Classified access...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
j0ker explained what was going on here: Verified Member Explained With More Detail (FAQ included)

Add to the fact that he is a very busy individual and the ONLY one that does verifications due to the sensitive nature of the information provided, verifications can take longer than usual. We're not paid here. We're all volunteers and sometimes life gets in the way of our duties here.

Oh, and the classifieds will not be opened to all. Due to scams and thefts that have happened in the past, we will continue to verify all who request access.

Please stop verifying me... after 3 months of waiting I no longer wish to be verified.

Skwij

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Get ready to wait. I went through the application process in May, then they had some problems and now I have no clue what's going on. So I continue to wait with no clue. The story of my life ;)

Also in waiting Limbo. Glad to know it's not just me. :tumble:

Yep. May or June here too. I'd have to check PayPal to be sure of the exact date.

Also, the notification at the beginning of the verification link wasn't there when I applied.

Poo.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
If they sought for help I am sure many of us would be willing.
That may require relinquishing some control. My comment was just due to getting tired of the whining. ECF has been clear that this isn't a priority for them. Other forums have good hardware sections, buy-sell-trade elsewhere rather than moan about what isn't going to change.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
That may require relinquishing some control. My comment was just due to getting tired of the whining. ECF has been clear that this isn't a priority for them. Other forums have good hardware sections, buy-sell-trade elsewhere rather than moan about what isn't going to change.

On that I agree.

Looking at the listings now, I don't think the majority of the people applying would be interested in what's on offer anyways.

US only shipping and ProVaris' don't exactly appeal to the market at large. At least for me anyways, I haven't had any reason to use the classifieds.

local'ish buy sell trade private groups are, in my opinion, the way to go.

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
On that I agree.

Looking at the listings now, I don't think the majority of the people applying would be interested in what's on offer anyways.

US only shipping and ProVaris' don't exactly appeal to the market at large. At least for me anyways, I haven't had any reason to use the classifieds.

local'ish buy sell trade private groups are, in my opinion, the way to go.
Very few groups around here and 90% of their hardware comes from shops that carries mostly Smok products. I have had good luck on other forums and I didn’t have to dance through any hoops or resort to pm.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Very few groups around here and 90% of their hardware comes from shops that carries mostly Smok products. I have had good luck on other forums and I didn’t have to dance through any hoops or resort to pm.

Yeah, that's why I added the ish. With the cost of shipping in the US, CONUS is basically that ish.

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
"a better way"? How about just getting their S___ together and approving these requests. If it's too much for the person doing it now then something needs to change. Let's be real here, people are waiting 5+ months.

Let's be real here, ECF has been clear that this isn't a "priority" for them...their "explanation" or rather lack of sensible explanation is very clear disrespect shown to all those that applied for verification. Deleting post of unregistered supplier takes a few hours to verify member 5 months is not enough...

Reactions: VapourFlavour

UpNorth

Sep 3, 2018
Tundra, Minnesota
Why has this been made so over complicated? It's very simple to run classifieds by doing the following:
Supporting Members only
One time fee of $25- 50 (Here is your verification process, set forum to auto enroll these people upon completion of fee and the following)
Minimum of 50 posts and minimum of 30 days as a Supporting Member
Use at your Own Risk

Classifieds should only be used by people, willing to support the forum they are buying or selling on. By doing things this way you do not need to dedicate someone to Verifying people or you end up with the current situation.

• Agree
Reactions: Skwij

UpNorth

Sep 3, 2018
Tundra, Minnesota
Or just have an open trade forum to use at your own risk. Works well in other forums. No reason it couldn't here as well. Trade rating system is already in place.
I have gone that route on a few forums I modded years ago and that spells trouble. I have found that a slight fee and a few simple guidelines weeds out many of the trollish types. Not 100% but at least there is a way to track them from the Supporting Payment fee. It's also very easy to remove bad apples if it does happen. Just my 0.02

• Agree
Reactions: Skwij
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread