Clapton Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotInAGang

Sep 2, 2015
Bozeman, Montana
There's a pervasive debate about the efficacy of dragon coils/wicking vs normal macro/micro/nano coils with standard wicking, and while this debate is all well and good, I'm not looking to use this thread as a theatre for that debate.

I've been working with claptons for the last two months, and for the most part, the flavor/clouds are unparalleled. My questions are, has anyone wrapped their claptons as nano dragons? Did you like it? What wicking style do you prefer for these set ups? Have you tried twisted or parallel claptons and liked them?

I've been playing with some different wicking styles, and I've found that instead of wicking the dragon as is standard, leaving the raised side free of wick; wicking the coil such that the bottom end of the coil is left open allows the vapor to condense in the juice well before being inhaled, giving superior flavor. Has anyone else tried this?

Cheers!

Deap

Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
I've yet to see anyone do it, but it might be doable, just it kind of defeats the point of a Clapton since the point of a nano dragon is a narrow tunnel with only one exit for the vapor. While a Clapton is ribbed for your vaping pleasure so there's a lot of room between the wire in each wrap to it makes it a lot harder to make that sealed passage.

NotInAGang

Sep 2, 2015
Bozeman, Montana
here is a variation on the dragon that found you might be interested in, i might even try it myself as i used to like nanos a while back when i was vaping a bit cooler builds..

Awesome video, looks like a sweet set up. I recently switched to twisted clapton stove tops, but it looks like another build day is in order. Cheers!

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread