in the article. Both the reporter and the photographer were very interested in this whole vaping thing. I spoke to both for about an hour.

frequentj, I know that Bardstown has a ban on PV's/Smoking, and the Tobacco ban on UK Campus also includes PVs specifically, and I believe the new Marion County ordinance covers vaping as well. Though that may only have been in their county courthouse.

Last edited:

frequentj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
That's me with the OMeGa, and in the first little interview in the article. Both the reporter and the photographer were very interested in this whole vaping thing. I spoke to both for about an hour.

frequentj, I know that Bardstown has a ban on PV's/Smoking, and the Tobacco ban on UK Campus also includes PVs specifically, and I believe the new Marion County ordinance covers vaping as well. Though that may only have been in their county courthouse.

Thanks! Gosh, it makes me feel old when I remember when you could smoke at UK. And by "at UK", I mean in the actual classroom hallways!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread