Clapton coil question

Status
Not open for further replies.

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
Can premade Clapton coil wire be any good ? And also is Lifemods or Lightning better, and can these be made to higher ohmage for runnig in stm, Taifuns or Kayfuns on a Provari 2.5. If they can be used at higher ohms wich type and size would you recomend . Just curious and would like to try them out as I am old school low wattage but my daugter is a sub ohmer and may like these so may just order for her. Thanks.

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
It "can" be good. I have some premade UD wire in 26/32 Kanthal, but I prefer my own. You can build them higher if you want, just keep in mind that it will require more power than a single wire coil to ramp the heat up. Just like if you move to a higher gauge. I have no brand recommendations for you though as I have only tried two different brands. One was actual premade coils, the other the wire that I had to coil myself.

Reactions: schatz

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
Thank you for the replies, I kind of figured it might require the power of a mech or high wattage regulated mod. Just figured I would ask someone with experience. I used strictly mechs for the last couple years at .8 ohm 26 guage, but Provari had a killer blem sale and I went back to the tootle puffing 1.2 to 1.6 ohm and have really been enjoying that the last few months. Since the deemings are going through now I just thought before they ban premade wires that I should try some claptons and other wraps. What gauge wrap would you guys recommend for a 2.5mm dia coil with 6 to 8 wraps in the .8 range? I think I would like to try premades while I can and then diy them later if I find that I really like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread