Not open for further replies.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
This may seem stupid but bear with me.
I make my own Clapton's usually fused 26x34 and lightning vapes wire.
Now my question is about how long Clapton's last for those of you making your own.
When I build standard round wire coils in can get a few weeks easy. But my Clapton's I seem to get a week or maybe a little more before having to rebuild. Mainly because even with fresh wick my adv doesn't taste right.
To give you the rest of the info, I DIY my juices and do use sweetener. My coils do gunk up but I clean and rewick every 2/3 days to keep things fresh.

Is this in my head or do others of you see this?

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Depends on use case I suppose.

I assume by "Clean" and rewick you're dry burning running under a faucet then dry burning again?

I've never had a coil that need to be cleaned in 1 day much less replaced in a week.

after dry burn and rinsing the coil will still look new for at least a week after you'll notice a discoloration but no need to actually rebuild.

What makes you think you NEED to rebuild?

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
It may be my imagination as I mentioned, but the flavor changes on my adv even with a fresh wick.
And yes dry fire and rinse. discoloration is normal yes.
Also I am a fairly heavy vaper, these coils pass a minimum of 25ml a day. I look more for flavor than cloud but do enjoy the cloud so maybe it's more the juice used than time?

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread